Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

So because it's a good rocker you think Izzy is behind it? Haha you guys really have faith on NuGNR.

naw, i do have faith... reason i think izzy had something to do with it is because of his latest interview (if you wanna call it that) which was never comfirmed to be a fake... he said he wrote stuff with axl, then we get the most oldschool sounding gnr track since the illusions... too much of a coincidence for me... im sure tommy had a part in writting this too... he probably worte the bass line and he probably co-wrote the lyrics with axl... im going with izzy for the guitar though... just my opinion, could be wrong

Confirmed fake on HTDgTH and Msl

Really good song! And I still can't believe that I'm actually listening to a new Guns N' Rose song.

Given the current rock scenario on the industry, I think it's safe to assume that, from what we've heard, this song has a hit potential.

And I can't believe this has been on the setlist since Rock in Rio and instead Tommy sings Motivation!

People-sleeping-in-theatr-007.jpg

Really good song! And I still can't believe that I'm actually listening to a new Guns N' Rose song.

Given the current rock scenario on the industry, I think it's safe to assume that, from what we've heard, this song has a hit potential.

And I can't believe this has been on the setlist since Rock in Rio and instead Tommy sings Motivation!

Come on. No need to be an asshole to someone who has a different opinion than you.

I like how the song manages to blend some of the best Skynrd, GNR, Izzy Stradlin, Soul Asylum, Wilco, Replacements styles and a Jane's Addiction-esque solo into one piece.

I wonder how much Fortus is on this? Has a lot of his tone and style.

This song grows on me. I like the lyrics, from what I can hear.

Sounds like CITR chords at the end of the chorus.

Edited by Eu4ic

This song has zero hit potential. I can't believe what I am reading on here today. As if this generic Tommy Stinson song is better than Better, TWAT or ITW.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Come on. No need to be an asshole to someone who has a different opinion than you.

People post pics like that all the time.

You have to admit, the original poster is going a bit overboard. Freaking out and calling this a "GnR" song and saying it would be a hit if released? There is no way in the world that this song would be a "hit." This is the 14 years or So Fine version from the new band.

Hearing a "new" song from "GnR" that doesn't have Axl on lead vocals...........this is like your GF coming over to have sex with you for the first time and she ends up just giving you a hug and kiss on the cheek.

These songs are cool to hear.

But they are remixes and remakes of songs we've already heard and a song that doesn't have Axl on vocals.

Wouldn't you be a million times more excited to hear an actual new GnR song with Axl on vocals that you haven't heard before?

People post pics like that all the time.

You have to admit, the original poster is going a bit overboard. Freaking out and calling this a "GnR" song and saying it would be a hit if released? There is no way in the world that this song would be a "hit." This is the 14 years or So Fine version from the new band.

Hearing a "new" song from "GnR" that doesn't have Axl on lead vocals...........this is like your GF coming over to have sex with you for the first time and she ends up just giving you a hug and kiss on the cheek.

Nah, the OP is just really excited. The "freak out" is just them being excited. If they feel it'll be a hit, let em think that I think. Stranger songs have been hits.

So because it's a good rocker you think Izzy is behind it? Haha you guys really have faith on NuGNR.

naw, i do have faith... reason i think izzy had something to do with it is because of his latest interview (if you wanna call it that) which was never comfirmed to be a fake... he said he wrote stuff with axl, then we get the most oldschool sounding gnr track since the illusions... too much of a coincidence for me... im sure tommy had a part in writting this too... he probably worte the bass line and he probably co-wrote the lyrics with axl... im going with izzy for the guitar though... just my opinion, could be wrong

I've read somewhere that "Izzy's Army" confirmed that the interview is fake.

Any lyrics transcribed yet?

Sick of everything you do... rock3

Goin' Down has more radio appeal than most of CD, except Better and maybe SOD/ITW

They aren't going to play a Tommy Stinson track on the radio.

Didn't say they would ;) Just sayin' it's got a more radio friendly, chill vibe to it than most of CD. And honestly, could you not hear them playing this on The Zone? :P

I'm assuming the whole band wrote it.

I think it could be a radio hit. It's simple, catchy, and a straight forward rocker. It has a feeling that CD lacked on most songs.... It feels like it's a band whereas CD went through so many different musicians and writers it sounds jumbled together.

I'm assuming the whole band wrote it.

I think it could be a radio hit. It's simple, catchy, and a straight forward rocker. It has a feeling that CD lacked on most songs.... It feels like it's a band whereas CD went through so many different musicians and writers it sounds jumbled together.

It does sound like the whole band is actually in the same room playing for most of the song...