What's your favourite Slash solo thus far in the NITL tour?

Apart from his own songs, I would say he made the solo of Sorry much better, he even did a great job for the catcher solo. The TIL solo is also getting better.

TWAT solo was weird and even the solo of Better is still weird to me. 

Im happy now the GNR songs sound like how they should.

• Like 1

When I was at the show on Wednesday the definite highlights for me were the solos in Coma, Godfather Theme (Speak Softly Love), the solo in Catcher In The Rye (still needs some polishing, but it sounded great), the solos in Estranged were my favorites from the show though.

Not much of a periscope viewer myself so l can't really comment for any other shows. I will be seeing them again at Metlife on Saturday, so I'll edit my comment after I go to that show.

Edited by JimmyPage
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Mine has to be Slash's solo on Sorry. More specifically his take at Gillette Stadium:

I just wish there was a higher quality version of this performance.

What's your favourite Slash solo?

Thanks mate been looking for his best Sorry so far. I actually just came on here to look through the streams for it :thumbsup:

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

Duh, I forgot TiL.

Despite some spotty performances in April, that song has become one of Slash's best solos EVER imo. The versions I saw at both stadium shows I attended were absolutely monsterous. Detroit's was a little more melodic, and Chicago night 2's was fast and intense. Just great note choice and tone.

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Holy fuck that Sorry solo is amazing. Better than the studio cut imo. Wow

True, it gives life to the song, the studio version was just meh.....but this one is really nice and melodic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

True, it gives life to the song, the studio version was just meh.....but this one is really nice and melodic. 

I like Buckets solo a slot, but Slash really did great in the Boston version

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I like Buckets solo a slot, but Slash really did great in the Boston version

I would like to see Slash's take on the Shacklers solo, really till now I don't get which Solo belongs to Ron and which to Bucket, but I hope Slash makes the screeching solo in to a melodic one, but I have a feeling that they might make Fortus do that solo. 

23 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I would like to see Slash's take on the Shacklers solo, really till now I don't get which Solo belongs to Ron and which to Bucket, but I hope Slash makes the screeching solo in to a melodic one, but I have a feeling that they might make Fortus do that solo. 

I'd love to hear them do Shacklers and Maddy. Lot of potential to really change those upside down

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'd love to hear them do Shacklers and Maddy. Lot of potential to really change those upside down

I would love to seem them doing Madagascar too, but I don't think so there would be any changes to the solo cause Fortus has been doing Bucket's Solo since quite a few years so I don't think so Slash will do that solo. 

Estranged has got to be up there..

And people go nuts every time he busts out and Appetite solo.. Even little ones like It's So Easy, Out Ta Get me and Brownstone..

The guy has just been on fire since the Stadium tour took off. Melting peoples faces off...

• Like 3

Normally the Nightrain solo is my favorite one. The Nightrain solos on this tour that I heard so far are a bit overplayed IMO. 

I wouldn't say the CD solos are his best work but I'm excited about those solos, especially about TIL and Sorry because they're the only "new music" we've got so far from the reunion.

The same way I'm excited about to hear Axl sing Slither, Anastasia or something like that. That doesn't mean this will be his best vocal performance.