To GNR Camp - please fix The General digital release mix!!!

2 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

The bands management aren't involved in the creation of the music. There is no mention of the bands management listed in the song credits. 

The bands management team handels is business affairs. If you do some research the bands lists it's Artists and Repertoire representative. If you don't know what a A & R rep does, here is a general description. 

A&R is the division of a record label or music publishing company that is responsible for scouting and overseeing the artistic development of recording artists and songwriters.[1] It also acts as a liaison between artists and the record label or publishing company. Every activity involving artists to the point of album release is generally considered under the purview and responsibility of A&R. 

The current management of Guns N Roses have never listed themselves as anything other then handling the bands business affairs.

You should be directing your frustration towards the record label, who have signed off on the official release of the finnshed product.. The record label is collecting the financial benefits of the Generals release..not the band nor it's management. 

The band is making its money via touring, as is every other artist in today's music industry. 

Then riddle me this - why does all this shit keep happening to gnr. Every release its something. Everything is a fuckup. Why doesn't this happen to every other artist on the label? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I would say more likely to happen than not. 

It's a big maybe. The argument against is stronger - they come from an unpopular era, they are not popular songs or doing successful. It would only be completists that would buy it... Not even fans of Chinese would be guaranteed to care or buy it. 

Maybe posthumously or when gnr just retire and Axl is bored at home he might want to put that stuff out, but right now not a chance. The focus is on Axl, Slash and Duff ALL other past non active members are not going to be getting any special edition releases. It's just not something the record company would be interested in, the average fan either AND Slash and Duff would not be interested in it (currently, I leave it open for 15/20yrs from now).

Edited by Tom2112

Lmao, they didn’t have a solo to replace so they just had to find something else to make the final release worse than the demo.

This is beyond embarrassing, beyond the realm of bad luck and goofs that can be laughed at. This is treating their own music with contempt, and it’s humiliating to all of us.

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Flayer said:

Lmao, they didn’t have a solo to replace so they just had to find something else to make the final release worse than the demo.

This is beyond embarrassing, beyond the realm of bad luck and goofs that can be laughed at. This is treating their own music with contempt, and it’s humiliating to all of us.

What demo?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Flayer said:

I'm going to be doing some side by side comparison when I get home from work tonight, because if there was, it certainly wasn't as noticeable as in the "official" release. 

I think it's because the high end was so lacking on the leak, and that's where a lot of the clipping on the kick drum is. It's not a low-end thumpy clipping, it's a lot of very high-end popping on kick hits, especially in that last chorus. You can hear where they are in both versions, but they stick out way more in the released version.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bmus1 said:

I think it's because the high end was so lacking on the leak, and that's where a lot of the clipping on the kick drum is. It's not a low-end thumpy clipping, it's a lot of very high-end popping on kick hits, especially in that last chorus. You can hear where they are in both versions, but they stick out way more in the released version.

Well put sir. Exactly this.

• Like 3

I think you guys are being way too anal about the clipping. Not even the HARDCORE DISLIKER reactions on Youtube ever mention anything about clipping or the sound quality of the song. I also don't have an ear for it either, I just hear the song, and that's it. Changing something about the mix would literally do nothing for me in regards to my opinion of the song.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think you guys are being way too anal about the clipping. Not even the HARDCORE DISLIKER reactions on Youtube ever mention anything about clipping or the sound quality of the song. I also don't have an ear for it either, I just hear the song, and that's it. Changing something about the mix would literally do nothing for me in regards to my opinion of the song.

The number one upvoted comment on the Youtube video is, quote, "Who in the hell mixed this?"

Search "guns n roses the general" and the number one result on Reddit is a thread in r/audioengineers which begins "This mix is awful - like, the bass drum audibly clips in spots... in only one channel (? sometimes?) - this is the weirdest pro mix I've ever heard. Artistic choices aside, that's just unacceptable" followed by replies that are just as, or even more brutal.

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

All I see is "Love that these guys and other bands from this era are still making music, keep on rockin " with 141 upvotes lol

Do you know why this is? Because that comment, which had over 150 likes and was at the top of the page when I saw it the other day (and the entire thread of replies) were all deleted by the uploader of the video. I know this for a fact because my comment in the thread was deleted as well.

And the uploader is the official Guns N’ Roses YouTube channel, so that confirms that they (or at least whoever runs the page for them) are not unaware of fan complaints about this - they are, and they are choosing to actively censor criticism of it.

Thanks, I might not have noticed if you hadn’t pointed that out. Now this whole thing stinks even more.

EDIT: said comment was not deleted but just ended up buried far, far down the replies due to Youtube's broken algorithm. It still has 194 likes and 42 replies, which makes it the most liked and replied to comment on the entire video.

Edited by Flayer

2 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Do you know why this is? Because that comment, which had over 150 likes and was at the top of the page when I saw it the other day (and the entire 90+ thread of replies) were all deleted by the uploader of the video. I know this for a fact because my comment in the thread was deleted as well.

And the uploader is the official Guns N’ Roses YouTube channel, so that confirms that they (or at least whoever runs the page for them) are not unaware of fan complaints about this - they are, and they are choosing to actively censor criticism of it.

Thanks, I might not have noticed if you hadn’t pointed that out. Now this whole thing stinks even more.

One of the moderators of the gnr reddit is the main gnr social media person. I forget which mod it's not a fan run thing by any stretch. It's where people go to post pictures of cats that look like Dizzy Reed and stuff like that. best ignored.