2016 Nightrain Membership Questions/Info

If this is a stadium tour and it plays out in British stadiums, say three-five dates, there is no way you are going to struggle to get tickets here. I just do not see a GN'R reunion as being that 'hot' in Britain - not like an Oasis reunion. It might sell out eventually but I do not think you are going to have to be nervously refreshing ticketmaster, the minute of release, in order to obtain a ticket. NB that in Britain you have a free standing general admission ticket, so it means nothing how early you bought that particular ticket in regards to the quality of your ticket if you intend on standing.

Fair enough. I guess I'm talking about in the US, not internationally. If they play 3-5 stadium shows in one place, I agree it should be not too hard to get tickets.

But last I heard, all we know of is a US stadium tour consisting of about 25 dates. So that doesn't really lead me to believe there will be multiple stadium shows. It'll be one, in select areas, which will even out demand. And especially for someone like me, thats looking at the always difficult NY/NJ area, I still can't tell whether it'll be an AC/DC type thing, where my friend usually has a few extras left over (that I obviously have to pay for) closer to the show, or it'll be like Taylor Swift or something that sells out. I'm thinking it might be the latter if its a small stadium run.

Right, I get that. You don't think it'll sell out quickly. Many of the rest of us do.

As BS asked; what's the point?

You think a Guns reunion would sell out within minutes, soon enough to make you fear and want to get presales, a three-five date British stadium tour? Sorry, I just do not see it. I do not even see it for an arena tour to be honest - yes, an arena tour will sell out but it will take a week or so.

Ok, so the point is that you want to keep stating you don't think a GN'R tour will sell out quickly. Got it.

As I said before, there's no way to know who's right or wrong at this point.

Arenas I think will sell out instantly in the US. I think some might be overestimating the demand, but definitely for arenas I think you're underestimating it. Springsteen tours frequently and if I don't get tickets on the first day of sale, I can't get tickets. Forget the "in a week" thing. Tickets sell out in a matter of hours nowadays. I think GNR would definitely be the same. Its the stadium thing that throws me.

Arenas I think will sell out instantly in the US. I think some might be overestimating the demand, but definitely for arenas I think you're underestimating it. Springsteen tours frequently and if I don't get tickets on the first day of sale, I can't get tickets. Forget the "in a week" thing. Tickets sell out in a matter of hours nowadays. I think GNR would definitely be the same. Its the stadium thing that throws me.

Everyone from North America tells me that the USA is the worst market for Guns N' Roses, compared with South America (brilliantly successful - even during the darkest days of nugnr) and Europe (moderately successful).

Springsteen is Springsteen. Same with the Stones. The Stones, McCartney, Springsteen are your 'top' acts. Guns, reunited or otherwise, are nowhere near that level of demand.

With these Guns n' Roses memberships (official, not the mygnr thing), I still feel like I'm paying for practically nothing. It's a money-making scheme.

Nighttrain Forum? Not half as awesome as this one, so why bother.

Ticket Presales? I doubt they'd sell out in Europe before I can get them. They even say there might not BE presales for all concerts.

Exclusive content coming soon? Yeah... Soon... And even then what is that even, clips that haven't shown up on YouTube yet?

Select member perks? Seriously, that absolutely says nothing.

These memberships are what I imagine being on the receiving end of violent anal sex feels like.

You can keep your $25,00 towel guys.

At least with the mygnr clubmembership you feel like you're contributing to hard-working people who invest their free time into having a great FREE forum and you get some clear perks. Not supporting Team Three Hour Meeting's lifestyle and getting essentially nothing concrete.

Edited by username
  • Like 4

Right, I get that. You don't think it'll sell out quickly. Many of the rest of us do.

You think a Guns reunion would sell out within minutes, soon enough to make you fear and want to get presales, a three-five date British stadium tour? Sorry, I just do not see it. I do not even see it for an arena tour to be honest - yes, an arena tour will sell out but it will take a week or so.

Ok, so the point is that you want to keep stating you don't think a GN'R tour will sell out quickly. Got it.

Do you believe that, on the day of general release, if I refresh ticketmaster, the second the tickets are released, there will be none left? I'm not really arguing against an arena tour, and to a lesser extent a stadium tour, selling out quickly, but to be so desirous of presales that you pay $25 beforehand presupposes that this thing will sell out at Michael Jackson levels!! That is what you are arguing for here, Michael Jackson levels.

Edited by DieselDaisy

It also lists the disclaimer about "some pre-sales might be conducted based on membership level and seniority" but otherwise it seems as though the digital membership will indeed grant access.

Weird now they are gonna seperate fans based on how much money they spent there? How does that make someone a bigger fan?
That as well as seniority.

Perhaps it'll be something like people who have the deluxe membership will get first presale, then digital memberships get second presale? Who knows.

It shouldn't be based on how much money you have spent,IMO,rather on how long you have been a member. That's the fair thing to do for people who have been members for a long time while there wasn't much going on. Anyone can join now for the digital membership just to have the right to buy tickets early but basing pre-sales on how long you've been a member will at least,in theory,ensure fans get first crack at tickets before scalpers.

That's not how capitalism works. If have more accounts at my bank, I get better perks. I spend more money on an airline, I get more perks. I pay for 1st class on an airline, I get more perks. I spend more on a certain credit card, I get more perks. It's all about money.

For as little as $10 you could have had digital access and access to the pre-sales. There were also little contests to win things like Axl's autograph which I'm sure means nothing to some of you but to me is pretty cool. I never would have got Coachella tickets/camping passes without the fan club either. I guess I just don't see why anyone else would care what someone wants to do with their money. It's not like anyone is setting up a gofundme to pay for their membership.

• Like 1

With these memberships, I still feel like I'm paying for practically nothing. It's a money-making scheme.

Nighttrain Forum? Not half as awesome as this one, so why bother.

Ticket Presales? I doubt they'd sell out in Europe before I can get them. They even say there might not BE presales for all concerts.

Exclusive content coming soon? Yeah... Soon... And even then what is that even, clips that haven't shown up on YouTube yet?

Select member perks? Seriously, that absolutely says nothing.

These memberships are what I imagine being on the receiving end of violent anal sex feels like.

You can keep your $25,00 towel guys.

At least with the mygnr clubmembership you feel like you're contributing to hard-working people who invest their free time into having a great FREE forum and you get some clear perks. Not supporting Team Three Hour Meeting's lifestyle and getting essentially nothing concrete.

Yup. Perfectly says all the things I'm skeptical about. Was curious to see if longtime members feel the same way.

It also lists the disclaimer about "some pre-sales might be conducted based on membership level and seniority" but otherwise it seems as though the digital membership will indeed grant access.

Weird now they are gonna seperate fans based on how much money they spent there? How does that make someone a bigger fan?
That as well as seniority.

Perhaps it'll be something like people who have the deluxe membership will get first presale, then digital memberships get second presale? Who knows.

It shouldn't be based on how much money you have spent,IMO,rather on how long you have been a member. That's the fair thing to do for people who have been members for a long time while there wasn't much going on. Anyone can join now for the digital membership just to have the right to buy tickets early but basing pre-sales on how long you've been a member will at least,in theory,ensure fans get first crack at tickets before scalpers.

That's not how capitalism works. If have more accounts at my bank, I get better perks. I spend more money on an airline, I get more perks. I pay for 1st class on an airline, I get more perks. I spend more on a certain credit card, I get more perks. It's all about money.

We don't know yet but as far as I can tell,there may be additional perks for those with a deluxe membership but it also looks like there will be perks in terms of Seniority. That's how ticket sales worked in the Pearl Jam fan club anyway. So I give props to the fan club for rewarding not just those who can afford $50+ per year to be in the fan club but also to those who have been there for upwards of four years now regardless of how much they have spent.

I renewed the digital membership for 2016, but it wont let me to the forums, I'm stuck in the https://gunsnroses.wun.io/auth/loop. ... just kees reloading ... regardless of Firefox/Chrome/Opera browser .... :)

Have you sorted it out? The website can be really amateurish and glitchy. The tour page currently looks a mess.

I had a similar problem at first. I had to use Vivaldi for a while, and then it suddenly worked in Firefox.

Yup. Perfectly says all the things I'm skeptical about. Was curious to see if longtime members feel the same way.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks they're selling a big fat pile of maybe's.

To me, its all worth it if the $25 guarantees you pretty good seats to something thats gonna sell out quickly when it goes onsale. I'd be absolutely fine paying that $25 as a guarantee if regular onsale seems like its gonna be a mess.

But like you, I don't care about any of the other extras, so those mean nothing. And if stadiums won't be horrible, I'm fine to save that $25 and just buy regular onsale. $25 might not seem like a lot, but if we're talking $250 a show, I'm trying to save even $3 if I can. Hence my asking if many weren't sure what to do.

Were it still $10 I'd probably just get it and not ask questions. But Guns has a history of fucking things up, and I don't wanna contribute $25 to that if we think this'll be another one of those blunders.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks they're selling a big fat pile of maybe's.

To me, its all worth it if the $25 guarantees you pretty good seats to something thats gonna sell out quickly when it goes onsale. I'd be absolutely fine paying that $25 as a guarantee if regular onsale seems like its gonna be a mess.

But like you, I don't care about any of the other extras, so those mean nothing. And if stadiums won't be horrible, I'm fine to save that $25 and just buy regular onsale. $25 might not seem like a lot, but if we're talking $250 a show, I'm trying to save even $3 if I can. Hence my asking if many weren't sure what to do.

Were it still $10 I'd probably just get it and not ask questions. But Guns has a history of fucking things up, and I don't wanna contribute $25 to that if we think this'll be another one of those blunders.

I would guess that shows in America will sell out more quickly than shows in Europe (particularly The Netherlands). But even then, it's 25 more for an already expensive ticket. And at the moment, you don't even know what band you're getting for that and how they'll sound. Too much uncertainty for me. I'll take my chances, I might not even consider it to be worth 150 euro's or something. I mean, that's Stones money. Would be the most expensive gig I've ever been to. For that, I'd want it to be absolutely top notch.
  • Like 1

Do you believe that, on the day of general release, if I refresh ticketmaster, the second the tickets are released, there will be none left? I'm not really arguing against an arena tour, and to a lesser extent a stadium tour, selling out quickly, but to be so desirous of presales that you pay $25 beforehand presupposes that this thing will sell out at Michael Jackson levels!! That is what you are arguing for here, Michael Jackson levels.

I believe that the tour will sell out very quickly, yes. I've made the clear over and over just as you've stated you believe other wise over and over.

If you'd like to continue the discussion about ticket sales, please take it to one of the many reunion threads of just create a new thread to discuss it. This thread is for people to discuss Nightrain memberships, so we need to stop detailing it now.

Axl made a post before on that forum before? Anyone know what he said?

He said, "hello, anyone here?" Then after a couple minutes he logged off when he didn't get a response.

All kidding aside I get the digital pass, I signed up a few years ago but really just hoping to secure tickets in case they tour the US, specifically in Texas. I think playing Cowboys stadium would be cool. But we'll see what happens, no guarantee on tour yet so I guess the $25 is a cheap price to pay for the hopes of seeing the tour. I think it will be a hot ticket this summer.

Edited by IncitingChaos

I believe that the tour will sell out very quickly, yes. I've made the clear over and over just as you've stated you believe other wise over and over.

If you'd like to continue the discussion about ticket sales, please take it to one of the many reunion threads of just create a new thread to discuss it. This thread is for people to discuss Nightrain memberships, so we need to stop detailing it now.

Considering people have joined, or are discussing whether or not to join, based solely on presales, I should think the demand, or lack of, for general release tickets is quite a pertinent issue - but, fair enough - we'll just agree to disagree!

I would guess that shows in America will sell out more quickly than shows in Europe (particularly The Netherlands). But even then, it's 25 more for an already expensive ticket. And at the moment, you don't even know what band you're getting for that and how they'll sound. Too much uncertainty for me. I'll take my chances, I might not even consider it to be worth 150 euro's or something. I mean, that's Stones money. Would be the most expensive gig I've ever been to. For that, I'd want it to be absolutely top notch.

Yup. My EXACT thoughts.

I'm ready to throw down the big bucks. But for god's sake, do it right. This will be the most expensive concert I've ever seen. And I'm ready for that. But you gotta at least meet me halfway here and give me something. The band members, a confirmation Izzy and Steven at every show, a guarantee they will sound $250 worth of good, a full reunion, Matt Sorum on drums for the whole show, Axl not sounding like absolute piss. Sorry, but you gotta give me SOMETHING, and like you say, when you charge that much you expect the best, which at least people like the Stones and McCartney deliver to an extent.

• Like 1

Bloody hell, the new forum is difficult to read! :blink: And the new membership system is really elitist. Contests and perks for people with the deluxe membership. It used to be that the digital membership gave you the same online perks as the other memberships - you just didn't receive the physical items, like t-shirts etc. That was pretty cool, and fair.

What with shipping to the UK, and import duty, the deluxe membership would cost me a fortune. Plus, my digital membership doesn't expire until September, and apparently if you purchase a new membership it won't add on, but replace.