Is there an artist that you absolutely hate.....except for ONE song?

Apollo

I can't stand David Bowie - pretty much hate everything he's ever done. I'd rather drink a glass of my own urine than spend an afternoon listening to his entire collection.

But there is one song that I absolutely love. It sits firmly in my list of my 25 favorite songs of all time.

Do you guys have an artist/band that you just cannot stand.......but they put out one song that you love?

This is sort of a funny version of it.

Stir anything maybe?

Maybe this will help:

Edited by Rovim

To be fair I always quite liked this song by Boy George, which is so faggy it makes Karma Chameleon sound like Welcome To The Jungle.

I think great songs, generally, when you strip em down to just some bloke on a guitar playing em you kinda see something in their stripped down form that, when you go back to the original, you kinda see the qualities that the stripping down illuminated for you. A similar thing happened to me with this when i saw this reallly haphazard video of Pete Doherty playing it and it kinda just struck me what a brilliant pop song it was.

It's testament also to the quality of a good song that when the basic structure, the basics of the song are really strong it lends the song a quality to where it can be interpreted in a bajillion different ways but it's qualities still shine through. Or sometimes an original version of a song might be a bit haphazard but then you see someone cover it and it kinda illuminates the strength of the original article.

Like for instance Dylan Watchtower to Hendrixes, or like you see The Beatles Day Tripper (not that thats at all haphazard) and then listen to Otis Reddings rendition of it and the song (and a lot more of The Beatles output) makes perfect sense to you. People tend to miss the fact that, throughout the 60s, The Beatles were really into like Motown, Marvin Gaye etc etc and when understood in that context it kinda makes sense to you what they were doing with all those ballads and love songs and catchy pop ditties.

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8t1RWKCvqQ

I might get a lot of shit for this but I don't care. Have really tried my best to "get" Jimi Hendrix, but it just feels dated to me. Can't say I hate him, but I don't really like his songs (except for the one above).

Shit, man. Shit. A lot of it.

Castles Made Of Sand? Little Wing? Voodoo Child? Manic Depression? Machine Gun? fuck. Dated? it's timeless. Spanish Castle Magic? The Wind Cries Mary? Nothing? wow. And Purple Haze.

Edited by Rovim

Hate is a strong word, Third Stone is just a nice, trippy song I could listen while I bathe in the sun in the summer with my eyes closed and my mind wanders off to distant imaginary lands. The rest doesn't do anything for me although I must admit that I haven't listened to Hendrix that often YET to really understand his discography. Will probably try to give the songs Rovim named another spin tomorrow.

I'm not a fan of the Bee Gees by any stretch of the imagination, but You Win Again is a fucking tune.

Dude 60's Bee Gees are the king. When they went all disco and Barry lost his bollocks is where they can get fucked though.

30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill

Agree on that too. Don't forget the video as well.
  • Like 2