Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig Cast in New Ghostbusters

Dazey

Even if you put 4 dudes in place of these women, this film still wouldn't look very good. But having said that, the acting (based on the trailer) from McCarthy, black chick, and the blonde chick all looks pretty bad IMO. Wiig will probably be decent enough, but I don't think she is capable of saving it. I agree with Wagzilla, I like her in indie dramas and what not, but I've never once laughed at anything she has ever said or done. I honestly thought bridesmaids was highly overrated, even before I heard about this movie. I just didn't think it was anywhere as funny as what everyone else said. My wife did seem to like it though, it just must connect with women more.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

lol even worse than what i expected. i have no problem with women replacing male actors. i have a problem with unfunny and untalented actors replacing guys like Bill Murray. wonder if critics will praise it anyway because of badasses women.

32 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

I like the effort into dodging racial stereotypes.

Black actress: "You guys are really smart about this science stuff, but I know New York." Okay, so she's intellectually challenged and VERY URBAN. Let's not forget that the car, from her uncle, IS A CADILLAC.

I cringed a little at that line.

• Like 3

They don't get it by the looks of this trailer. They went full retard instead of keeping a balance of humor and seriousness / sligtly scary like the original did.

It doesn't have anything to do with them being women...It has everything to do with the movie trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. It tries way too hard to be goofy instead of being tongue in cheek...

• Like 2

For most Ghostbusters fans the video game put out on xbox and PS3 was the true sequel, with everyone reprising their roles and I had a great time revisiting the GB universe through that game.

If you're still waiting for a Ghostbusters movie sequel after all this time with most of the cast either way too old or dead, maybe it's time to loosen the straight jacket and let reality sink in.

This movie is obviously for the next generation and I do like the fact that like the original, they got people from SNL in the cast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2016 at 11:30 PM, J Dog said:

Damn, they're saying it's the most disliked movie trailer in the history of youtube.

The funny thing is I've heard a ton of excuses on why this is the case, but none of them are maybe the film just looks like Shit. I've heard "all the hate is by sexists, people are making fake accounts in order to dislike the video, etc". I'm sorry but a trailer doesn't get this much hate based only on those factors, not if it actually looked good.

Just now, Iron MikeyJ said:

The funny thing is I've heard a ton of excuses on why this is the case, but none of them are maybe the film just looks like Shit. I've heard "all the hate is by sexists, people are making fake accounts in order to dislike the video, etc". I'm sorry but a trailer doesn't get this much hate based only on those factors, not if it actually looked good.

Yeah, I don't see anything sexist about the hate. It just looks bad and none of it was really funny. Go back a page and look at the movie posters. At first I honest to goodness thought they were some like, photoshop stuff that someone made to take shots at the movie. Then I figured out they are the legit movie posters. They're terrible. So not only does everything about the film look bad, it shits on a classic film at the same time. Of course it's gonna get a ton of thumbs down.

Just now, Len B'stard said:

a remake of Beaches with Sly Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steven Seagal and Van Damme replacing Bette Midler and all them other hoes 

I don't know cuz, I think I'd like to see that :lol:

• Like 3