To GNR Camp - please fix The General digital release mix!!!

Just now, BreakDown2014 said:

Well, Perhaps has the same issues and they didn't seem to care. Whoever worked on Perhaps and The General (and probably Monsters) mixing did an awful job.

No, Perhaps doesn't have any clipping and the mix is much better overall. Any GNR previous release doesn't have any digital clipping

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

GNR camp doesn't give a shit.

I'm pretty sure Axl didn't work on this song for years for it to be released in this kind of condition

• GNFNR 1

Just now, adamsapple said:

He clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore. Either that or plain sabotage from the label or someone in the "team".

You know, there's basement artists living on ramen and tap water doing better production than his coked up yes men selling him and his fans such piss as champagne. I can't believe he's actually paying money for such results and putting the Guns N' Roses name on it.

If this disaster of a release would have happened in a professional team heads would be rolling.

I'm pretty sure Axl cares more than we think. This is some fuck up from team

8 minutes ago, NormisX said:

I'm pretty sure Axl cares more than we think. This is some fuck up from team

I'm 100% sure he doesn't. He didnt spend long tinkering with these songs. maybe in 2001/2 he spent a lot of time trying every single vocal sound effect and background synth sound available on protools. But he didnt spend any time on mixing, mastering, re doing lyrics, vocals, changing melodies etc. everything we've heard recorded in 99 is almost identical but just worse mix in 2023. That's someone who doesn't care and re stumbled across these songs and just thought he'd chuck them out in the least caring way possible, every few years 1/2 at a time without any marketing budget. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

I'm 100% sure he doesn't. He didnt spend long tinkering with these songs. maybe in 2001/2 he spent a lot of time trying every single sound effect nad background synth sound available on protools. But he didnt spend any time on mixing, mastering, re doing lyrics, vocals, changing melodies etc. everything we've heard recorded in 99 is almost identical but just worse mix in 2023. That's someone who doesn't care and re stumbled across these songs and just thought he'd chuck them out in the least caring way possible, every few years 1/2 at a time without any marketing budget. 

Axl spent quite a while picking his preferred mix and master for Chinese Democracy. As flawed as that mix was at least you could listen to it and enjoy it. 

It's entirely possible he's over it and just doesn't care now, which is a shame. Don't really see another explanation, the mixes are glaringly bad and I assume he listened to them before they went out. Maybe he's just deaf. 

• Like 1

Between the clipping and the pixelated cover art, it should tell you the level of detail and care that went into this 

Seems like they don’t care, there’s little attention to detail and/or they’re too cheap. 

Maybe one day it gets fixed. However it certainly questions their ability to handle the live vault of material with this kind of track record. If that’s in their plans, it would be unfortunate if this is the level that’s acceptable 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

How does it sound on vinyl? Is there a rip floating around of both songs? Mine still hasn't shipped...

Someone mentioned that vinyl release has no clipping

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Between the clipping and the pixelated cover art, it should tell you the level of detail and care that went into this 

Seems like they don’t care, there’s little attention to detail and/or they’re too cheap. 

Maybe one day it gets fixed. However it certainly questions their ability to handle the live vault of material with this kind of track record. If that’s in their plans, it would be unfortunate if this is the level that’s acceptable 

Wait... so the vinyl version is clipping also?

3 minutes ago, NormisX said:

Someone mentioned that vinyl release has no clipping

Wait... so the vinyl version is clipping also?

No. If it’s this bad digitally that explains why they had to delay the vinyl. Even knowing that, they went ahead with the original master for digital. 

If there’s ever a live vault, this level of care is not a great sign 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

How does it sound on vinyl? Is there a rip floating around of both songs? Mine still hasn't shipped...

To me Perhaps sounds great. The General has clipping though.

I did order the CD though it doesn't dispatch until the 20th I think

Edited by Rindmelon

2 minutes ago, username said:

Clownband. 

For a band their size, the amateurism of their operation is absolutely shocking. From mixing quality to (very) low-res vinyl prints, from jukebox fuckups to vinyl delays, from shit communication to stupid release schedules, from the inability to make an album to the shitty merch.... this band is a joke.  

I would agree except i would say management instead of band. It's not for example Dizzy Reeds fault the artwork looks like something out of Minecraft. It comes down to incompetent management I think, & they are only there because of one person, and that ain't Slash duff Fortus Reece Dizzy or Frank. 

• Like 1