SLASH Shoots Down Claim His Relationship With AXL ROSE Was Torn Over MICHAEL JACKSON Collaboration

Slash has shot down as false a former GUNS N' ROSES manager's claim that an argument over the guitarist's collaboration with Michael Jackson is ultimately what fractured the relationship the ex-GN'R axeman and the band's lead singer Axl Rose.

In a recent interview with the Brazilian edition of Rolling Stone magazine, Doug Goldstein who managed GUNS N' ROSES from 1991 to 2008 said: "In 1991, we were on the road, and Slash went to my office and said, 'I'll be leaving tomorrow to play with Michael Jackson at a tribute concert.' I told him not to do it because Axl was molested by his father when he was two and he believed the charges against Michael Jackson."

He continued: "Everyone knew Eddie Van Halen received $1 million to play in 'Beat It'. So, I asked Slash, 'How much are you receiving?' and he said, 'I'll just get a big-screen TV.'"

Axl was very hurt when he learned about the collaboration. "When Axl found out Slash was going to play with Michael Jackson and that the payment was a big-screen TV, he was devastated," Doug said. "He thought Slash would support him and be against all abuse. From the point of view of Axl, that was the only problem. He could ignore the drugs and the alcohol, but could never the child abuse."

Slash played his final show with GUNS N' ROSES in July 1993, and by October 1996 he announced that he was no longer part of the band.

So what would it take to repair the rift between the guitarist and Axl? "Slash would have to apologize for the episode with Michael Jackson," Goldstein said. "And I really believe I'd be the manager to reunite them. I don't think anyone else could do it."

In a brand new interview with "Elliot In The Morning", the morning radio talk show hosted by DJ Elliot Segal, Slash was asked if there is any truth to Goldstein's claims.

"You know what?! I've been hearing a lot about this particular interview from a lot of people that he really pissed off," Slash replied (hear audio below). "And I've heard that. And I don't think there's any truth to that. I mean, obviously, the band stayed together for years after that whole thing. And it wasn't a big deal at the time. And if it did piss anybody off, it was something that went away. So I don't think it had anything to do with the original GUNS N' ROSES' demise."

Slash also explained that he doesn't go out of his way to read any of Goldstein's interviews that have to do with GUNS N' ROSES. "I don't wanna read or hear that guy's B.S., so I just avoid it," he said. "That way I stay sane. [Laughs]"

Edited by GNRfanMILO

It was patently bullshit from the off. And Axl has made no bones about his issues with child abuse, if that was the reason he would have come out and fucking said it - especially since Slash is the one who'd have mostly come off looking like an insensitive prick.

Anyhow, Doug Goldstein deserves a kick in the nuts. I'm not saying someone should give him one. But if they did, I'd be pleased.

• Like 3

You know that old saying, 'there's three sides to every story - the first guy's version, the second guy's and the truth'?

In Guns N' Roses case, it's not a triangle, it's a dodecahedron drawn by a mentally ill egomaniacal lunatic, then drawn over by a different manipulative drunk, drugged up egomaniac and then drawn over by a thousand managers, hangers on, kooks, quacks and sharks. Oh yeah, and they forgot to put the truth anywhere in it. But we keep looking.

Part of the charm. You know most of it is total horseshit, but you just can't help yourself and it has a nostalgic soundtrack.

I think Doug did say later that it wasn't why the band broke up, but it was the start of Axls dislike of Slash. Maybe Doug is really just trying to be reinstated as GNR manager. There was also a weird comment about Slash being aggressive drunk and he had to protect crowd? That was bizarre.

• Like 1

You know that old saying, 'there's three sides to every story - the first guy's version, the second guy's and the truth'?

In Guns N' Roses case, it's not a triangle, it's a dodecahedron drawn by a mentally ill egomaniacal lunatic, then drawn over by a different manipulative drunk, drugged up egomaniac and then drawn over by a thousand managers, hangers on, kooks, quacks and sharks. Oh yeah, and they forgot to put the truth anywhere in it. But we keep looking.

Brilliant post.

Deep inside we all here know that Axl, Slash, Dougie, Beta, Izzy, Adler, Sorum, Del, Fernando and I don't know til what extent, Duff.... They are all big fucking liars. They all have lied to us in one way or another. They hate each other for years then they reunite and make love in a huge bed, then fight again and talk shit about each other and so on til the end of times. We can't trust this people anymore. We are alone and on our own here.

I think Doug did say later that it wasn't why the band broke up, but it was the start of Axls dislike of Slash. Maybe Doug is really just trying to be reinstated as GNR manager. There was also a weird comment about Slash being aggressive drunk and he had to protect crowd? That was bizarre.

He is not to be trusted. Great managers are almost always cunts. It goes with the territory. But how do you manage Axl Rose? seems like a tall order and Axl looks like he had it after the reunion midget betrayed him and just gave the job to Beta, someone he trusts with his meals.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah, he said this is not why GNR broke up but the reason why Axl disengaged from Slash totally. Like, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

"I don't wanna read or hear that guy's B.S., so I just avoid it," he said. "That way I stay sane. [Laughs]"

Perfect and correct answer

Goldstein is a cock, despite the fact that a lot of people here jump on literally EVERY bullshit that a formeer leech speaks about this band

I ran out of likes, but thank you for my new signature :headbang: