SLASH Shoots Down Claim His Relationship With AXL ROSE Was Torn Over MICHAEL JACKSON Collaboration

A request was asked for stuff Slash has said. I gave stuff Slash said, not in one one off interview, but over the course of 1995-2004. So, no I didn't "repeat steps 2 and 3"

The request was Slash talking shit and bashing Axl. None of the things you have provided were either shit-talking or bashing. Some things were harsh, but far from the things Axl fans accuse Slash of doing.

Slash Fans: Never Admit Slash is Wrong, Always Deflect.

I don't know how Slash fans operate but I believe you do, since there was a time when you would be shitting on Axl every day. Do you need me to remind you that by posting the PM you sent me? Let me know.

Rule #2 to be a good Slash fan: "When presented with Slash saying stuff that might've pissed Axl off, downplay and say Axl is crazy."

That's the thing, nobody is discussing what "might have" pissed Axl off. We all know Axl is a very sensitive person, but he has never stated that Slash bashed him nonstop for years. It's his fans the ones making that claim.

Saying Slash is a cancer = Axl is an evil, wicked man.

Saying Axl is a villain = Slash is cool. Axl is a wicked man.

As far as I know, nobody has ever said this. Slash was bitter during the time of the break-up. Can someone point to me who is ignoring this?

• Like 1

A request was asked for stuff Slash has said. I gave stuff Slash said, not in one one off interview, but over the course of 1995-2004. So, no I didn't "repeat steps 2 and 3"

Slash Fans: Never Admit Slash is Wrong, Always Deflect.Rule #2 to be a good Slash fan: "When presented with Slash saying stuff that might've pissed Axl off, downplay and say Axl is crazy."

Excellent job, Dr. Who! You shove it up their back door with real proof, as requested :D

I'm sorry obtuse and proud people will never admit to it but you see, this people are capable of going to lengths like denying the word of their God Slash himself, who was humble enough to admit in his own Bible that he had a period of talking negative things about Axl.

Bad mouthing and saying negative stuff doesn't reduce to insults. Actually, when Scott W. got involved in the fight saying those really insulting and harsh things about Axl, Slash says he didn't like that at all and he told Scott "dude, u can't talk shit about Axl. I can talk shit about him but you can't." Pretty much like when you fight with your siblings but will not allow someone from the outside giving them shit.

To make the sorry short: Slash said a load of negative things about Axl on the press and in his book, throughtout the years and it's only been 3-4 years since he stopped and kinda backed off a bit, becoming moody when journalists want to bring the subject up.

Axl, faithful to his style, didn't comment on those things in quantity but did it on "quality". The cancer thing was like a Nuclear bomb. He dropped it once and apparently caused more damage than 10 Slash interviews. Also, the press release from the Burning Hills and the comments about Scott being a fraud caused a huge fight in Velvet Revolver and Slash was knocked out.

All in all, both Axl and Slash have a sharp tongue and during those years they seem to have produced lethal venom to spit at each other whenever the chance was given. Fortunately, and in appearance, they seem to have smoothed out their comments and finally buried the subject, but we never know.

Slash Fans: Never Admit Slash is Wrong, Always Deflect.Rule #2 to be a good Slash fan: "When presented with Slash saying stuff that might've pissed Axl off, downplay and say Axl is crazy."

Excellent job, Dr. Who! You shove it up their back door with real proof, as requested :D

I'm sorry obtuse and proud people will never admit to it but you see, this people are capable of going to lengths like denying the word of their God Slash himself, who was humble enough to admit in his own Bible that he had a period of talking negative things about Axl.

Please avoid characterizations and insults regarding those who you disagree with. Absolutely no need for such comments when making your point. The rest of your post was quite good, so please leave out unnecessary comments on the character of others just because they so happen to disagree with you.

Man Slash was an asshole in 2000. I don't remember any of those quotes, but you read them and take with them that Axl was a sensitive person and you kind of understand why Axl felt attacked.

I mean I know it's funny to say everything Slash said wasn't "that bad" and you know what it wasn't that bad, it was just things people say after a nasty breakup, but to a person like Axl this would have been hard to read.

We never heard Axl bashing Slash's musical style, we never heard Axl say much of anything after the breakup, Axl stayed quiet after the breakup, but Slash's way of expressing how he felt was to bash Axl in the media.

Read those quotes...it basically says Axl broke up Guns N Roses. Obviously Slash just doesn't talk about this anymore but he has apologized for some of this stuff. I think he was angry...he felt pushed out of his own band, and he took it out on Axl.

I dont think some people are looking at it the right way...we might not think that what Slash said is harsh or insulting. But to Axl they are i bet. And it seems pretty clear after reading those that these are the things that Marc Canter has stated that Axl wants to Slash to apoligize in the press for. Whether you or i think theyre really not that bad makes no difference. Its what Axl has in his head, and thats the issue here.

I dont think some people are looking at it the right way...we might not think that what Slash said is harsh or insulting. But to Axl they are i bet. And it seems pretty clear after reading those that these are the things that Marc Canter has stated that Axl wants to Slash to apoligize in the press for. Whether you or i think theyre really not that bad makes no difference. Its what Axl has in his head, and thats the issue here.

This is a tangent but didn't Izzy, Duff, Steven say negative stuff about Axl, in some cases the same dictatorship kind of rhetoric. So why Slash gets more hate? He doesn't get a guest spot. I mean Duff is part of the lawsuits? This is why I still think it might be illuminati reunion fake feud.

or maybe Dougie has a point.

The request was Slash talking shit and bashing Axl. None of the things you have provided were either shit-talking or bashing. Some things were harsh, but far from the things Axl fans accuse Slash of doing.

I don't know how Slash fans operate but I believe you do, since there was a time when you would be shitting on Axl every day. Do you need me to remind you that by posting the PM you sent me? Let me know.

Rule #2 to be a good Slash fan: "When presented with Slash saying stuff that might've pissed Axl off, downplay and say Axl is crazy."

That's the thing, nobody is discussing what "might have" pissed Axl off. We all know Axl is a very sensitive person, but he has never stated that Slash bashed him nonstop for years. It's his fans the ones making that claim.

As far as I know, nobody has ever said this. Slash was bitter during the time of the break-up. Can someone point to me who is ignoring this?

Thanks Nosaj. Good points. We are now at number 9, so I'm out.

Again, people are taking a man's version of events as insults.

The list of people who exited this band would indicate to anyone sane that working with Axl ain't no picnic.

And for fuck's sake give up the whining about Axl's "sensitivity" - he's a grown man and should be able to cope with the stuff Slash said...which Duff and Matt and Izzy also alluded to down the years (how conveniently forgotten that is in all of this hysterical nonsense).

Fact is, Axl is so pissed with Slash because the fucker didn't die in an alcoholics gutter after he left GNR. If Axl was 6 good albums up the road from 1996, this shit would never surface.

It would be a case of "Slash who?"

• Like 1

Again, people are taking a man's version of events as insults.

The list of people who exited this band would indicate to anyone sane that working with Axl ain't no picnic.

And for fuck's sake give up the whining about Axl's "sensitivity" - he's a grown man and should be able to cope with the stuff Slash said...which Duff and Matt and Izzy also alluded to down the years (how conveniently forgotten that is in all of this hysterical nonsense).

Fact is, Axl is so pissed with Slash because the fucker didn't die in an alcoholics gutter after he left GNR. If Axl was 6 good albums up the road from 1996, this shit would never surface.

It would be a case of "Slash who?"

I would even argue that the main reason why Axl is so upset with Slash is because Slash decided to air the dirty laundry without thinking how it was going to affect him, and it's not that Axl felt offended but that Slash gained free publicity to promote his own projects while doing it so -- at least, according to Axl.

Axl loved Slash and probably never expected him to be in every single magazine discussing the war between him and Axl over the direction of the band, or how much of a pain in the ass Axl was.

Maybe it's time to remind what some people consider to be "Axl's fans"

Maybe I'm missing something.

Who do you consider as Axl's fans?

Those who are discussing the possibility of a re-release of Chinese Democracy plus CD Remix album as an add-on.

:lol:

I can only imagine Axl fans reaction if Slash ever calls Mr. Rose a 'cancer'.

They would say Slash is the Devil, because he doesn't let Prince Axl re-release Chinese Democracy plus CD Remix album :lol:

To me that's not bad mouthing.

The request was Slash talking shit and bashing Axl. None of the things you have provided were either shit-talking or bashing.

Let me reply to you guys with Apollo words:

If you "see" something through Axl's Slash's eyes.......that is pretty much the definition of being a crazy fan boy.

:rolleyes:

I can honestly see your point and I can even understand you, but ... did Slash ever talk about feeling hurt by Axl because of the "cancer" comment? :shrugs:

damn how do you guys have so much time to post stuff on here..?

How do you have so much time to come here to post something that doesn't add nothing to this thread? :shrugs:

Those who are discussing the possibility of a re-release of Chinese Democracy plus CD Remix album as an add-on.

This is another case of your English skills failing you miserably. When you asked me who I considered Axl fans, I replied in the context of the thread, i.e. Axl's band next album, so I was addressing those fans, not the definition of them as a whole.

The request was Slash talking shit and bashing Axl. None of the things you have provided were either shit-talking or bashing.

If you "see" something through Axl's Slash's eyes.......that is pretty much the definition of being a crazy fan boy.

Apollo's quote has nothing to do with what Free Bird or I said. Are you reading what you're quoting?

I can honestly see your point and I can even understand you, but ... did Slash ever talk about feeling hurt by Axl because of the "cancer" comment? :shrugs:

Not that I remember. I think he said it was harsh, I don't know, but he did comment about it.

8. People ignore 7 and repeat 1 and 3.

Remember that question you asked me in the relationship thread?

Just read your post here, bub. Your post explains what I was saying.

You keep posting examples of things that NOBODY has ever said.

Please stick to actual facts and stop making up crap.

Everyone on this site engages in hyperbole. I am also allowed to. I know you want me gone from here, but...I could if you want list tons of examples of hyperbolic posts from both sides. If I was on Slash's side, you would tolerate my posts.

But you are doing the very thing you are mocking. Don't you get that?

Not everybody engages in hyperbole. Why not be better than that? You are making up things that nobody said. It is just silly.

And wrong again. I don't really even like Slash and his music. I'm not one of the clowns that feel like I have to pick a side and then hate the other guy. That is just idiotic.

Do whatever you want Miser. I just don't get why you keep making crap up instead of just debating the facts.

This is another case of your English skills failing you miserably. When you asked me who I considered Axl fans, I replied in the context of the thread, i.e. Axl's band next album, so I was addressing those fans, not the definition of them as a whole.

Apollo's quote has nothing to do with what Free Bird or I said. Are you reading what you're quoting?

Not that I remember. I think he said it was harsh, I don't know, but he did comment about it.

Isn't it funny - or odd - how some posters seem obsessed with talking about how "fans" of either guy act? They are more obsessed with the Axl vs Slash feud than even Axl is.

Don't you wish they wouldn't bring that crap into every topic.

Slash said something about knowing how Axl comes across.

Slash said something about knowing how Axl comes across.

I'm trying to find that interview, but it looks like it's gone or I'm not trying hard enough. If you happen to have it, please share.

Edit: Found an interview.

"You know, that's sorta funny. The fact that he would go and say that — I started thinking about it: I'm around a lot so to him I probably am a cancer. And now the record's doing really well, I'm even more cancerous! And apparently we're gonna be touring Europe at the same time, which will put even more emphasis on the cancer thing!"

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-being-called-a-cancer-by-axl-rose-is-sorta-funny/

No man, this is another case of your English skills failing miserably. You are talking about Axl's fans in every thing thread, so my question was quite simple and objective: "Who do you consider as Axl's fans?" ... I won't make you the same question in every single thread just to know what do you consider Axl's fans in each context ... that's ridiculous ...

Edit: Found an interview.

"You know, that's sorta funny. The fact that he would go and say that — I started thinking about it: I'm around a lot so to him I probably am a cancer. And now the record's doing really well, I'm even more cancerous! And apparently we're gonna be touring Europe at the same time, which will put even more emphasis on the cancer thing!"

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-being-called-a-cancer-by-axl-rose-is-sorta-funny/

To me, Slash's fans look more upset about the "cancer" comment than Slash himself .... he even think it's funny.

Slash's fans logic. :facepalm:

Edited by GUNNER PT

No man, this is another case of your English skills failing miserably. You are talking about Axl's fans in every thing thread, so my question was quite simple and objective: "Who do you consider as Axl's fans?" ... I won't make you the same question in every single thread just to know what do you consider Axl's fans in each context ... that's ridiculous ...

Do you know what the word "objective" means? No, I assume you don't, but you think you do. Yet, you asked me who I considered them to be. :lol:

I invite you to read that CD thread again and find the answer you're seeking. I was addressing the fans who wanted the next album to be CD re-release and/or CD remix, and just like you wouldn't make the same question for every discussion made, I wouldn't describe them according to what the thread is discussing. According to your flawed logic, they're not Axl fans, I guess it would have been easier to call them "CD and CD remix" fans, because they happen to be fans of the album but not fans of Axl.

Let me know if you understand what I just said. I can always use basic words instead.

To me, Slash's fans look more upset about the "cancer" comment than Slash himself .... he even think it's funny.

Slash's fans logic. :facepalm:

What does Slash's fans logic have to do with they 'looking' more upset about the cancer comment than Slash, to you?

Do you know what the word "objective" means? No, I assume you don't, but you think you do. Yet, you asked me who I considered them to be. :lol:

Yes I do. The question was quite objective.

I invite you to read that CD thread again and find the answer you're seeking. I was addressing the fans who wanted the next album to be CD re-release and/or CD remix, and just like you wouldn't make the same question for every discussion made, I wouldn't describe them according to what the thread is discussing. According to your flawed logic, they're not Axl fans, I guess it would have been easier to call them "CD and CD remix" fans, because they happen to be fans of the album but not fans of Axl.

:facepalm:

Let me know if you understand what I just said. I can always use basic words instead.

I never said my english is perfect, but I can understand english quite well, thanks.

But you, you keep talking about it over and over again, when almost everybody else seem to understand me despite of some grammar mistakes that I commit here and there. Maybe the problem is with you ... you should assume that you have some problems about the english language too, since it isn't your first language. The most strange thing is, we both have latim based first languages, so the grammar mistakes shouldn't be a big problem at all between us, unless you just want to, somehow, mock me.

It's sad for me to go offtopic just to respond to you, when we were talking about Axl/Slash, but you insist in talking about me and my "language handicap" ... I know you can argue quite well to defend your point of view, but this continuous behavior makes you look like someone who can't argue at all and always end up going into personal stuff just to win the discussion ... that's really sad, because, honestly, I think you don't need that.

What does Slash's fans logic have to do with they 'looking' more upset about the cancer comment than Slash, to you?

It's the same logic when Slash fans keep complaining about Axl's fans looking more upset about the "badmouthing" than Axl himself.

:dance:

Yes I do. The question was quite objective.

Proof that you have no idea what "objective" means. You asked me who I considered to be Axl fans.

:facepalm:

This proves my point that you don't understand what you read. Facepalm all you want, you're still wrong.

I never said my english is perfect, but I can understand english quite well, thanks.

But you, you keep talking about it over and over again, when almost everybody else seem to understand me despite of some grammar mistakes that I commit here and there. Maybe the problem is with you ... you should assume that you have some problems about the english language too, since it isn't your first language. The most strange thing is, we both have latim based first languages, so the grammar mistakes shouldn't be a big problem at all between us, unless you just want to, somehow, mock me.

It's sad for me to go offtopic just to respond to you, when we were talking about Axl/Slash, but you insist in talking about me and my "language handicap" ... I know you can argue quite well to defend your point of view, but this continuous behavior makes you look like someone who can't argue at all and always end up going into personal stuff just to win the discussion ... that's really sad, because, honestly, I think you don't need that.

I never said you said your English was perfect. You simply do not understand what you read, which affects your opinion on a particular subject. Despite the numerous mistakes you make when you post, I have not pointed out anything so far in this thread. So, what are you talking about again?

As for being off-topic, sorry, but that happened when you posted quotes from another thread. I don't need to 'win' a discussion, I just have to prove you wrong, which I already did. Insisting on the subject only makes it worse -- for you, not for me.

It's the same logic when Slash fans keep complaining about Axl's fans looking more upset about the "badmouthing" than Axl himself.

:dance:

I didn't ask you what logic it was or what logic it was similar to. I asked you what does Slash's fans logic have to do with you thinking they get more upset than Slash himself. Are you going to reply or will you continue to post unrelated stuff that makes no sense whatsoever?