White cop shot by black man

Val22

This happened over the weekend in a city in Texas.

The police office was in a gas station filling up his police car when a black man came up and shot him.

Why isn't this considered a hate crime?

The police caught the guy but he's not talking.

If it was a white guy who shot a black cop it would be called a hate/racist crime, why not the other way around?

Wait. Was he killed because he was white or was it because he was a cop? I honestly don't know and if the guy ain't talking then who knows what his motivation was. Somebody fill me in.

no one knows motive, the cop was pumping gas into his cop car and was shot in the back of the head, when he was on the ground the suspect emptied the 14 shot magazine into him.

Wait. Was he killed because he was white or was it because he was a cop? I honestly don't know and if the guy ain't talking then who knows what his motivation was. Somebody fill me in.

Does it really matter, if the races were swapped it would be all over Faux.

• Like 3

The police office was in a gas station filling up his police car when a black man came up and shot him.

If it was a white guy who shot a black cop it would be called a hate/racist crime, why not the other way around?

It's not considered a hate crime because hate crimes aren't determined until later in the process once motive has been established. So please, let's not jump to conclusions and save the righteous indignation until the facts are known.

It's being reported that the accused has a history of mental illness. If that's true, it's unlikely that a hate crime charge will be issued.

In addition to the reasons listed above (such as, we don't know anything about the situation yet)..

Because there's not a history of systemic racism against white people, that still persists today in the form of statistically unfair treatment by the police and criminal justice system

Another reason there won't be a media outrage is because the killer is not a police officer, who by profession swears to uphold justice and fairly enforce the law of the land. That's why a killing by a police officer holds more weight and is covered more.

It doesn't make it any less of a tragedy of course and every killing is just as saddening, but there's the answers to your questions.

Edited by Jakey Styley

It's not considered a hate crime because hate crimes aren't determined until later in the process once motive has been established. So please, let's not jump to conclusions and save the righteous indignation until the facts are known.

It's being reported that the accused has a history of mental illness. If that's true, it's unlikely that a hate crime charge will be issued.

Yet when a white cop shoots a black kid it's automatically labeled a hate crime and we have riots. Edited by luciusfunk

Yet when a white cop shoots a black kid it's automatically labeled a hate crime and we have riots.

According to who? Not the people who matter, (ie. the authorities).

Yet when a white cop shoots a black kid it's automatically labeled a hate crime and we have riots.

I'm not by any means justifying rioting as the best way of getting things done, but don't you see why this is the way it is? Why in the world would white people be outraged by a black person killing a white cop? They don't have anything to stand for, they aren't fighting against a history of oppression by black people, they don't have a reason to be upset in a unified manner.

Anybody got a picture of the white people rioting?

White people don't do that, we don't act like animals and resort to the stupidity of looting our own neighborhoods, and acting out on pent up hate.

And for Downzy and all of his liberal followers here this is when they truly expose themselves.

the point of the thread and pursuing comments was that the hypocrisy on the left, media etal is evident, and in this case sickening.

If I was a cop, which I am not, but if I was I would organize the blue brotherhood and not respond to any calls for help within "troubled" areas, let them self police, they seem to like the mob mentality of justice.

I for one have lost respect for a very large portion of an entire race. Those that arent directly acting like wild animals are standing by silent,

We have gone backwards in race relations under this current president, the great divider comes on TV when a thug is gunned down by a cop, but not a word when a cop is gunned down by a thug

Edited by shades
  • Like 1

Anybody got a picture of the white people rioting?

White people don't do that, we don't act like animals and resort to the stupidity of looting our own neighborhoods, and acting out on pent up hate.

And for Downzy and all of his little pantie wearing liberal followers here this is when they truly expose themselves.

the point of the thread and pursuing comments was that the hypocrisy on the left, media etal is evident, and in this case sickening.

If I was a cop, which I am not, but if I was I would organize the blue brotherhood and not respond to any calls for help within "troubled" areas, let them self police, they seem to like the mob mentality of justice.

I for one have lost respect for a very large portion of an entire race. Those that arent directly acting like wild animals are standing by silent,

We have gone backwards

For fucks sake you're ignorance knows no bounds... Do yourself, and everyone else a favour, and learn some god damn history before you spout you're ignorant bullshit.

White people don't do that? Are you fucking kidding me? Dude, white people riot if their sports teams fail to win:

Or when a singer cuts a show short:

As for political/social riots, there's a litany of instances of white people rioting in the history of the United States, from the Ward riot of 1868 to the marauding white gangs looking to lynch blacks in the Chicago riot of 1919 to whites rioting in Boston multiple times from 1974-1976, culminating in the infamous The Soiling of Old Glory photograph depicted here:

Soiling_of_Old_Glory.jpg

• Like 4