SLASH Shoots Down Claim His Relationship With AXL ROSE Was Torn Over MICHAEL JACKSON Collaboration

Ok from listening to this interview I gathered a few things...

1. The Michael Jackson thing pissed Axl off to some extent. The hesitation and lack of confirmation that it was a non issue backs up the fact that there were some underlining issues here. Maybe Slash couldn't remember though?

2. Axl definitely sent Slash that pamphlet or manual. Axl lives for sending people gifts they otherwise might not be able to find again. (Ex: Buckethead doll he wanted and DJ's platinum record.)

3, If Slash is well aware of this MJ story then Axl is too. It's odd for Axl to let a story so personal to him go out in the public without a response.

4. Leads me to my conclusion. Axl was upset over the MJ thing. Slash was too drugged up to remember. Slash's lack of sympathy is shown once again. Along with the sly "to stay sane" remark at the end, which in some ways feels like a stab at Axl for caring what people say.

The GNR break up is the Bermuda Triangle of rock n roll.

Yes. It never really happened like that before or since. They fucked it up so gloriously in their own special way. And people don't give enough credit to the very strong combo of Adler/Sorum. When you need a reminder it's supposed to be funny.

I sense elements of the fun part of Kiss with the same amounts of ego, only more talent and money or therapy can't stop this shit from going wrong cause it's supposed to.

This shit gets into a really deranged, murky world of super-stardom and the very, very nasty vultures that it attracts.

I remember reading that in those same regression therapy sessions, Axl recalled memories from the moment he was conceived. And those same 'advisors' were the ones who helped him with that revelation about the native american past life stuff with Erin. He was absolutely adamant it was legit, and said so in a major publication.

The truth is, whatever terrible trauma the man really suffered, going public with it in this way did neither him nor that cause much good.

What do you mean about the drummers exactly, Rovim?

Just that both knew how to have a good time Sorum lost all of his teeth cause cocaine. In a lot of bands at least one band member is boring or unrelatable.

Edited by Rovim

This shit gets into a really deranged, murky world of super-stardom and the very, very nasty vultures that it attracts.

I remember reading that in those same regression therapy sessions, Axl recalled memories from the moment he was conceived. And those same 'advisors' were the ones who helped him with that revelation about the native american past life stuff with Erin. He was absolutely adamant it was legit, and said so in a major publication.

The truth is, whatever terrible trauma the man really suffered, going public with it in this way did neither him nor that cause much good.

Doug didn't seem to be bothered by it or criticize it, but Axl probably should have gotten more into researching his family tree because the "why was dad so fucked in the head" is usually answered by going back home again and learning about the family going back to when they came to America.

I'm kind of surprised he didn't say anything about the anti-gay pizza shop in Indiana.

Edited by dalsh327

I saw Slash on Rock Icons last night and when Axl fired him he said he was shocked and sad by it.

But then he was glad for the freedom and that's when other musicians called him to play songs on their albums or just play onstage with them.

From what Slash said, he played with MJ after he left GNR. He talked about buying his famous hat in a store on Melrose and how that was part of his image. He also said that one day he went to see MJ without his hat and he told MJ he left it home and Slash said you could see in his eyes how disappointed he was that Slash didn't wear his hate.

Duff talked about how Slash wasn't just an amazing guitar player, but how much his image was a part of him. He also said with Slash's guitar playing and Axl's voice they all knew that GNR was something special.

Also I didn't know this, but during the VR days, Slash was still addicted to drugs and alcohol and realized he was doing the 80's shit all over again and had to get clean. It's good he realized it before it was too late.

Slash also said how he wouldn't change a thing in his life because it's where it got him today.

Yeah, GNR was one of the all time greatest rock bands ever, but I think in the end it was better for these guys to split up and since they see happy with what they're doing today, I think it was a good thing afterall.

Goldstein. One of the first leeches along with Del and Dizzy.

lol what has poor dizzy ever done :lol::lol:

He is not Slash Endorsed which makes him worse than Hitler and Mao combined.

I saw Slash on Rock Icons last night and when Axl fired him he said he was shocked and sad by it.

But then he was glad for the freedom and that's when other musicians called him to play songs on their albums or just play onstage with them.

From what Slash said, he played with MJ after he left GNR. He talked about buying his famous hat in a store on Melrose and how that was part of his image. He also said that one day he went to see MJ without his hat and he told MJ he left it home and Slash said you could see in his eyes how disappointed he was that Slash didn't wear his hate.

Duff talked about how Slash wasn't just an amazing guitar player, but how much his image was a part of him. He also said with Slash's guitar playing and Axl's voice they all knew that GNR was something special.

Also I didn't know this, but during the VR days, Slash was still addicted to drugs and alcohol and realized he was doing the 80's shit all over again and had to get clean. It's good he realized it before it was too late.

Slash also said how he wouldn't change a thing in his life because it's where it got him today.

Yeah, GNR was one of the all time greatest rock bands ever, but I think in the end it was better for these guys to split up and since they see happy with what they're doing today, I think it was a good thing afterall.

Slash wasn't fired from GN'R. He quit. So lie #1

Slash played with MJ long before he left GN'R. He first played with him in 1991 on the Dangerous Album. Then he played with him in '95 on the History album. Then he recorded a song in 96 for the Blood on the Dance Floor remix album. Lie #2

He never said he was fired. He never said he didn't play with MJ while still in Guns.

That in itself is a lie because he played with MJ on Dangerous in 1991.

Did you not read my post correctly? He never said or implied that he had not played with MJ during GnRs time.

He never said he was fired. He never said he didn't play with MJ while still in Guns.

Did you not read my post correctly? He never said or implied that he had not played with MJ during GnRs time.

Did he mention a big screen TV?

It's absolutely irrelevant 'cause certain people didn't care what he said. They just want to let him look bad.

Kind of ridiculously but unfortunately that seems to be the case.

Before someone's telling us about the third "lie", no, he didn't say he bought his top hat. He mentioned the moment when he "found" it.

Edited by Free Bird

I'm not sure if Slash would know or care how Axl felt about him playing with MJ. But I could see how Axl might take as a slight if Doug did ask him not to do that.

I had 7 inch singles of Always on the run and Home so I think his collabs can be great. But this is a weird personal thing.

I'm not sure if Slash would know or care how Axl felt about him playing with MJ. But I could see how Axl might take as a slight if Doug did ask him not to do that.

I had 7 inch singles of Always on the run and Home so I think his collabs can be great. But this is a weird personal thing.

Liked his solos on give in to me. Felt it represented the Gn'R sound well even on an MJ album. Slash did many cool things with other artists over the years. I remember Slash saying in an interview how MJ is cool and all, but he wouldn't leave his kids alone with him lol.

I think he does a solo on Fields of Joy and Black n White too?

I can see why Axl might take it more serious. At the first show in Taipei after release of CD Axl said last time he spoke to MJ he reccomended a great doctor. Isn't that leather glove MJs he got at auction. Scraped sounds a lot like Bad.

Doug has already said it was about the start of Axls dislike of Slash not the demise of the band. Maybe Doug did talk to Slash maybe he didn't. How does Doug know about the Big screen TV if he didn't talk to Slash about it? Fuck you Marty.

Doug has already said it was about the start of Axls dislike of Slash not the demise of the band. Maybe Doug did talk to Slash maybe he didn't. How does Doug know about the Big screen TV if he didn't talk to Slash about it? Fuck you Marty.

So ... are you assuming the "big screen television" as a fact?

:lol:

Conclusion:

Slash don't deny the "big screen television" fact.

Interesting ... :popcorn:

Adler sucked cock for beer money. Slash is still on a different level.

#Integrity iiii];-$