SLASH Shoots Down Claim His Relationship With AXL ROSE Was Torn Over MICHAEL JACKSON Collaboration

I dont think some people are looking at it the right way...we might not think that what Slash said is harsh or insulting. But to Axl they are i bet. And it seems pretty clear after reading those that these are the things that Marc Canter has stated that Axl wants to Slash to apoligize in the press for. Whether you or i think theyre really not that bad makes no difference. Its what Axl has in his head, and thats the issue here.

This is a tangent but didn't Izzy, Duff, Steven say negative stuff about Axl, in some cases the same dictatorship kind of rhetoric. So why Slash gets more hate? He doesn't get a guest spot. I mean Duff is part of the lawsuits? This is why I still think it might be illuminati reunion fake feud.

or maybe Dougie has a point.

Thats the thing, we dont know. But thats how it is in Axls head. Maybe thats a question Canter could answer? Why Izzy and Duff were forgiven for the things theyve said but why he wont forgive Slash?

I dont think some people are looking at it the right way...we might not think that what Slash said is harsh or insulting. But to Axl they are i bet. And it seems pretty clear after reading those that these are the things that Marc Canter has stated that Axl wants to Slash to apoligize in the press for. Whether you or i think theyre really not that bad makes no difference. Its what Axl has in his head, and thats the issue here.

This is a tangent but didn't Izzy, Duff, Steven say negative stuff about Axl, in some cases the same dictatorship kind of rhetoric. So why Slash gets more hate? He doesn't get a guest spot. I mean Duff is part of the lawsuits? This is why I still think it might be illuminati reunion fake feud.

Thats the thing, we dont know. But thats how it is in Axls head. Maybe thats a question Canter could answer? Why Izzy and Duff were forgiven for the things theyve said but why he wont forgive Slash?

Who was always 2 hours late? Who was always behind the riots? Who wanted to have control of the name GN´R? Who wanted to have 3 guitars that were not necessary?

Here the issue is not if Slash, Duff and Izzy were angry with Axl and they made harsh comments. The question is, were they right? Yes, they had every right to be pissed off and they made it public that they were fed up with prima donna Axl and his stupidity.

Axl himself is enough evidence that they were right. All we have to do is to look at the way he has handle the band affairs for the last 20 years.

I bet Axl had fun watching the Behind The Music doco. Matt & Duff swinging from Slash's testicles, never at one point did they point the finger at themselves and take a part of the blame it was so negative towards Axl, that anybody without blinkers on could realize and at that point they thought VR was going to be the next Led Zepp, and then they ran into Weiland...

Behind the Music was also made for artists that had nothing new going on, which at that time was definitely the case with GNR, and VH1 had enough band members and able to use MTV footage and Axl interviews to put him in there anyway. They've had some good BTMs but they tended to start sounding the same, that they've been parodied a bunch of times.

Who was always 2 hours late? Who was always behind the riots? Who wanted to have control of the name GN´R? Who wanted to have 3 guitars that were not necessary?

Here the issue is not if Slash, Duff and Izzy were angry with Axl and they made harsh comments. The question is, were they right? Yes, they had every right to be pissed off and they made it public that they were fed up with prima donna Axl and his stupidity.

Axl himself is enough evidence that they were right. All we have to do is to look at the way he has handle the band affairs for the last 20 years.

Sad, but true.

I bet Axl had fun watching the Behind The Music doco. Matt & Duff swinging from Slash's testicles, never at one point did they point the finger at themselves and take a part of the blame it was so negative towards Axl, that anybody without blinkers on could realize and at that point they thought VR was going to be the next Led Zepp, and then they ran into Weiland...

Do you think Axl had fun watching VR's first album perform better than CD did?

Do you think Axl had fun watching the wheel repeat itself as GnR turned into a revolving door of musicians?

Do you think Axl had fun at Bridgeport or watching DJ f*ck up solos or forgetting words to Nov Rain and Patience at the Rio show?

Do you think Axl had fun watching Slash's last album receive critical acclaim.....while being afraid to release an album himself?

Comparing post classic lineup careers isn't really a smart route to take if you are one of those guys who continually has to bash Slash to show your Axl fandom!!!!

***^**

Is there anybody here that can just chat about GnR, Axl and slash without all the stupidness of making it a competition or insulting fans of either musician?

• Like 1

Im not disputing if they were right or wrong. In my opinion they were right on those points, but our opinion doesnt matter here. Its trying to see it the way Axl wraps his head around it. We may not think what Slash has said is all that bad or false, or not called for but Axl was offended, hurt, insulted, felt betrayed (whatever name you want to put to it), and until he can move past it or man up and deal with it then there wont be a reunion or a mending of relationships between Slash and him. He holds the keys and until he decides, if ever, then thats the way it is. Im not saying its right, or hes in the right. Hell, i personally think he fucked up quite a bit, like you said look at the last 20 years haha. I just wish he would put all that petty shit behind him and call him up and deal with it. Then maybe we could have a reunion or at the least Axl could put some fucking music out of his own more than once every 15 years!

Do you think Axl had fun watching the wheel repeat itself as GnR turned into a revolving door of musicians?

Do you think Axl had fun at Bridgeport or watching DJ f*ck up solos or forgetting words to Nov Rain and Patience at the Rio show?

Do you think Axl had fun watching Slash's last album receive critical acclaim.....while being afraid to release an album himself?

Comparing post classic lineup careers isn't really a smart route to take if you are one of those guys who continually has to bash Slash to show your Axl fandom!!!!

***^**

Is there anybody here that can just chat about GnR, Axl and slash without all the stupidness of making it a competition or insulting fans of either musician?

4306642-2570737891-willy.jpg

• Like 1

Im not disputing if they were right or wrong. In my opinion they were right on those points, but our opinion doesnt matter here. Its trying to see it the way Axl wraps his head around it. We may not think what Slash has said is all that bad or false, or not called for but Axl was offended, hurt, insulted, felt betrayed (whatever name you want to put to it), and until he can move past it or man up and deal with it then there wont be a reunion or a mending of relationships between Slash and him. He holds the keys and until he decides, if ever, then thats the way it is. Im not saying its right, or hes in the right. Hell, i personally think he fucked up quite a bit, like you said look at the last 20 years haha. I just wish he would put all that petty shit behind him and call him up and deal with it. Then maybe we could have a reunion or at the least Axl could put some fucking music out of his own more than once every 15 years!

Does Slash want a reunion?

Feels like we are always leaving it to Axl's call.... but what about the rest? It makes no sense. If everybody left because they couldn't stand Axl anymore, why would they want to go back? Reunion implies working with the guy again, seeing his face, putting up with him and his shit they complained so much about.... Do they really want to work with Axl again?

Please let me know or show me where Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, etc. say they are willing to give Axl another chance. I know Steven Adler wants it but I'm not sure if he's totally aware of what he's asking for.

Does Slash want a reunion?

Feels like we are always leaving it to Axl's call.... but what about the rest? It makes no sense. If everybody left because they couldn't stand Axl anymore, why would they want to go back? Reunion implies working with the guy again, seeing his face, putting up with him and his shit they complained so much about.... Do they really want to work with Axl again?

Please let me know or show me where Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, etc. say they are willing to give Axl another chance. I know Steven Adler wants it but I'm not sure if he's totally aware of what he's asking for.

Slash has never come out and said he wants one. But he has always seemed to leave the option open. From what ive read, when hes asked hes usually said never say never but its not something i really think about...whereas with Axl we got the "not in this lifetime" and other various things of that nature. Edited by ChineseIRS

***^**

Great points. Let's see if wkuk04 replies with factual information or he simply crawls back like he's used to.

Im not disputing if they were right or wrong. In my opinion they were right on those points, but our opinion doesnt matter here. Its trying to see it the way Axl wraps his head around it.

Most of the things Slash and co. said in the press about Axl and or Gn'R were true (Marc Canter has said this) so, if I know my best friend steals money from the company he's in and I call him a thief, he might get upset but I'm not talking shit or bashing him. Whatever Axl thinks and how sensitive he is does not make the things the other guys said wrong.

• Like 1

***^**

Great points. Let's see if wkuk04 replies with factual information or he simply crawls back like he's used to.

Im not disputing if they were right or wrong. In my opinion they were right on those points, but our opinion doesnt matter here. Its trying to see it the way Axl wraps his head around it.
Most of the things Slash and co. said in the press about Axl and or Gn'R were true (Marc Canter has said this) so, if I know my best friend steals money from the company he's in and I call him a thief, he might get upset but I'm not talking shit or bashing him. Whatever Axl thinks and how sensitive he is does not make the things the other guys said wrong.
Im not saying it makes them wrong. In fact, i said they were right in saying those things. What im trying to say is it doesnt really matter whats right, it matters how Axl is viewing/feels about it because he is directly involved in there being a solution to it all. And if he doesnt want to deal with and man up and solve those issues then it wont happen. Which sucks for us, the fans, cuz we wont see them ever play together again, wont see any unreleased footage from the UYI tour, or probably Axl releasing any new music ever again. Edited by ChineseIRS
  • Like 1

It sucks that Axl wasted the years in which he was most interesting - his 30s.

A 53 year old Axl Rose is nowhere near as interesting as Axl at 33 would've been. Everything that was a selling point for Axl - the unpredictability, the rants, the street fighting nature, the introspective rocker - none of it would work today even if Axl tried. Axl's unpredictability is predictable at this point, he has nothing to passionately rant about, he's not a spokesman for a generation of kids anymore, seeing Axl try to beat someone up at 53 would be kind of lame, as would him doing something controversial, and no one's gonna really care about the introspective musings of a rich, middle aged rock star. Axl's time was that brief era from 1989-1994 or so...It could've been the whole of the '90s had he not disappeared. Shame. He wasted his prime years...Rockstars stop being interesting once they hit their mid 40s or so in my opinion.

Instead of bringing his rock n' roll to us, Axl spent his 30s doing this

E3C.jpg?5109

• Like 2

A 53 year old Axl Rose is nowhere near as interesting as Axl at 33 would've been. Everything that was a selling point for Axl - the unpredictability, the rants, the street fighting nature, the introspective rocker - none of it would work today even if Axl tried. Axl's unpredictability is predictable at this point, he has nothing to passionately rant about, he's not a spokesman for a generation of kids anymore, seeing Axl try to beat someone up at 53 would be kind of lame, as would him doing something controversial, and no one's gonna really care about the introspective musings of a rich, middle aged rock star. Axl's time was that brief era from 1989-1994 or so...It could've been the whole of the '90s had he not disappeared. Shame. He wasted his prime years...Rockstars stop being interesting once they hit their mid 40s or so in my opinion.

E3C.jpg?5109

That might be true for you - but I'm in the camp of people who don't give a f*ck about all the off the stage and NON-music related crap.

How's the album sound? How's Axl and the band sound on tour? Those are the two things that most people care about. Only a small percentage of people, most of them in their teens, care more about how bad-ass Axl is (or isn't) in a fist-fight or what he is going on a rant about. If GnR has a show tomorrow night I want to know how he sounded while singing - I couldn't really care less what he rants about.

I think he said Slash lies to look cool. Maybe what Duff or Izzy said is true and not to such an extent. One Duff comment was negative to Axl but he said but I was the same. Izzy said some things about Axl but also Slash and Duff. And they were nt constant with it.

Izzy n Duff are more honest. Adler and Slash never say I was a mess. They always focus on Axl. Both Duff and Axl were against Snakepit as GNR. But the story Slash told is only Axl didn't go for it. It's selective. And presented to the media that way because its convenient. Adler is the same if anyone could have saved his GNR career it was Slash. But he chose not to, he was Stevens best friend and he threw him under the bus so the wheels of money could roll. But they spin it like it was solely Axls fault. And he didn't even want to tour!

And the way these things played out in media was a disaster for Axl and nobody came forward to say actually that's not what happened. It's not quite like that I was being hauled off to rehab.

I guess for them personally Axl keeping the name is shocking. But in rock n roll mostly the guys who get messed up on drugs get ripped off or sacked. It generally ends in tears.

If they were all stable and not going to die Axl may not want the name for security and communication in the band would be better. So there's always two sides at least.

I think Slash and Izzy in a band is also an issue. As in its different styles, they don't make a record every year but but they don't have personal issues. I think Slash likes the freedom to rock without the second guitarist or Axl slowing things down. He was happy to continue without Izzy in Guns, but a reunion is all up to Axl?

All this stuff just snowballs.

Edited by wasted

E3C.jpg?5109

In his 30's Axl was not the most interesting guy, he was the most miserable one.

Maybe for you and for me and all people who don't know him it looks like he "wasted" these years. Well, believe me, no one really wants to waste time. It just happens to you. And the 30's are oftenly that decade when you discover yourself, you plant your feet more solidly or you simply go to hell and die.

The crisis of the 30's arrives sooner or later when you are confronted with the imposed rules of being financially successful, getting married and having children. By his 30's Axl had already won in the economic aspect but he was a complete loser regarding family, spouse, children and friends.

Those things beat you up and knock you down. From 1994 til 2001, Axl went through hell. He had to use those years to pick up the pieces and rebuild himself. And it wasn't easy given the fact he's a stubborn difficult person.

I think he said Slash lies to look cool. Maybe what Duff or Izzy said is true and not to such an extent. One Duff comment was negative to Axl but he said but I was the same. Izzy said some things about Axl but also Slash and Duff. And they were nt constant with it.

Izzy n Duff are more honest. Adler and Slash never say I was a mess. They always focus on Axl. Both Duff and Axl were against Snakepit as GNR. But the story Slash told is only Axl didn't go for it. It's selective. And presented to the media that way because its convenient. Adler is the same if anyone could have saved his GNR career it was Slash. But he chose not to, he was Stevens best friend and he threw him under the bus so the wheels of money could roll. But they spin it like it was solely Axls fault. And he didn't even want to tour!

And the way these things played out in media was a disaster for Axl and nobody came forward to say actually that's not what happened. It's not quite like that I was being hauled off to rehab.

I guess for them personally Axl keeping the name is shocking. But in rock n roll mostly the guys who get messed up on drugs get ripped off or sacked. It generally ends in tears.

If they were all stable and not going to die Axl may not want the name for security and communication in the band would be better. So there's always two sides at least.

I think Slash and Izzy in a band is also an issue. As in its different styles, they don't make a record every year but but they don't have personal issues. I think Slash likes the freedom to rock without the second guitarist or Axl slowing things down. He was happy to continue without Izzy in Guns, but a reunion is all up to Axl?

Many many points you stated here simply aren't the truth. Did you ever read Slash's book? If you had you would know that almost everything you claimed here just isn't true.

Many many points you stated here simply aren't the truth. Did you ever read Slash's book? If you had you would know that almost everything you claimed here just isn't true.
I've read all the books. They can't even remember who had them sign the name away.

This is speculation, I'm search for differences between Slash and others who get guest spots. Duff sued Axl too. Duff said Axl had too many yes men and was greedy etc.

Is it just the shut up and sing comment or MJ?

I'm not trying to tell you what the truth is. Would I be here if I knew. No I write a book and set up a reunion tour.

I've read all the books. They can't even remember who had them sign the name away.

This is speculation, I'm search for differences between Slash and others who get guest spots. Duff sued Axl too. Duff said Axl had too many yes men and was greedy etc.

I'm not trying to tell you what the truth is. Would I be here if I knew. No I write a book and set up a reunion tour.

However, you stated wrong claims as a fact and thats the point.

I see you're unfamiliar with wasted's style. :lol:

Seems so

Seems so
Which part did I state was a fact which isn't?

The stuff about Slash and Izzy is more of a theory or its their preference long term. They may not admit that but they aren't in a band together.

Everyone knows the quote wher Slash says what people don't know is that Snakepit was the next GNR record but Axl didn't go for it.

I'm not saying they didn't elaborate somewhere else but we know that's not how Axl explains it, so there's a difference that could piss Axl off.

I'm just trying to see what could piss Axl off. It's not about the facts, as its more what truth doesn't fit Axls story if we are saying everything Slash says is true. Then which parts don't fit Axls story?

I'm not saying its clear cut, it's far from that. I can't see why Axl is more pissed off with Slash than Izzy say.

From the chats Axl seems to take issue with stuff around Slash quitting and Snakepit. So Axl is saying that version of it is untrue and the name under duress is untrue. Is that it? What I'm saying is that some stuff Slash said after or about those events pissed Axl off. Which ones?

I'm guessing and you're saying those arent facts. But that's not the point in my opinion. It's not what's true but what's the difference between the two stories.