Slash's 'BLUES' album to be revealed on March 8th!

That‘s a new interview from Japan starting at about the 08:20 min mark. Haven’t been able to listen to it since I‘m at work right now, so I don’t know what it is like, but I assume we’ll get first information about the new record here.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That‘s a new interview from Japan starting at about the 08:20 min mark. Haven’t been able to listen to it since I‘m at work right now, so I don’t know what it is like, but I assume we’ll get first information about the new record here.

thanks for posting, nice interview. no new info about the new record though.

Well, I thought the single is going to be released on Friday but after reading properly it could mean only info about the new single on the 8th. 
How do you understand it? Single and info about the album on Friday or just info about the single?
This picture they are using is from the recording sessions they did some time ago. I think a music video is confirmed.

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I really hope this is good, his last two albums were middling at best

Can you imagine if the whole album is just songs like Ain't Life Grand, the title track? That would be an actual dream come true for me, I always loved that song. If that really happens this will probably skyrocket to my favourite Slash project ever.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Can you imagine if the whole album is just songs like Ain't Life Grand, the title track? That would be an actual dream come true for me, I always loved that song. If that really happens this will probably skyrocket to my favourite Slash project ever.

Not gonna happen #Lovato

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Not really following your logic here, Lady Gaga sang on a blues song on Rolling Stones new album aswell, what does it matter..?

Lady pop star makes classic rock man go grr

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Not really following your logic here, Lady Gaga sang on a blues song on Rolling Stones new album aswell, what does it matter..?

To be honest, I doesn’t know her other than for Slash‘s guest appearance on Sorry Not Sorry and I didn’t like her voice on that one. I surely wouldn’t be as sceptical about a Lady Gaga feature. Quite the opposite, I think she‘s very talented.

Having said that, hopefully Lovato is gonna surprise me and Slash is able to release a record full of bangers like the two you listed. I wouldn’t be mad about it :thumbsup:

On Slashfrance Instagram there’s some info on the album but in france. If I understood it correctly then it will be a record with 12 covers.
Confirmed musicians involved are Teddy ZigZag and Johnny Griparic, which let me think of Snakepit II. Something positive.

Also there’s some connection to Aerosmith and ACDC. 
That picture with Mike Clink and Steven Tyler comes to mind.

I couldn’t imagine this gonna be a album full of covers. That’s a bit disappointing imo. I’d like to hear self composed songs

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'd say that was more gospel

I find the idea of a cover album exciting. Slash has enough albums that he composes himself. Now if it was Axl coming with a cover album, THAT would be disappointing to me :lol:

I hope there's a few unexpected guests. Always nice to have some crossovers and Slash guests on so many things it must be easy for him to find people eager to sing or do a song with him.

• Like 2

Kind of disappointing, but I always wanted Slash's Blues Ball covers released at some point, the audio clips that are floating there on youtube are not that good quality.

Now it all depends on the personel. 

6 hours ago, Lio said:

I find the idea of a cover album exciting. Slash has enough albums that he composes himself. Now if it was Axl coming with a cover album, THAT would be disappointing to me :lol:

I hope there's a few unexpected guests. Always nice to have some crossovers and Slash guests on so many things it must be easy for him to find people eager to sing or do a song with him.

Yeah, I’m not too bothered by all this if it ends up being good. He has a lot of original music, maybe a blues cover album will inspire him a bit more for future original material