Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, it was inevitable. Maiden was going to release an album and they will be touring for it. So, it's time to save up the moolah because I said I wanted to be able to travel for this tour.

How much traveling are you thinking of doing? Gigs just within driving distance, or thinking of going on a trip that requires a flight too? I'm assuming you're not up for Europe, but if you want a North American trip you need to fly out for, the Texas gigs are always a lot of fun.

Well, it was inevitable. Maiden was going to release an album and they will be touring for it. So, it's time to save up the moolah because I said I wanted to be able to travel for this tour.

How much traveling are you thinking of doing? Gigs just within driving distance, or thinking of going on a trip that requires a flight too? I'm assuming you're not up for Europe, but if you want a North American trip you need to fly out for, the Texas gigs are always a lot of fun.

Well, I want to get to at least one in Europe if I can. It really all depends on what they announce, but driving distance is always an option. If they don't come around these parts again (I may avoid Toronto), then I'll be probably aiming at some Midwest shows. I'll see what they're saying, but I'm pretty flexible as long as I save up the right money.

That would be AWESOME if you did a gig in Europe! I can give you a lot of pointers that will help with Europe when the time comes if you decide to do it.

I highly recommend you join the Fan Club if you plan on doing a good number of shows. They run a great presale (you're allotted 4 tickets for EVERY show), and they run First To The Barrier for any non-festival shows that have a front GA section.

• Like 1

I'm so pissed they announced the tour on such short notice - they announced it just over a month from the first gig, way too late to get a reasonably priced flight. Even if they tour ran like 2 weeks longer i would have been able to manage an affordable flight :(

Wish they'd tour the US too, hopefully tacked on to the next Maiden tour like they did Europe last year. The gigs were SO much fun last year (And at £10-15 you can't beat it!) I honestly think I'd do almost every US gig if the tour wasn't TOO long.

Has album artwork been released?

Even if its a shit album, Maiden always delivers at least one badass song.

I always enjoy their epics the most (ie Fear of the Dark, Alexander the Great, and Where the Wild Wind Blows or some shit like that on their last one).

Also Final Frontier was the perfect name for a closeout.

Silly complaint. I'll shut up now.

Has album artwork been released?

Even if its a shit album, Maiden always delivers at least one badass song.

I always enjoy their epics the most (ie Fear of the Dark, Alexander the Great, and Where the Wild Wind Blows or some shit like that on their last one).

Also Final Frontier was the perfect name for a closeout.

Silly complaint. I'll shut up now.

If you like the epics, odds are you'll like this album - it's got their longest song and their third longest song (Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is 11 seconds longer than The Red And The Black), plus another song over ten minutes and two more over seven minutes.

This is the album cover:

TBOS-Packshot_995.jpg

The cover really does look like a fan-made Photoshop project but it's cool to see the old logo make a return.

I don't like the old logo. They changed it with Virtual XI because they wanted to differentiate the road they started going down with the prog era from the "classic" sound. That's why when they do History tours like Somewhere Back In Time or Maiden England they revert back to the classic logo. To use it on the new album makes no sense since the tracklist essentially confirms they're a full-fledged prog metal band now.

Other than that, I love the Eddie but think the cover is too plain.

The cover really does look like a fan-made Photoshop project but it's cool to see the old logo make a return.

I don't like the old logo. They changed it with Virtual XI because they wanted to differentiate the road they started going down with the prog era from the "classic" sound. That's why when they do History tours like Somewhere Back In Time or Maiden England they revert back to the classic logo. To use it on the new album makes no sense since the tracklist essentially confirms they're a full-fledged prog metal band now.

Other than that, I love the Eddie but think the cover is too plain.

It really does seem like a rather plain cover which is why the logo probably stands out to me so much even it it doesn't make thematic sense.

The picture looks a lot better with the white on black colour scheme than it would with the other two.

Ok, I'm still confused. What's the difference?

Is it the colours?

The serifs are longer on the old logo (put a ruler under the I in Iron).

Oh. Right...

I would never have noticed.

thanks.

Yeah it took me a minute to realize what the differences were. To be honest it doesn't add or detract at all to how I feel about the new cover, which is kinda indifferent I guess. Maiden art sort of is what it is to me, I figure it'll always be in the same realm of what you'd expect from them and this one isn't any different.

Yeah it took me a minute to realize what the differences were. To be honest it doesn't add or detract at all to how I feel about the new cover, which is kinda indifferent I guess. Maiden art sort of is what it is to me, I figure it'll always be in the same realm of what you'd expect from them and this one isn't any different.

It just bugs me because of the continuity, it doesn't make sense.