11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

A real band through quite a bit of compromise but cmon.. Axl owns the name. This could all go to hell and Guns N' Roses could hypothetically perform again, if Axl wanted to. He would never give up the name. So slash and duff learned Chinese songs on their own but it's not like they're bringing their own seperate solo material into it. Axl was compromising with the new guns or at least according to Tommy he was so.. it's the same thing. It's a bigger pay scale for slash and duff. I'm just saying It's clear Axl has the final signature but of course they're all compromising to a point. 

Also, you have to remember that slash and duff didn't vote on band members. They took on who was there

Axl owns the name but Slash and Duff still have rights to the classic branding/merchandising/G N' R as a business entity, etc.  That's why the first thing you saw when they reunited was the classic bullet logo.  That wasn't a coincidence.

This is similar the legal partnership they formed during Illusions. (A hybrid of it or possibly the same one) This is the real band. 

And yes, of course they are bringing their own material into it.  TIL solo is completely redone.  Better is completely redone.  Chinese Democracy has also been added to....all by Slash and Duff.  Duff sings his song during the set as does Slash do his iconic Godfather Solo.  Do you think they would be doing Coma if Slash and Duff weren't in the band?

This band has ZERO resemblance to the way Nu Guns functioned.  And it's not even close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GnR_Stockholm said:

What's goin on??? ONE song for Steven?

I was at show. I'm convinced that was the Steven reaction too. After OTGM ends, Slash inmediatly started to play Wish you were here, Steven stood up and raised his arms like "WTF?????"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Axl owns the name but Slash and Duff still have rights to the classic branding/merchandising/G N' R as a business entity, etc.  That's why the first thing you saw when they reunited was the classic bullet logo.  That wasn't a coincidence.

This is similar the legal partnership they formed during Illusions. (A hybrid of it or possibly the same one) This is the real band. 

And yes, of course they are bringing their own material into it.  TIL solo is completely redone.  Better is completely redone.  Chinese Democracy has also been added to....all by Slash and Duff.  Duff sings his song during the set as does Slash do his iconic Godfather Solo.  Do you think they would be doing Coma if Slash and Duff weren't in the band?

This band has ZERO resemblance to the way Nu Guns functioned.  And it's not even close.

Well it is similar in that they are playing material created by nu guns. It's also similar as slash is replacing a guy or guys who left. Same with Duff. Same with Melissa.like it or not no one was kicked to the curb.  And again, they didn't vote on the band. Slash and duff got Matt sorum. Slash and duff recruited Gilby Clarke. Axl may have gotten dizzy Reed but, they didn't vote on Richard fortus. They didn't vote on Frank Ferrer. They probably didn't vote on Melissa Reese as she was involved with Axl and the Chinese remixes.  Great they have solo spots. Bumblefoot had the pink panther and dj had his ballad of death. Buckethead had Star Wars. Robin had massagio or whatever it was called. Tommy had his owns songs and spots too. It's the same thing. The issue and point being made is that their own specific material outside of anything labeled gnr hasn't come to fruition. 

You make some good points.. but it still points to Axl having the final say. It wasn't a dictatorship before and it's not like now because Axl is allowing slash and duff to decide the set list that things have massively changed. 

12 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Maybe we can get a reenactment "Hug part 2"... this place will lose it :lol:

Well I guess it never happened <_<

Edited by Billsfan

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Well it is similar in that they are playing material created by nu guns. It's also similar as slash is replacing a guy or guys who left. Same with Duff. Same with Melissa. And again, they didn't vote on the band. Slash and duff got Matt sorum. Slash and duff recruited Gilby Clarke. Axl may have gotten dizzy Reed but, they didn't vote on Richard fortus. They didn't vote on Frank Ferrer. They probably didn't vote on Melissa Reese as she was involved with Axl and the Chinese remixes. 

You make some good points.. but it still points to Axl having the final say. It wasn't a dictatorship before and it's not like now because Axl is allowing slash and duff to decide the set list that things have massively changed. 

Slash and Duff aren't idiots.  They're not going to come in and start demanding that they get all new band members....lol. Legally, they probably could but why would they do that?  For starters, Axl probably wouldn't agree to it and there wouldn't be a reunion.  So Slash and Duff went with it.  And from my understanding, they all liked everyone else in the band from the beginning.   So why rock the boat?

And from my understanding, Melissa also had connections to Slash prior to getting hired by G N' R so I'm sure Slash had some say in that decision.

He flew all the way to Argentina for one song? Jesus, give the guy all the appetite songs at the very least. Having Adler guest like that is the equivalent of having Ringo play one song for The Beatles, some other wanker playing the rest. Adler is a guest at his own band!! It is just odd.

• Like 2

Without reiterating what's already been said but... 1 song for Steven SUCKS!!! It's utterly unfair to him.... Hoping to see 2 songs from him on second show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But... what more sucks.....is

WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR SLASH AXL AND DUFF TO LET STEVEN STAND AMONG THEM WHEN THEY BOW??

I cannot even...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Its funny.. up until two years ago we were watching video of guns with DJ Ashba, Bumble, Pitman and Tommy.

now people are complaining and crying that steven only gets to do one song with duff and slash.

these whiners are just a perfect example of how greedy, fastpaced and delusional our society is. Nothing is enough, it always needs to be more and better. Some of you people are seriously fucked up. The ones sitting on your fat asses behind your laptops arent the ones who this is all about. You are not important, nobody gives a fuck about what you say or what you want. Life is too short to be constantly nitpicking and whining. In two years, this could all be over and what have you done in the meantime? Cried about every little thing execept enjoyed this historic moment.

i am really ashamed that some of you are of the same species.

Fucking damn straight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Slash and Duff aren't idiots.  They're not going to come in and start demanding that they get all new band members....lol. Legally, they probably could but why would they do that?  For starters, Axl probably wouldn't agree to it and there wouldn't be a reunion.  So Slash and Duff went with it.  And from my understanding, they all liked everyone else in the band from the beginning.   So why rock the boat?

And from my understanding, Melissa also had connections to Slash prior to getting hired by G N' R so I'm sure Slash had some say in that decision.

This is just a classic, I will regurgitate something with absolutely no real evidence, you are entirely wrong about Melissa.... This entire thread is so fucking whiny and pathetic on the most parts. Most of you and your little theoretical insights are talking the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard. Get some perspective on this thing and maybe spend a little less time in front of the computer. I can't be bothered to read any more of this drivel,in this once again, hijacked thread.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

People whining about people whining . If you do not like what you hear, either offer up a rebuttal or ignore the post. Has everybody got to agree? The place would be terribly boring if that was so.

Errr pay attention and try not to contradict yourself, If you are going to use vocabulary such as 'rebuttal' I suggest looking up its definition. You obviously struggle with the simple concept that this thread is NOT about the perpetual moaning about Adler/Frank/Set Lists/Periscope behaviour. This isn't about agreeing or the merits of debating valid and interesting points, this is about the tedium of sifting through 47 pages of mostly moaning and bullshit in order to find out what the show was like (really like).

• Like 2

I just got home...the steven thing was pretty sad...he was ready to start my michelle, and suddenly slash starts wish you were here...the whole thing seemed very forced..

I'm a little worried about axl, he was struggling very hard on some songs, even on OTGM and nightrain...

On the other hand, it was amazing to hear coma ( the bass was a thunder) and slash is at the top of his game...

Im very tired now its 6am here, but overall it was a dream come true..

To be continued tomorrow..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Errr pay attention and try not to contradict yourself, If you are going to use vocabulary such as 'rebuttal' I suggest looking up its definition. You obviously struggle with the simple concept that this thread is NOT about the perpetual moaning about Adler/Frank/Set Lists/Periscope behaviour. This isn't about agreeing or the merits of debating valid and interesting points,

Adler has just played one song, one less than the customary two, and seeing that some people already believe he should be drumming more, it is fairly easy to see why that argument has arisen at this particular moment. And the setlist is the exact same as every other despite reports of 'Perfect Crime' being rehearsed, which is why the setlist thing has arisen.

Everything infact is pertinent to this thread.

I do not see what is incorrect about my lexicographical choice either. 

6 minutes ago, swishtz said:

this is about the tedium of sifting through 47 pages of mostly moaning and bullshit in order to find out what the show was like (really like).

Every show is virtually identical so there is not even a need! If there has been a drastic setlist change for instance, there will already be a new thread, e.g. ''Perfect Crime played''.

• Like 4