To GNR Camp - please fix The General digital release mix!!!

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Monsters maybe a little bit because of Slash's signature guitar sound that is all over it.

Or maybe because of Axl voice in that bridge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3 hours ago, Nintari said:

Most all modern music is dynamically crushed. The kids seem to love it.

This is the reason why they did that. But it’s not an excuse to have that clipping as a feature :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nintari said:

Most all modern music is dynamically crushed. The kids seem to love it.

It totally is, I think I am one of the younger ones on this forum and I can say a lot of us don't like the overproduced sound. It just comes across as lifeless, it gets to a point where the mix is louder than everything and it just sounds too computerized. I didn't know the name for it at first lol or what it was that was annoying me with basically every new release, but that's what it is. Its all over compressed and doesn't have a organic sound 

• Like 3

Don’t know if this has been brought up, but I tend to think this forum, Reddit, and all the other comments made on any other social media platform provoked the official statement regarding the “Perhaps” vinyl delay.

Never in a million years would I have imagined GNR actually acknowledging such a folly… but I really think enough folks (myself included) were vocal about their frustrations, hence actually getting an explanation.

Maybe the same logic can be applied to getting TG’s clipping issue fixed… yes, the mix is not perfect, but the clipping really should be dealt with ASAP. 

Edited by GNRRHCP98

3 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

Can someone explain the "clipping" to me? I haven't noticed anything specifically bad as far as the mix goes other than the usual Frankenstein copy and pasting.

Put simple signals reaching maximum level in the mix where not set lower than absolute maximum digital level, resulting in undesired over saturation of frequencies and loss of audio information. The device basically runs out of 0's and 1's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Hopefully IF there is an album coming, all these things are fixed. It’s bizarre considering It’s Caram and Axl. You’d think they’d be pretty close to the quality that’s on Chinese just with Slash and Duff pasted on it 

Chinese has latency and compression glitches all over, barely noticeable but they are there, most prominently in Catcher and This I Love. The albums sounds good, but a perfect mix and master it is not.

3 hours ago, adamsapple said:

The device basically runs out of 0's and 1's.

Can think of worse things to run out of.

Take me for example, sitting here taking a shite while reading this post, turned to get some toilet paper and iv ran out of the bastard.  Now, whats a man to do?

Wipe my arse with a hand towel and get moan at from the mrs?

Pull my skants up and just say fuck it, its someone elses problem to clean them? 

Or do the trousers round the ankles walk through the hall to get some paper?  While rubbing shite between my arse cheeks?

Edited by scottish nutter

36 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Really? Can you tell me more about it? What was wrong and did they actually fixed everything?

I don't know if it was reissued because of the sound or just deluxe edition with 2 new extra tracks. But the album is super loud. Vocals are sometimes hard to understand and drums are compressed. Funny because the album was produced by their drummer Travis Barker. Maybe he's deaf! Lol. Still a fun and great comeback record with Tom. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tboneman said:

I don't know if it was reissued because of the sound or just deluxe edition with 2 new extra tracks. But the album is super loud. Vocals are sometimes hard to understand and drums are compressed. Funny because the album was produced by their drummer Travis Barker. Maybe he's deaf! Lol. Still a fun and great comeback record with Tom. 

The fixed a number of the tracks , definitely different mixes. head over to the subreddit, it's all there. Definitely easier sounding on the ears after I deleted + redownloaded from apple music. 

and yes, they also added 2 extra tracks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carlson-online said:

The fixed a number of the tracks , definitely different mixes. head over to the subreddit, it's all there. Definitely easier sounding on the ears after I deleted + redownloaded from apple music. 

Okay good to know. I have to check that new version out. I haven't listened that album that mutch because of the vocals and drums in the original version/mix. My ears could only take like 5 songs and then I had to stop lol.

1 hour ago, tboneman said:

And he’s an awesome drummer. I really like his input with several different artists. But that’s a huge oversight. 

1 hour ago, Carlson-online said:

Different mixes and mastering, I presume? It’s very interesting to know stuff like this. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Really? Can you tell me more about it? What was wrong and did they actually fixed everything?

3 hours ago, Carlson-online said:

Blink 182's new album was reissued a week after launch, with a load of mixing fixes....

Didn't know that, all that is bugging me with this record is how heavy they went for the Autotune. But a kick ass record nonetheless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Don’t know if this has been brought up, but I tend to think this forum, Reddit, and all the other comments made on any other social media platform provoked the official statement regarding the “Perhaps” vinyl delay.

Never in a million years would I have imagined GNR actually acknowledging such a folly… but I really think enough folks (myself included) were vocal about their frustrations, hence actually getting an explanation.

Maybe the same logic can be applied to getting TG’s clipping issue fixed… yes, the mix is not perfect, but the clipping really should be dealt with ASAP. 

People were cancelling preorders. That’s why they made a statement 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 4:56 AM, username said:

Fair point. In the end, it's Axl calling the shots and keeping the incompetent leeches employed. 

The bands management aren't involved in the creation of the music. There is no mention of the bands management listed in the song credits. 

The bands management team handels is business affairs. If you do some research the bands lists it's Artists and Repertoire representative. If you don't know what a A & R rep does, here is a general description. 

A&R is the division of a record label or music publishing company that is responsible for scouting and overseeing the artistic development of recording artists and songwriters.[1] It also acts as a liaison between artists and the record label or publishing company. Every activity involving artists to the point of album release is generally considered under the purview and responsibility of A&R. 

The current management of Guns N Roses have never listed themselves as anything other then handling the bands business affairs.

You should be directing your frustration towards the record label, who have signed off on the official release of the finnshed product.. The record label is collecting the financial benefits of the Generals release..not the band nor it's management. 

The band is making its money via touring, as is every other artist in today's music industry. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1