Legendary artists/bands who have never appealed to you.

Towelie

anything lou reed

This.

Lou Reed sucks. I hate saying that because the dude just died, but c'mon...

Perfect Day is a great song. That's basically all I know about Lou Reed.

I know "Walk On the Wild Side" and I've heard a few Velvet Underground songs, and it's just junk as far as I'm concerned. He's hailed as like this great junkie genius, and I just don't get it. Maybe you'd have to be part of that scene to "get it."

I started listening to Springsteen this year, his stuff is brilliant, I thought he was a kinda boring 'i'm not missing anything' guy for a while out of sheer ignorance and assumption for as long as I've heard his name and 3 songs, then I listened to those songs properly and the albums around them and thought shit this guy's legit.

Rush just doesn't click with me. They have a huge catalog, and so many people gush over them, but I just don't get it. The small amount of stuff I have heard was rubbish (imo), and don't want to have to wade through it all to find any "good stuff".

Pink Floyd as well, though I could see it being ok if you were well and truly stoned as a maggot.

anything lou reed

This.

Lou Reed sucks. I hate saying that because the dude just died, but c'mon...

Perfect Day is a great song. That's basically all I know about Lou Reed.

I know "Walk On the Wild Side" and I've heard a few Velvet Underground songs, and it's just junk as far as I'm concerned. He's hailed as like this great junkie genius, and I just don't get it. Maybe you'd have to be part of that scene to "get it."

*note to self* Kill Mccoy

You know nothing, you hear me?!? NOTHING! :lol:

Frank Zappa

Iron Maiden

Joy Division

The Beach Boys

Bob Seger

Pearl Jam (if they're even considered "legendary")

Bruce Springsteen

The Sex Pistols

U2, obviously

The Smiths

Tupac

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

I'm deeply in love with 5 of those...possibly 6, not sure whether the Chilli's quite make it.

Rush just doesn't click with me. They have a huge catalog, and so many people gush over them, but I just don't get it. The small amount of stuff I have heard was rubbish (imo), and don't want to have to wade through it all to find any "good stuff".

Pink Floyd as well, though I could see it being ok if you were well and truly stoned as a maggot.

Honestly, if you don't like some Rush, you probably won't like most Rush. They're very much an "all or nothing" band - you either love everything or hate everything.

• Like 1

* The Boss. My mother is a huge fan and I'm really familiar with the majority of his albums but he's really not my cup of tea. I love a few songs though.

* Iron Maiden. They have some killer (hehe) songs but I've never got into them, nor bought any of their albums (heard a lot though)

* Megadeth. No disrespect, but major pass.

* Pearl Jam, Nirvana, AIC

* The Eagles.

The Who

You're dead to me.

You're not the first person to express that opinion over The Who. They're just not my bag for some reason. I've never dug anything I've heard by them.

I once passed out and slept all the way through a Who gig. :lol:
  • Like 1

Aerosmith - though I'm not sure if I consider them legendary. Steven Tyler himself is, but does anyone really give a shit about Joe Perry? They define "aunt music".

Led Zeppelin - I like about an album's worth of their songs. Their fans are repugnant.

Bob Dylan - granted I've just never given him a chance. Pretty sure I'd like it.

Eric Clapton - 50 years and only one good song. (plus the WMGGW solo)

Brian Johnson-era AC/DC - All the same song.

Prince - Been meaning to try and get into his stuff.

Pink Floyd - Dudebrorock shit. They have about 5 good songs.

U2 - I honestly only like their Christmas song and one or two of their 80s songs.

Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc. - Booooring.

All Nobody puts baby in a corner (Crüe, Poison, Warrant, Cinderella, White Snake, etc.) - only one I still even slightly enjoy is Skid Row.

Edited by bacardimayne

The Who

You're dead to me.

You're not the first person to express that opinion over The Who. They're just not my bag for some reason. I've never dug anything I've heard by them.

Not a fuckin' Moonie one i bet you wouldn't've :D
Well considering he died nine months before I was born ............

Hang on!!!!!!!! 9 months ........... before .......I .........

Daddy!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

The Who

You're dead to me.

Not a fuckin' Moonie one i bet you wouldn't've :D
Well considering he died nine months before I was born ............

Hang on!!!!!!!! 9 months ........... before .......I .........

Daddy!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

It's all coming together man, the mindless dedication to drinking, the suggestible nature, the little wound baby chewub like face, awwww awwwwwww :lol: Tell me, how prone to getting your todger out whilst inebriated are you? :lol:

Aerosmith - though I'm not sure if I consider them legendary. Steven Tyler himself is, but does anyone really give a shit about Joe Perry? They define "aunt music".

Led Zeppelin - I like about an album's worth of their songs. Their fans are repugnant.

Bob Dylan - granted I've just never given him a chance. Pretty sure I'd like it.

Eric Clapton - 50 years and only one good song. (plus the WMGGW solo)

Brian Johnson-era AC/DC - All the same song.

Prince - Been meaning to try and get into his stuff.

Pink Floyd - Dudebrorock shit. They have about 5 good songs.

U2 - I honestly only like their Christmas song and one or two of their 80s songs.

Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc. - Booooring.

All Nobody puts baby in a corner (Crüe, Poison, Warrant, Cinderella, White Snake, etc.) - only one I still even slightly enjoy is Skid Row.

So you're implying that Poison, Warrant, Cinderella, and Whitesnake are legendary bands? :popcorn:
  • Like 1