04/20/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Oh I agree overall no complaints...but that is one thing that really bugs me.   Glad he's at least dropped the "ass in the air" line on YCBM

I don't know if we can consider it fully dropped yet. He seems to just do it when he feels like it.

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

Sitting at work, headphones in, ignoring everyone by watching questionable YouTube videos from the nosebleeds - and loving every minute of it! 

TWAT was just *incredible*

Same here! But as no one is around me I can snake dance in my chair the same way Axl snake dances in Dave's throne :dance:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hellow said:

Hi!

I've been lurking for some good time in these forums but could not resist to sign up anymore. :dance:

So far there is no enough likes that I could give reunited G'NR! That is how awesome they have been.

If I could have one wish for a song to the setlist that would definatly be the Shotgun Blues.  ;)

Heey, welcome!

I would love to see Shotgun Blues too :)

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Oh I agree overall no complaints...but that is one thing that really bugs me.   Glad he's at least dropped the "ass in the air" line on YCBM

I LOVE THAT LINE lol guess it's because my first GnR album was Live Era, so that's the first version of GnR songs I've heard.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dizzykeys said:

I could care less about what people think of the show. I come on here to see/hear clips from the show and hear if anything cool happened that is all. And if you are not a "fan" why would you be on a forum dedicated to a particular band. lol.

*couldn't care less. 

If you didn't care then why did you say you were sick and tired of it?

But that's here nor there. 

Gnr has millions of fans. Over 50,000 people went to the show. With that many people involved you are never going to get 100% agreement on anything. Hell, put seven people together in a room and try and order a pizza or pick a movie that everybody agrees on. 

My main point was just that people have different opinions. Not everybody is just going to praise everything the band does because it's our favorite band. And that's all OK. 

Don't let somebody else's opinion make you mad or get sick and tired about it. 

I don't get all the crying about negative comments and reviews. I've been posting here for 16 years and this is the MOST positive this board has ever been about GnR's performances. People are talking about crying while watching on their phone or saying watching the periscope of a show was the best night of their lives.  To me that is just mind blowing  

The clips sound great to me. Axl sounds on fire. Rotating the set list up a bit. I would have loved to go to the two Mexico shows. GnR is doing pretty much everything the right way   

Bro, if you love what the band is doing then that's all that matters. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Heey, welcome!

I would love to see Shotgun Blues too :)

I LOVE THAT LINE lol guess it's because my first GnR album was Live Era, so that's the first version of GnR songs I've heard.

Thank you!

Have to say that the TWAT version of this gig just get through the roof. It is so far best live version of it what I've seen so far.  I just hope that there exist a more hq video of it. Also would be awesome to have some switch up in setlist between This I love and Street of Dreams. :)

3 hours ago, Download said:

I cant drink the Kool aid

The Chinese tracks..., well, Slash's attempt at them have been awful. The solo was the only damn thing that saved TIL, and Slash just butchers it. Doesn't even attempt it.

TWAT was awful. I realize that is their first time, but still. Practice the shit ffs.

Done being negative. Back to complete awe and disbelief and what I'm actually seeing.

Locomotive needs to be incoming!!!

ZzzZzzZzzzzZzzzzz

• Like 1

I really enjoy everytihng I've heard in this YouTube videos.

The band is on fire, Axl is flawless!

I'm really happy about this reunion. 

If you are looking for errors, you will find.
But it's a live performance.
The vibe is amazing.
Slash is still adjusting the songs from Chinese. But it's OK!
I have nothing to complain about it. 

Cheers from Brazil. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

There is something different about Slash's playing that doesn't feel quite right, or quite "slash". 

Finally the songs are sounding like guns n '  roses and people still complaining... I really don't know what these people want...

• Like 2

They're back. Axl and Slash are sounding killer. Duff is the man. Fortus is doing a great job. Pittman is out. The setlist is outstanding. For me, we just need Izzy and Steven in a couple of songs to this whole thing become a perfect dream!

• Like 1

There's a thread to discuss how you feel about the reunion. IMO, we're passed that. This one should be for discussion about this particular show.

My only complaint is there are very few videos of last night show so far haha It seems like last night's was the best one up till now.

I feel like a proud friend who's known these guys all their lives and is so happy they are kicking serious ass.

12 minutes ago, Slashmatt98 said:

Are we going to get a bootleg out of any of the last few shows? Only ones are the Vegas shows. Does anybody know of bootlegs from coachella and/or the two Mexico shows?? 

Here is Coachella bootleg http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/tracker/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=2f8d9d9256e91dde798337f56f5de0fa418e3add

I really thought TWAT was gonna suck, imo Hammerstein 06 was the only decent time they've done it (and even that wasn't great - but made better because they did it at some Lisbon show in 06 it was DREADFUL) I thought the sound check from Vegas sounded shit too. But I gotta say last nights sounds decent my only complaint is Melissa playing the piano riff of the beginning over the first verse sounds too loud in the mix and out of time. Yesterdays was a nice treat too. I really was expecting this Reunion to be Cashgrab Appetite and the UYI hits and they've exceeded by expectations. The only cherry on top missing for me is Locomotive/Bad Apples and Dead Horse. 

Just listening to Knocking on Heavens door.

Someone mentioined its like the 2006, and they are right. In 2006 he was throwing in so many improve lines and this current version is the same, so many raspy sounding improvs and constant mixing up of vocal delivery, last night was very different again in the way he sang it.

I have to say there was also a wicked cool groove going on during the Axl-Audience section.

4 minutes ago, Binge_And_Slash said:

I really thought TWAT was gonna suck, imo Hammerstein 06 was the only decent time they've done it (and even that wasn't great - but made better because they did it at some Lisbon show in 06 it was DREADFUL) I thought the sound check from Vegas sounded shit too. But I gotta say last nights sounds decent my only complaint is Melissa playing the piano riff of the beginning over the first verse sounds too loud in the mix and out of time. Yesterdays was a nice treat too. I really was expecting this Reunion to be Cashgrab Appetite and the UYI hits and they've exceeded by expectations. The only cherry on top missing for me is Locomotive/Bad Apples and Dead Horse. 

Hammerstein was the only time Axl has sung Twat effortlessly but he bailed on the first screams and BBF didn't know the solo well.. It sucks that he can always pull out the screams but all those mid-range verses are clearly a pig for him. Sad that we'll never get a really great live Twat. We need his monitor mix from Hammerstein to mash with something else. And yeah, Lisbon was something else lol. 

I'm so amazed Slash stuck really close to Bucket's solo. So cool.