GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

49 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

GNR's likely to do another residency and small-ish UCAP shows in the future, and Izzy wanting a bigger piece of the pie would be fine for those gigs. I'm sure if it was up to Duff he'd prefer Sorum over Ferrer and want Izzy there, but he's not going to take a pay cut from these stadium tours to make it happen, with the time spent in rehearsing, crew, setlist debates, etc. However if they do a few nights at Hollywood Bowl and Izzy wants a payday, sure, why not. Just an opinion. 

This version of the band will never do a residency where they would gross a few hundred K (at best) per night when they are being guaranteed 3-5 mil per show now doing stadiums and arenas.

Just not going to happen .

13 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

This version of the band will never do a residency where they would gross a few hundred K (at best) per night when they are being guaranteed 3-5 mil per show now doing stadiums and arenas.

Just not going to happen .

Never say never. A third residency in Vegas would be cool.

23 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Never say never. A third residency in Vegas would be cool.

It would be cool as heck.  But like Tsinidy said, Las Vegas residencies (for the most part) are where acts go to retire.

This version of the band is once again "mega super star" status...they will be among the top grossing (if not the top) grossing rock band this year and there are no signs of them slowing down.  And even if they decided to stop touring, they still wouldn't do a residency because it would be "below" their level.  They've made enough from this tour already that any one of the 3 could easily retire now if they wanted.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Fahh Q.... I mean congratulations ;) Atleast there will be 1 more real GnR fan there...

I'm interested to see the crowd. I imagine it will be a mix of die hards, people who got given tickets and don't care that much, and celebrities. 

4 hours ago, alfierose said:

Congrats. Now you've told us this you have a duty to provide updates, photo's, a review and even a livestream. :P

I'll definitely check in, likely after. I saw them twice last summer. The first time I was on the rail in the put on slashs side. I got great pics and video, but I regretted focusing on stuff with my phone. Glad to have the memories though. 

1 hour ago, charliehoodger said:

That's fucking awesome man, congrats. Once in a lifetime thing. Who emailed You? Sirius?

My buddy got the tickets through a connection he has. It's literally the only time in my life I've backed into something because of who I know haha 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrw80 said:

Just got confirmation.  Buddy of mine has some connections to Sirius.  I'm in total shock. No idea what to expect, but should be a really special night. 

Holy CRAP !

Congrats!!

At least there's 1 of us too, right! ;-D

20 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

According to the rules on the XM website, they are only giving out two tickets to the contest winner. I wonder who all of the other tickets go to... I figured at least half of the tickets (or more than two!) would be given out by XM. 

That really sucks! So Sirius gives out 2 tix and I believe nightrain is giving 8. 10 people out of the 1500 or so who are actually fans. What a rip!

1 hour ago, Strekoza said:

Guys, if anyone has an extra spot to this I am from New York and really want to go! :-)

And I am in Boston and will call into work and drive there in time as long as I have a 5 hours notice..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

According to the rules on the XM website, they are only giving out two tickets to the contest winner. I wonder who all of the other tickets go to... I figured at least half of the tickets (or more than two!) would be given out by XM. 

It's a little unclear.  The rules say they will give one grand prize that includes round trip airfare, hotel and 2 front row tickets.  It doesn't say if other people that entered will be chosen to purchase tickets or be given just tickets without the travel package.

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

It's a little unclear.  The rules say they will give one grand prize that includes round trip airfare, hotel and 2 front row tickets.  It doesn't say if other people that entered will be chosen to purchase tickets or be given just tickets without the travel package.

I hope you're correct, however, what made me think there is only one prize was this part of their contest rules:

Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $4,950.) (Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $4,950.) 

21 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

I hope you're correct, however, what made me think there is only one prize was this part of their contest rules:

Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $4,950.) (Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $4,950.) 

Good point.  Of course, if they choose people that can purchase tickets then there isn't any retail value for those "prizes."

10 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Good point.  Of course, if they choose people that can purchase tickets then there isn't any retail value for those "prizes."

True. Is that how they've done other subscriber events? I recall entering for a few other contests (since the venues seem to usually be in NY) but this is the only one I've paid much attention to. 

Maybe they will give some more out on the new gnr channel when it launches. 

SiriusXM has invited many subscribers to the show.  They have been told to show up to the Apollo at a specified time 2 days before to pick up their tickets.  I think the one you are referring to is for a separate contest for the show.