To GNR Camp - please fix The General digital release mix!!!

5 minutes ago, NormisX said:

90% yes, this is how I guess song was meant to be released, but someone fucked something up with this digital release

So, I'm super hard of hearing these days. Sometimes songs just sound muddy or muted, and The General leak and official streaming sounded only a little different to me. Both a bit muddy...

The vinyl by far is the superior version, and I can pick up a lot of layers I was missing on the other versions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Matinator said:

A vinlyl rip, even a good one is gonna loose a bit of quality digitally compared to a CD/download. The clipping probably got lost in the transfer

Did u listen to it? It's weird but this rip seems to sound better in every way unlike vinyl rips I've heard before, which like U said always sounded warmer, but without so much high end. Makes me think we got some major fuck up with digital release

12 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Can anyone please explain to me like I’m a 2 year old what this clipping issue is? 

All the answers are in this thread already

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kever20 said:

So, I'm super hard of hearing these days. Sometimes songs just sound muddy or muted, and The General leak and official streaming sounded only a little different to me. Both a bit muddy...

The vinyl by far is the superior version, and I can pick up a lot of layers I was missing on the other versions.

Almost hard to believe this is vinyl rip... just sounds like the the proper digital mix we never got

On 12/17/2023 at 9:19 PM, WhazUp said:

In the chorus especially it is pretty audible, in particular if you listen to the kick drum hits

You will hear it sound distorted, but not in an intentional way like electronic/industrial music where the drums can intentionally all sound overloaded for effect - in this case it will sound similar to if you blew out cheap speakers.  "Crackling" is the best descriptive term I can use for it

screw you guys for pointing out the clipping, because now (I think) I can't unhear it!

I think I can hear something between 1:09 and 1:12, something like two or three clicks/thuds in the background or buried under the guitar while Axl is saying "I never took the time". Especially at 1:11. Can anyone else hear it at that part? I can't tell if my ears are inventing something or not.

Edited by BucketEgg

3 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

screw you guys for pointing out the clipping, because now (I think) I can't unhear it!

I think I can hear something between 1:09 and 1:12, something like two or three clicks/thuds in the background or buried under the guitar while Axl is saying "I never took the time". Especially at 1:11. Can anyone else hear it at that part? I can't tell if my ears are inventing something or not.

U lucky deaf bastards :D I can hear every single clicking... must be hundreds in song. And amen to person who uploaded that vinyl rip on youtube.... Finally I can enjoy the song