Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, nonok said:

Seems like some people on this forum are conveniently forgetting that Axl is 54 years old, has lived in a conservative family for the first 17 years of his life (meaning strict household duties etc) and didn't get rich and have maids and all TB-like people till the UYI period. What do you think he did back then, eat shit off the floor and drink his own piss (well, he probably did on a few occasions, but that's beside the point)? You seriously have nerve insinuating that the man has no idea how to go out, buy and cook his own food, as if he's some sort of cripple. He can have people do it for him, and he can also do it himself. He has that choice and probably mixes it up.

Anyway, I suggest getting off this topic, since this is a social media discussion post, not a "am I a better cook than Axl Rose" post.

You don't need to get hot about it. 

22 minutes ago, The Archer said:

We're entering into the "I don't get why or how Axl lives his life" territory now...

:wow:

His mysterious "Howard Hughes of rock" reputation is vanishing!

I miss the days were we read he only came out of his mansion to blast CD demos in an empty nightclub at 4 am, seems like just yesterday. 

This is the social media thread, so check Axl's Twitter. Some time ago he posted pictures of what appeared to be him cooking breakfast.

Also, I remember Beta saying in an interview once that she taught Axl to cook some dishes he likes.

So yeah, I think we can safely say he would be able to feed himself, should Team Brazil and all his money suddenly vanish.

Plus, we have seen pictures of Axl out and about shopping with Beta. He probably accompanies her on errands sometimes. And in the years where he was virtually gone fron from public life? He could definitely have gone shopping without much trouble. Hardly anyone would have recognized him then. Nowadays might be different, but I find it hard to believe that he would be completely helpless or completely removed from day-to-day tasks.

Just because someone's rich and famous doesn't mean they have to become completely dependent on other people. Duff often talks about enjoying cooking and grocery shopping and he could easily afford some servants to do that for him as well :lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nonok said:

Seems like some people on this forum are conveniently forgetting that Axl is 54 years old, has lived in a conservative family for the first 17 years of his life (meaning strict household duties etc) and didn't get rich and have maids and all TB-like people till the UYI period. What do you think he did back then, eat shit off the floor and drink his own piss (well, he probably did on a few occasions, but that's beside the point)? You seriously have nerve insinuating that the man has no idea how to go out, buy and cook his own food, as if he's some sort of cripple. He can have people do it for him, and he can also do it himself. He has that choice and probably mixes it up.

Anyway, I suggest getting off this topic, since this is a social media discussion post, not a "am I a better cook than Axl Rose" post.

Frigging crazy, isn't it. The celebrity worship thing is pretty weird. On one hand, Axl is a God who does no wrong. Then an hour later the same fans think that Axl isn't capable of using a debit card, going to a store, or wiping his own ass  because he is the creative type. It's hilarious. One guy even said he wouldn't be friends with somebody if they liked Beyoncé  can you even fathom that? Basing a friendship on whether or not the person likes or dislikes a singer?

And you are correct with the last comment. Back on topic now. 

Edited by Apollo

26 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

This is the social media thread, so check Axl's Twitter. Some time ago he posted pictures of what appeared to be him cooking breakfast.

Also, I remember Beta saying in an interview once that she taught Axl to cook some dishes he likes.

So yeah, I think we can safely say he would be able to feed himself, should Team Brazil and all his money suddenly vanish.

Plus, we have seen pictures of Axl out and about shopping with Beta. He probably accompanies her on errands sometimes. And in the years where he was virtually gone fron from public life? He could definitely have gone shopping without much trouble. Hardly anyone would have recognized him then. Nowadays might be different, but I find it hard to believe that he would be completely helpless or completely removed from day-to-day tasks.

Just because someone's rich and famous doesn't mean they have to become completely dependent on other people. Duff often talks about enjoying cooking and grocery shopping and he could easily afford some servants to do that for him as well :lol:

Especially living in California. People are use to seeing celebrities and don't act like fan boys because they see a singer buying a loaf of bread. They realize that celebs are just PEOPLE like everybody else. No better, no worse. Just because somebody is a good singer or actor doesn't mean they are a God. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I like cooking. I cook about three days per week. It is a hobby of mine. The travel would be nice but then many people travel without a Brazilian or a Jarmo crawling up their arse. I suppose I cannot fathom why someone would surround themselves with specimens like these - Del also.

At least Del was around as a friend from the beginning before they got signed, thats more tolerable to me than the Jarmos and Lebeises....and Del doesnt seem to try and hover around Axls every move so i give him some more credit.

On 5/10/2016 at 5:29 PM, itsprettytiedup said:

From Duff back in December 2010:

Yes, last week was pretty damn interesting if you were me. At long last, I had surgery to repair my torn and damaged sinuses left non-functional after a long-ago bout with the cocaine. From sometime in 1989 until about November 1993, I snorted perhaps my body weight in varying degrees of good, bad, and straight-up shitty blow. I don't recommend this to any of you young readers. I was NOT such a smart 20-something. Nope, just an ordinary drug-addict.

Continue here: http://www.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2010/12/the_10_things_on_my_list_thank.php

54 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

From Duff back in December 2010:

Yes, last week was pretty damn interesting if you were me. At long last, I had surgery to repair my torn and damaged sinuses left non-functional after a long-ago bout with the cocaine. From sometime in 1989 until about November 1993, I snorted perhaps my body weight in varying degrees of good, bad, and straight-up shitty blow. I don't recommend this to any of you young readers. I was NOT such a smart 20-something. Nope, just an ordinary drug-addict.

Continue here: http://www.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2010/12/the_10_things_on_my_list_thank.php

One very wise and useful PSA from Duff. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, tajandreas said:

Has anyone else heard this? Came across this gem today and for an EP this is pretty damn good. Raw Axl voice before he got into the serious rasp.

Old dude. Way old. Go buy it.

Edited by darknightfan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tajandreas said:

Has anyone else heard this? Came across this gem today and for an EP this is pretty damn good. Raw Axl voice before he got into the serious rasp.

Yeah, Kevin Lawrence, the guitarist/bandleader was posting here for a while a year or two ago when he finally put it out.

Sadly he has since passed away.

RIP Kevin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DR DOOM said:

Yeah, Kevin Lawrence, the guitarist/bandleader was posting here for a while a year or two ago when he finally put it out.

Sadly he has since passed away.

RIP Kevin.

I didn't know he passed away. I had heard his brother passed away

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 11:54 PM, Mendez said:

Didn't Duff & Slash relapse during the 2007 VR tour?

I have heard rumors of Slash relapsing like a couple years at most ago. I haven't heard anything about Duff.