Ron about GN'R... this confirms that they r not working on an album or anything..

NachoLZ

Hey BBF, what happened with recording the next album being the "band's" top priority after touring?

I've said in a dozen interviews that the plan was to get together with Tommy, Frank & write. Said in the chat it hasn't happened, family & health stuff needed to be my priority, and told what those personal things were. Said what I'd like to see happen, but that's all I got for ya. Sorry.

:rolleyes:

Didn't several of them say that there was 1 or 2 albums already recorded from the CD sessions?

So, instead of him saying that 3 of them failed to meet because of health issues, how about being specific on what HAS been accomplished thus far?

No secret that there's lots more music Chi Dem era music laid down....

I can't speak for anyone but myself - again, sorry. :P

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow since bumble on the thread just had to chime in and say i finally lived my dream of seeing gnr live in december of 2011 in nashville. the band was perfect and ron knowing that you were in pain with each step you took and every time you held a guitar you were fucking outstanding!

How did you end up jamming with Fozzy a few years back? Fucking love that band

Known those guys for a while, Chris Jericho, Rich Ward... great fkn dudes :) Lent Rich some of my guitars, he tracked some of the new Fozzy album with em, very cool :D

Got to see Fozzy a few weeks back, Rich and Chris killed it live. Their past two albums have been some killer stuff. It's ironic you mention lending Rich guitars because the first thing I noticed on Sin & Bones was that his sound was...revamped. What'd you hook him up with?

Music geek question coming :D

How much theory do you apply to the music you write or use to analyze the stuff you write? Meaning how much do you utilize all the shit that schools teach in theory classes versus using your ear and not worrying about identifying each and every little nuance, because rock music isn't the most complex in terms of applying theory (unless you are in Dream Theater or something lol)

Music theory explains why certain things react the way they do, but it's all about the *ears*. Do what sounds good, what moves you, forget what you know until after the fact......... :)

the guy who could answer all the interesting questions is a coward and will never show up here again. don't waste your time with ron. he's a cool guy but he's as clueless as we are. bobbo and bba asked the interesting questions and if we were talking to a member of a "normal" band we would have those answers by now. call it trolling if it makes you happy but people are starving for news.

I'm real glad Ron can handle his own with the cupcakes.

Seriously, some of you are just some pricks. I want new shit as much as the next fan, but I'm not going to bug Bumble about it because I know he doesn't have anything to say about it. Same goes for most Gn'R related questions. I'd rather ask Bumble, or any of them for that matter, what their favorite soda and TV show is rather than asking when Oh My God is going to be played next.

Oh what the fuck ever, seriously. Everyday, every damn day, we go back and forth about certain concepts any other band would find simple to answer. Why the Better video get scrapped? Is Blood in the Water real? Is Better Gone real? What's the gameplan for future material? Why is that so "hard hitting" for a "band member" to answer about the "band" he's in? We get a rare opportunity to ask these questions, and instead we get 15 brain farts about if Bumble saw the Breaking Bad finale or not. :blink: SERIOUSLY?

And then we get the mods spewing the shit for months that they would never throw one of their own members under the bus to benefit the relationship with the "band" and it's "members", and yet how many "fuck offs" did I get from you and High because I wanted the questions everybody on this forum wanted answered? Seriously, glad to know where your priorities lie.

Whatever, continue your damage control Bumble. Enjoy.

Bumble answered all of those questions.

You can only ask so many Gn'R questions that he can specifically answer before you run out or they get stale. It's obvious that the only man with ALL of the answers is Axl, and he isn't here right now, is he? Seriously, Bumble answered most of the Gn'R questions asked, and the ones he didn't were the ones he fucking can't. What's Gn'R's future? No one really fucking knows or can determine that besides Axl. Bumble told us what he wants, but he can't make that a reality.

Also, you got "fuck offs" because you were asking prickish questions in a prickish manner.

Oh what the fuck ever, seriously. Everyday, every damn day, we go back and forth about certain concepts any other band would find simple to answer. Why the Better video get scrapped? Is Blood in the Water real? Is Better Gone real? What's the gameplan for future material? Why is that so "hard hitting" for a "band member" to answer about the "band" he's in? We get a rare opportunity to ask these questions, and instead we get 15 brain farts about if Bumble saw the Breaking Bad finale or not. :blink: SERIOUSLY?

Ron can't answer those questions. This isn't a band in the classical sense. Axl employs these guys and calls all the shots. And he is the only one that can answer the questions people have about when the next album will be released and what will be on it.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Music geek question coming :D

How much theory do you apply to the music you write or use to analyze the stuff you write? Meaning how much do you utilize all the shit that schools teach in theory classes versus using your ear and not worrying about identifying each and every little nuance, because rock music isn't the most complex in terms of applying theory (unless you are in Dream Theater or something lol)

Music theory explains why certain things react the way they do, but it's all about the *ears*. Do what sounds good, what moves you, forget what you know until after the fact......... :)

Thanks for the response! :)

Hey, Ron! Just wanted to say thanks again for Detroit! That was the best show and one of the best nights of my life :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you seem to be doing better and hope you had a good birthday.

And a lot of you are totally ungrateful assholes.

Edited by ZoSoRose

What do you like most with Guthrie Govan? the Erotic Cakes album or his work with The Aristocrats? :)

I kinda dig Cakes.... :D

wow since bumble on the thread just had to chime in and say i finally lived my dream of seeing gnr live in december of 2011 in nashville. the band was perfect and ron knowing that you were in pain with each step you took and every time you held a guitar you were fucking outstanding!

Appreciate it, thanks a lot :)

Got to see Fozzy a few weeks back, Rich and Chris killed it live. Their past two albums have been some killer stuff. It's ironic you mention lending Rich guitars because the first thing I noticed on Sin & Bones was that his sound was...revamped. What'd you hook him up with?

Lent him the Bfoot sig model & a 2nd one, I don't remember if it was a fretless or a single cutaway.....

Hey Bumble, thanks for taking the time to chat with the fans, its awesome. I was just wondering if we can expect anything different or special for the vegas shows or if they will be similar to the last tour. Thanks again for chatting and being a kick ass guitarist.

Thank *you* :) Let's just wait and see what comes together before I speak about it - will see when we're all together and shootin' ideas... :)

Hey, Ron! Just wanted to say thanks again for Detroit! That was the best show and one of the best nights of my life :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you seem to be doing better and hope you had a good birthday.

Thanks so much!! :D

OK all, getting to bed, have a great night :) Chat soon, see ya's soon :)

Edited by Bumblefoot