To GNR Camp - please fix The General digital release mix!!!

8 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Yes and people complained about it just like people are complaining about it now with gnr. 

People made it seem like this was an unprecedented level of incompetence, only achievable when Team Brazil really made an effort of fucking up. And then it turns out it isn't that uncommon. I heard it also "plagues" some of Tool's albums.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

People made it seem like this was an unprecedented level of incompetence, only achievable when Team Brazil really made an effort of fucking up. And then it turns out it isn't that uncommon. I heard it also "plagues" some of Tool's albums.

it's a trend that's been going on for years and for those who care, you can hear it in so many albums by many, many bands. 

not sure how relevant it is that this shit is going on outside of Gn'R if clipping issues is something that detracts from one's experience. 

can only speak for myself: it doesn't ruin the song cause I really like it, but I find it annoying cause technically it's not how it should be done imo. 

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not sure how relevant it is that this shit is going on outside of Gn'R if clipping issues is something that detracts from one's experience. 

It is of course not relevant to those who say the song sounds worse because of it. It is highly relevant to those who made it seem like it was an unprecedented level of incompetence. As I said.  

Just now, SoulMonster said:

It is of course not relevant to those who say the song sounds worse because of it. It is highly relevant to those who made it seem like it was an unprecedented level of incompetence. As I said.  

right, but just cause you don't hear it or don't care about it doesn't mean it's not there, and what is there is something you can define as a shit job/poor/a mistake. Something that should not be there. It's not an artistic choice, it's sloppy, but I get your point. It's not unprecedented level of incopetence, but it's still incompetence is what I think some of us are saying.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, timoteo said:

Ahhh the gaslighting continues!!!

Up earlier in this thread check out both my description of what to listen for as well as the timestamp I cited - the clipping is objectively there on the recording.  Hope this helps in terms of assisting in what to look for in hearing it

Edited by WhazUp

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Wait, wait, wait, hold up. Are you saying that Metallica released an album with clipping to a streaming services?

Yes.

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That they were on the same level of incompetency as GN'R? 

No. Metallica actually released an album!

2 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

You speak for…everyone? Not just yourself?

Are you suggesting that there are people here who, even though there is obvious clipping on these tracks, are making up the fact that they are hearing audible clipping on these tracks just to bitch about something?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Are you suggesting that there are people here who, even though there is obvious clipping on these tracks, are making up the fact that they are hearing audible clipping on these tracks just to bitch about something?

Hell yeah. How much time have you spent on forums as a GNR fan?! Bitching is the #1 reason to be here for some. I’m sure some are legit, and I’m sure some here are enjoying some sweet beautiful “herd mentality” as someone said earlier. It’s a pile on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Hell yeah. How much time have you spent on forums as a GNR fan?! Bitching is the #1 reason to be here for some. I’m sure some are legit, and I’m sure some here are enjoying some sweet beautiful “herd mentality” as someone said earlier. It’s a pile on. 

I think that while bitch crying about how Gn'R is not like other bands and they wished Gn'R was more like other bands, the clipping in The General is a fact. the choice of taking it too hard could be attributed to the bitch crying coping mechanism some of us know and tolerate.

it could have been better imo, but it is what it is could apply to most things Gn'R. I feel like this time it's a valid complaint (like other shit) but my issue with it is when it bothers you enough that you can't stop repeating how much it sucks. I see it as a waste of time, and just a loop cause you can't accept that some aspects of how Gn'R operate will probably never change.

On 12/19/2023 at 3:07 PM, Rindmelon said:

Some people hear it and others don't seem to, but those of us who hear it are not 'making it up for another reason to bitch'

I can hear it like a bomb going off in one bit, but can't really identify it anywhere else. It's not the end of the world, but i think coz this song is well over 20 years old and was recorded with sluff about 3-4 years ago AND it was delayed last minute for quality issues, you'd think they'd not have this sort of thing. 

8 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I get what you are saying, but to me I have seen no post that leads me to believe they are making up hearing the clipping Emporer's New Clothes style, just to have something to complain about.  The clipping is pretty prevalent as has the loudness wars in the music industry in general - and to me I am seeing more or less a reaction to that rather than it being merely hyperbolic complaining by those who hate everything about GNR nowadays

9 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

If I can hear clipping in my stock 1997 Ford Ranger stereo I'm sure others can as well.

While I am aware of clipping in a general sense and know it has been on ongoing issue for years, I typically do not immediately hear it unless someone points it out to me. That being said, the second the chorus kicked in during "The General" I immediately heard it; I thought something was wrong with my headphones for a second. I listened to it on Spotify, Tidal, and Amazon Music and heard it in all versions. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 8:57 AM, SoulMonster said:

This is an unprecedented level of incompetence for Guns N’ Roses. What happens in other bands is irrelevant. No other GNR studio track has been released with egregious and recurrent audio errors, not poor mixing choices but outright errors, and this one was. The only thing I’d agree with is that Team Brazil is not particularly at fault here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

While I am aware of clipping in a general sense and know it has been on ongoing issue for years, I typically do not immediately hear it unless someone points it out to me. That being said, the second the chorus kicked in during "The General" I immediately heard it; I thought something was wrong with my headphones for a second. I listened to it on Spotify, Tidal, and Amazon Music and heard it in all versions. 

Yeah, me joking around about it probably half the product of me being used to hearing complaints about pretty much anything and everything, and half me just not knowing what the hell anyone means haha. But if I can’t hear the issues the complaints are about, I probably don’t wanna go out of my way to start hearing them either! Song works for me, so, I’d rather just leave it that way. 

11 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Same....I just hope someday song gets fixed for album release or any other way so I can listen to it withot thoes annoying cracking sounds

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Flayer said:

This is an unprecedented level of incompetence for Guns N’ Roses. 

You really think so? A bad mix is worse than the 2002 tour cancellation failure? The inability to start the show early and prevent the Montreal riot? The inability to release CD2? Fernando's sexual harassment? 

• Haha 2

On 12/19/2023 at 10:57 PM, The Matinator said:

Asked this in the other thread but i feel like it might be better to check here: is the astering on the Perhaps CD the same as the digital releases or did they adjust anything?

They didn't adjust a thing. It's the same mastering. The volume difference between Perhaps and the General sounds really jarring when listening them back to back. Amateurish, really.

Edited by jekylhyde