To GNR Camp - please fix The General digital release mix!!!

1 minute ago, Rindmelon said:

I would agree except i would say management instead of band. It's not for example Dizzy Reeds fault the artwork looks like something out of Minecraft. It comes down to incompetent management I think, & they are only there because of one person, and that ain't Slash duff Fortus Reece Dizzy or Frank. 

Fair point. In the end, it's Axl calling the shots and keeping the incompetent leeches employed. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, NormisX said:

Strange that Perhaps mix sounds much much better than The General in that case

@Blackstar Please tell me i'm not misremembering this, but someone else mixed Perhaps right? I'm sure Caram was probably involved in the actual recording and engineering of the song but don't think he mixed the released version.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, they were both produced by Axl and Caram, but although The General was mixed by Caram (just like Absurd and Hard Skool), Perhaps was mixed by Joe Barresi (which suggests that it was a newer mix).

There is no credit about the mastering of The General. Bob Ludwig was credited for mastering Perhaps.

That's the one, thanks forgot his name. Yeah Perhaps sounds way better mixed to me than The General. If they used an old mix of a song that has Slash and Duff on it I would imagine it dates to around 2019/20. If they do put anymore of these other songs out I hope they use Joe Barresi again to be honest.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

That's the one, thanks forgot his name. Yeah Perhaps sounds way better mixed to me than The General. If they used an old mix of a song that has Slash and Duff on it I would imagine it dates to around 2019/20. If they do put anymore of these other songs out I hope they use Joe Barresi again to be honest.

When it became known that Perhaps was mixed by Joe Barresi and mastered by Bob Ludwig, I said that it was safe to assume that The General had got the same treatment.

Oh well. Here's another example of why it's never safe to assume anything with GN'R :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

When it became known that Perhaps was mixed by Joe Barresi and mastered by Bob Ludwig, I said that it was safe to assume that The General had got the same treatment.

Oh well. Here's another example of why it's never safe to assume anything with GN'R :lol:

lol I know. Nothing is safe to assume with this band

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

I get that people assumed that when Axl and Slash were in the studio in EU they were listening to mixes of these songs, however conversations between Sp1at and studio people suggest what they were listening to was AFD sounding. AFD sounding doesn't really cover either of these songs, so maybe it could be (a). 

I think the studio people only said that they were different studio mixes made in L.A. (that was the info Sp1at got from them) and that they sounded like "classic GN'R" (that was from another source, not Sp1at), not AFD specifically (the AFD sounding stuff came from Tom Mayhue). I would say that Perhaps could fit the "classic GN'R" description and maybe Monsters, too (although it would be a bit of a stretch), but definitely not The General.

I very much doubt they were just randomly working on new material just before Perhaps was releasing. It was definitely Perhaps imo. Also Tom Mayhue clearly meant to say CD era stuff when he was talking about left over tracks so I don't really think that applies.

Edited by Jw224

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think the studio people only said that they were different studio mixes made in L.A. (that was the info Sp1at got from them) and that they sounded like "classic GN'R" (that was from another source, not Sp1at), not AFD specifically (the AFD sounding stuff came from Tom Mayhue). I would say that Perhaps could fit the "classic GN'R" description and maybe Monsters, too (although it would be a bit of a stretch), but definitely not The General.

Could be wrong but if you look at his post history at EVO I think he mentions they sounded like AFD, he could have conflated it with Mayhue's comments though like you say.

Perhaps could be accused of being UYI sounding but AFD no way

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I very much doubt they were just randomly working on new material just before Perhaps was releasing. It was definitely Perhaps imo. Also Tom Mayhue clearly meant to say CD era stuff when he was talking about left over tracks so I don't really think that applies.

Working on new material I doubt. Listening to mixes of stuff already worked on maybe. I don't expect to ever hear it either way at least not officially

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

they sounded like "classic GN'R" (that was from another source, not Sp1at), not AFD specifically (the AFD sounding stuff came from Tom Mayhue). I would say that Perhaps could fit the "classic GN'R" description and maybe Monsters, too (although it would be a bit of a stretch), but definitely not The General.

There is nothing that sounds appetite, so must mean classic sounding and that would apply to perhaps for sure. can't believe anyone would hear monsters and of course the general and think it sounds like GnR. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

There is nothing that sounds appetite, so must mean classic sounding and that would apply to perhaps for sure. can't believe anyone would hear monsters and of course the general and think it sounds like GnR. 

Monsters maybe a little bit because of Slash's signature guitar sound that is all over it.

6 hours ago, NormisX said:

I think this deserves a seperate thread...

The General digital release mix is clipping like crazy and it's for sure not meant to be like that. Problem seems to be with the bassdrum. No idea how it got released like this, but it needs to be fixed

Most all modern music is dynamically crushed. The kids seem to love it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

They don't care. 

If they did care, it wouldn't sound like this and the vinyl wouldn't look shit. 

It really is as simple as that. 

100% this and honestly it pisses Mr off to no end. This is why I don't want to spend any money on these clowns anymore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, NormisX said:

I think this deserves a seperate thread...

The General digital release mix is clipping like crazy and it's for sure not meant to be like that. Problem seems to be with the bassdrum. No idea how it got released like this, but it needs to be fixed

there ain't nothing wrong with the song

• ABSUЯD 1