How important are they to you?

4 minutes ago, EricA said:

OMG you're cheating on Duff:wow:

I will be at the other venue, you know because of:slash:, and because i've never seen Izzy+Steven !

:drool::axl92: 

I would hate myself for not going to see the others but he didn t say that both concerts took place only once. so the next gig I would travel and see Duff :heart: and Steven :dance:

I dont wanna be in the situation to choose and have to cheat on duff and the other guys :monkey: 

you and your slash :heart::P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Present day. Everything else is a mystery so that you have to see them to find out whats up.

Hmm... that's a bit of a dilemma. Seeing Axl is always interesting and thrilling (both in a good and bad way) and Axl doing solo stuff, away from the Gn'R banner is something I've always wanted to see. Which is why I'm leaning towards him.

But at the same time, seeing Izzy live is like catching a rare Pokemon and how could I pass that up?! :confused:

Edited by KiraMPD

4 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

There is trouble in imaginary world. They aren't together anymore as Guns N Roses. Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven are together touring as a group and Axl finally went out on his own as a solo artist. They are both in your city the same night performing in different venues at the same time.You know nothing of the setlist because its both of their first stop on tour. Axl won't be late : ) Who do you go see.

obviously i choose GNR

Edited by ludurigan

This scenario already happened twice, in 2007 and 2012 at the Hall of Fame. Did you all love it?

I choose Axl even if he wants to bring Mickey along. Doesn't matter.

Edited by Marie82

5 minutes ago, Marie82 said:

This scenario already happened twice, in 2007 and 2012 at the Hall of Fame. Did you all love it?

Izzy wasn't in the Hall of Fame.

Anyway I'd go see Axl. With Slash, Duff Izzy and Steven, I'd know for sure that I'd be getting some bluesy rock n' roll, which is cool of course. But if Axl went solo, I don't know what I'd get. Some orchestral cinematic music? Industrial stuff? Or something totally different? I would be curious like crazy to know what he's gonna do.

Axl. If he goes solo, that gives him a lot more freedom to do what he wants. I'd be more interested to hear what he can do without trying to live up to the GN'R name. Plus, assuming Myles is singing, I wouldn't want to hear it. I like what he does with Slash, but I really don't like how he sings Guns songs. Stuff like Easy or the screams on Jungle or LALD wouldn't sound right with Myles. 

5 hours ago, Marie82 said:

no. izzy, slash, duff and steven were never onstage together after april 4 1990

4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Izzy wasn't in the Hall of Fame.

Anyway I'd go see Axl. With Slash, Duff Izzy and Steven, I'd know for sure that I'd be getting some bluesy rock n' roll, which is cool of course. But if Axl went solo, I don't know what I'd get. Some orchestral cinematic music? Industrial stuff? Or something totally different? I would be curious like crazy to know what he's gonna do.

i guess there is a huge chance that you may end up getting appetite plus november rain, you coud be mine, patience, those 4 covers and those 5 songs from his solo album

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Axl. If he goes solo, that gives him a lot more freedom to do what he wants. I'd be more interested to hear what he can do without trying to live up to the GN'R name. Plus, assuming Myles is singing, I wouldn't want to hear it. I like what he does with Slash, but I really don't like how he sings Guns songs. Stuff like Easy or the screams on Jungle or LALD wouldn't sound right with Myles. 

there is no way izzy, duff and steven would allow myles any proximity with this. slash is probably the one person among them that can see anything good about miles singing.

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Axl. If he goes solo, that gives him a lot more freedom to do what he wants. I'd be more interested to hear what he can do without trying to live up to the GN'R name

he just did that: its called chinese democracy.

and it takes one listen to verify that he was not even remotely trying to live up to anything that remotely reminds GNR

i dont think that there will ever be another artist with more complete freedom (and power, i.e. money at will, to hire whoever the fuck he wants to play along with him) in the history of the music business than axl rose in 1996

9 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

There is trouble in imaginary world. They aren't together anymore as Guns N Roses. Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven are together touring as a group and Axl finally went out on his own as a solo artist. They are both in your city the same night performing in different venues at the same time.You know nothing of the setlist because its both of their first stop on tour. Axl won't be late : ) Who do you go see.

They'd never do this, even in an imaginary world, so I go and see both. ;)

Fuck me that's a difficult question, one of the best I've seen on the forums in a while tbh :) I'd go Izzy, just because it's Izzy, and his live appearances are much much rarer than Axls - even more so if we're talking about him possibly playing a song or two from his solo albums.

I would be intrigued to hear what Axl as a solo artist would release, just not enough to pass up a potential Izzy gig

• Like 1

Given that

- I've seen the UYI lineup (with Izzy), Velvet Revolver and NuGn'R in 2006 with Izzy guesting

- I'd like to see Steven (the only one of the 5 I haven't yet), but only with Gn'R, i.e. the whole original band or at least the current lineup

what would weigh more for me in this imaginary situation would be the curiosity for the unknown/the surprise factor. A crucial thing would be the possibility of hearing brand new material. If the dilemma is just who I'd prefer to see playing Gn'R songs, the answer would probably be: none* (since none would be Gn'R).

Now, assuming that they both would have something new to present:

In the case of the Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven band, even though I wouldn't know the set and the songs, I'd have a pretty good idea of what to expect (good music, but no surprise). As for the singer: I wouldn't be much curious/interested in who it would be, as at this moment there's no known singer alive that would make me wonder what it'd be like to see him/her with the guys (or think that I'd like to see him/her); and the thought that in the end it would most likely be Myles makes it less interesting and attractive for me. Unless... it would be just the 4 of them and Izzy did the leading vocals - that I'd like to see.

Axl... On one hand, his voice is not at its best and what he's done so far musically might hint to something. On the other, I wouldn't really know what kind of music he's into the most currently: it seems he's still into CD stuff, but would he do something in the same directions again? - ballads most likely he'd do, but industrial/nu metal-ish... doubtful; at the same time, he enjoyed playing with AC/DC; also, he's talked about instrumentals/soundtracks if he went solo. And no, Axl solo is not the same as NuGn'R (even if it wouldn't be called "Gn'R"). With NuGn'R/a new band with "whatnot name" you'd know you'd see him with a band; but solo, he could be with an accompanying band, an orchestra (:lol:) or just a piano, singing or not.

*There are some additional factors I'd take into consideration, like type of venue and ticket price. If they both were playing at a stadium, I probably wouldn't go see none. If they both played in smaller venues, it would be Axl (provided he'd have something new - otherwise it'd be the 4 if the price was reasonable).

Edited by Blackstar