Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Ahhh, promotional video for NJPW's Wrestle Kingdom 10.

I'll be sure to stay up late in the wee mornings of January 4th to watch this. I would guarantee that I would not do the same for the WWE if they do an event where I have to stay up at 2 AM to watch it.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 1

We keep talking about RAW ratings. But is anybody still watching Smackdown? Like...at all? With the brand separation at least it was trying to be important. But right now I barely even remembered it for months. Nothing important happens there story-wise. It's basically in the same category as Superstars. Basically, for months nothing on WWE programming has suggested that Smackdown is even remotely important anymore.

The two main shows used to be RAW and Smackdown, but it seems like that changed to RAW and NXT. RAW still being the flagship and NXT being where you go when you actually want to see decent booking and great matches. Even the takeover specials etc clearly show that Smackdown is a c-show at best now.

We keep talking about RAW ratings. But is anybody still watching Smackdown? Like...at all? With the brand separation at least it was trying to be important. But right now I barely even remembered it for months. Nothing important happens there story-wise. It's basically in the same category as Superstars. Basically, for months nothing on WWE programming has suggested that Smackdown is even remotely important anymore.

The two main shows used to be RAW and Smackdown, but it seems like that changed to RAW and NXT. RAW still being the flagship and NXT being where you go when you actually want to see decent booking and great matches. Even the takeover specials etc clearly show that Smackdown is a c-show at best now.

Ross ranted on that on this week's podcast. Especially with them moving to USA next year, he feels they need to start writing shit on Mondays and actually follow up with them on smackdown if they want it to matter again. Gotta agree with that.

Worst idea would be for NXT to leave the network and go to cable to try and replace smackdown. NXT would just become what smackdown is today. Can't believe I actually read arguments online of people suggesting that happen.

Was checking my nearest Arena for upcoming events recently and seen the next WWE Tour here in April. The main advertising was "featuring Sheamus and Demon Kane".

Haha. Won tickets for Winnipeg's house show next month and they're advertising ambrose, half the Wyatt's, ryback and Seth Rollins. Maybe the radio station will out the ticket face value on them so I can try and make a quick buck off them.

When even reading the Raw TV reports from sites is too long and boring, you know this the worst era you could be a WWE fan in.

I just read that:

- Sheamus and The New Day celebrate Sheamus' win

- Rusev and Lana on MizTV where Lana and Ryback argue whether she went "all the way" with Ziggler

- More trying to "Daniel Bryan" Roman Reigns by having the Authority do silly shit

- They're trying to make Charlotte the new dirtiest player in the game and Flair her up

- New suckfest faction of Sheamus, Del Rio, Wade Barrett and Rusev. So... we have The Un-American Heels huh?

Vince is such a visionary. :wub:

At least having the Wyatt Family feud with Dreamer and the Dudley's might give them an eventual win for a change..

I like Steen's work, but I still want to hold out for that Lesnar/Bryan match that'll never happen :P.

Wrestlemania 32 them trying to set the record attendance (which is not a guarantee), it just doesn't make much sense to me for them to do Lesnar/Owens. Lesnar is their biggest draw, he should be put in one of the biggest matches. I'd still like to see the match, it's just a little out off left-field to me.

If the recent changes about to the card about Lesnar/Owens and HHH/Reigns are legit, then what would be the title match? No way Reigns would be defending the title against HHH (too cynical even for the IWC) and how on earth would Sheamus survive with these ratings to Mania with the title?