Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

A site called ccmusic.com is having a HUGE vinyl sale that's pretty bad ass. They already have pretty cheap prices in the first place, then their current sale gives you another 25% if your order is over $50. I pulled the trigger on some stuff I've wanted but didn't wanna pay over $30 for. Placed my order on Sunday night and got my shipping notice last night.

If you guys have any interest, head to the url above and use the code OCT1425 at check out.

Had a great mail day as the following was all delivered:

TMR Vault 21

U2 - Vertigo 7"

Pearl Jam - Live In Melbourne 1998

Wow you just got VP-21? I feel like i've had it for ages now. Too bad they can't find a way to speed up the whole process. What are you thoughts on it?

TMR Vault 21

U2 - Vertigo 7"

Wow you just got VP-21? I feel like i've had it for ages now. Too bad they can't find a way to speed up the whole process. What are you thoughts on it?

I've only listened to the first LP in the set so far, but I thought the show was awesome. I'm going to be out of town the rest of the week so I won't get to the 7" or the other LP til next week. The flag is HUGE, way bigger than I assumed for some reason. I need to figure out where I'm going to hang that thing.

TMR Vault 21

U2 - Vertigo 7"

I've only listened to the first LP in the set so far, but I thought the show was awesome. I'm going to be out of town the rest of the week so I won't get to the 7" or the other LP til next week. The flag is HUGE, way bigger than I assumed for some reason. I need to figure out where I'm going to hang that thing.

Both LPs are great and the DW tracks are good as well. I didn't even take the flag out of the wrapping yet and am willing to part with it. I just ordered VP-22 a few minutes ago! Really looking forward to that one!

• Like 1

A site called ccmusic.com is having a HUGE vinyl sale that's pretty bad ass. They already have pretty cheap prices in the first place, then their current sale gives you another 25% if your order is over $50. I pulled the trigger on some stuff I've wanted but didn't wanna pay over $30 for. Placed my order on Sunday night and got my shipping notice last night.

If you guys have any interest, head to the url above and use the code OCT1425 at check out.

I'm out of town right now, but my wife says all my LPs were delivered in perfect condition yesterday. If you guys haven't looked into this sale yet, you really should. I believe it ends today.

I'm out of town right now, but my wife says all my LPs were delivered in perfect condition yesterday. If you guys haven't looked into this sale yet, you really should. I believe it ends today.

Purchased random access memories

Does anyone have the HOTH vinyl that just came out? I'm thinking about getting the super deluxe edition of it

My buddy bought the 1LP version and LOVES it. There was a manufacturing problem with the 2LP editions so they're just now shipping. The 2LP is the version that's in the Super Deluxe version so as a result, those are just now shipping as well. I should be getting my 2LP version some time this weekend and I can tell you more after I hear it for myself.

Does anyone have the HOTH vinyl that just came out? I'm thinking about getting the super deluxe edition of it

My buddy bought the 1LP version and LOVES it. There was a manufacturing problem with the 2LP editions so they're just now shipping. The 2LP is the version that's in the Super Deluxe version so as a result, those are just now shipping as well. I should be getting my 2LP version some time this weekend and I can tell you more after I hear it for myself.

Cool, please let me know what you think of both of them. I have an original pressing of Houses Of The Holy, but that is my absolute favorite Led Zeppelin album, so if the sound is great on the album and the second LP is great as well, I won't feel bad for splurging on the super deluxe for myself. Do you have any of the other recent Zeppelin reissues? I've never owned IV on vinyl, so I may pick up the one LP. Same with III.

Cool, please let me know what you think of both of them. I have an original pressing of Houses Of The Holy, but that is my absolute favorite Led Zeppelin album, so if the sound is great on the album and the second LP is great as well, I won't feel bad for splurging on the super deluxe for myself. Do you have any of the other recent Zeppelin reissues? I've never owned IV on vinyl, so I may pick up the one LP. Same with III.

From the recent reissues I have the 3LP version of I, then the 2LP versions of II-IV and I'll have Houses very soon. The first LP on all of them sound INCREDIBLE in my opinion. Each of them are far more clear then I've ever heard them before. The 2nd LP on each is very subjective though. There's really not that much difference in the final versions of the "demo-ish" versions on the 2nd LPs.

• Like 1

From the recent reissues I have the 3LP version of I, then the 2LP versions of II-IV and I'll have Houses very soon. The first LP on all of them sound INCREDIBLE in my opinion. Each of them are far more clear then I've ever heard them before. The 2nd LP on each is very subjective though. There's really not that much difference in the final versions of the "demo-ish" versions on the 2nd LPs.

Well if the first LPs have the RussTCB seal of approval I'll pick up the single LP of IV and III. I'm not as big on those records, so the demos don't really interest me as much, but I am interested in the album itself. I've been drooling over that HOTH super deluxe box set though, it looks absolutely amazing. I'd love it if all my favorite bands did something like this

Well if the first LPs have the RussTCB seal of approval I'll pick up the single LP of IV and III. I'm not as big on those records, so the demos don't really interest me as much, but I am interested in the album itself. I've been drooling over that HOTH super deluxe box set though, it looks absolutely amazing. I'd love it if all my favorite bands did something like this

If you're going that route, I HIGHLY encourage that you go through that ccmusic site I told you about previously. If you put those 2 in your cart along with the Super Deluxe Houses, and add the OCT1425 promo code, you'll end up here:

233ew0.png

So that's $127.89 for all 3 including shipping as opposed to around $170 normally.

You'll get III & IV in about 2 days with standard shipping, then you'll get the Super Deluxe Houses as soon as it's available. They only charge once for shipping even when they have to do multiple shipments, and the only charge the card as each item ships. So if you put the order through now, you won't be charged for the Super Deluxe ($80) portion until it ships.

• Like 1

If you're going that route, I HIGHLY encourage that you go through that ccmusic site I told you about previously. If you put those 2 in your cart along with the Super Deluxe Houses, and add the OCT1425 promo code, you'll end up here:

233ew0.png

So that's $127.89 for all 3 including shipping as opposed to around $170 normally.

You'll get III & IV in about 2 days with standard shipping, then you'll get the Super Deluxe Houses as soon as it's available. They only charge once for shipping even when they have to do multiple shipments, and the only charge the card as each item ships. So if you put the order through now, you won't be charged for the Super Deluxe ($80) portion until it ships.

You just saved me twenty bucks on the HOTH super deluxe! Thanks dude :headbang:
  • Like 1

What's the defect?

It's hard to describe, but it's a warp of sorts. Not of the whole side but only in tracks 2 & 3. It's very odd and something I've never seen before.

Side note-

I got the Houses LP today and it sounds bad ass. It was like hearing No Quarter for the first time.

Russ what's on your vinyl wishlist?

Here's everything left on it as of now:

The Beatles-Let It Be Naked

David Bowie-Santa Monica '72

The Black Crowes-Shake, Southern & Amorica re-issues

By Your Side

Lions

Cardigans-Lovefool 7"

Hole-Gold Dust Woman 7"

Live Through This

INXS-Live Baby Live

Kill Bill-Volume 1 & 2

Last Action Hero-Soundtrack

Annie Lennox-Diva

Motley Crue-S/T (94)

Oasis-Be Here Now

Page/Plant-No Quarter/Unledded

U2-Vertigo 7"

Van Halen-Balance

Some of these are easy to get or I'm just waiting for them to be re-released. Others are just way harder to find in the US so it's a matter of paying to get it from overseas. Some like By Your Side and Lions by the Crowes as well as Live Through This by Hole are just outrageously priced every time I look for them.

Let It Be Naked is on sale here http://www.deepdiscount.com/google-shopping/724359543802?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=productSearch&gclid=CjwKEAiAnLGjBRCk_I-y_4iAmB0SJADGjWWzyQujjGWgsBoalerXAZyN0diwDk-l2_q78VEzmAqfnxoCptvw_wcB for $28.19