Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, D.Z.I. said:

I think a throwback would be re-releasing the bad apples t-shirt (which is pretty cool).

This pumpkin one is a rip-off of themselves, the only things they changed are the writing on the banner, added the pumpking pieces to the existing apple, and painted it orange. It’s so badly done and it sucks so much that the pumpkin they added to doesn’t even match the lines of the existing apple (specially noticeable at the top right where they painted the red apple peel orange).

Last time Fernando was here, all he wanted to talk about was his involvment in this kind of stuff, proud of his work, patting himself on the back...

I better shut up now or i’ll get in shit –again– for not choking on Fernando’s cock.

How the hell can you rip off or plagiarize yourself? A person is free to use whatever they made before. What they did is a definition of a throwback.. This is because it consists of majority of the elements of what they did before, while inserting some new things in order to fit the Halloween occasion. I don't understand when you said that "they added to doesn’t even match the lines of the existing apple". From what I understand, You're also contradicting yourself a lot. You mentioned that you don't agree with the face that they are using an old product, and you disagreeing that you don't like that they changed it up? Or, are you referring to the fact it isn't done technically well? I don't see any problems with it - other than it is done in the same hand-drawn style as the previous shirt (which wasn't technically done well as well). Therefore, I think it was intentional, and hence, a throwback. My only gripe about the shirt is the fact that GnR is releasing Halloween products...

Anyway, I would love if I can find this shirt or if GnR re-releases in its original form! Why don't they make merch like this anymore? D:

tumblr_oc0jygtGjF1uw2kreo10_r1_640.jpg

Edited by thomlarke
spelling mistake

57 minutes ago, thomlarke said:

How the hell can you rip off or plagiarize yourself? A person is free to use whatever they made before. What they did is a definition of a throwback.. This is because it consists of majority of the elements of what they did before, while inserting some new things in order to fit the Halloween occasion. I don't understand when you said that "they added to doesn’t even match the lines of the existing apple". From what I understand, You're also contradicting yourself a lot. You mentioned that you don't agree with the face that they are using an old product, and you disagreeing that you don't like that they changed it up? Or, are you referring to the fact it isn't done technically well? I don't see any problems with it - other than it is done in the same hand-drawn style as the previous shirt (which wasn't technically done well as well). Therefore, I think it was intentional, and hence, a throwback. My only gripe about the shirt is the fact that GnR is releasing Halloween products...

Anyway, I would love if I can find this shirt or if GnR re-releases in its original form! Why don't they make merch like this anymore? D:

tumblr_oc0jygtGjF1uw2kreo10_r1_640.jpg

Maybe i didn’t explain myself properly... my bad.

Look at the original apple, specifically look at the top part (in red, the part with the peel on), it has lines that go from the stem and go down. Now look at the pumpkin. You see the same lines, the only difference is the colour, orange instead of red, right? Pay attention to the brand new added pumpkin on either side. The lines that form the shape of the pumpkin don’t match the lines of the apple. They didn’t even bother fix that. Maybe the apple/pumpkin hybrid is part of the whole concept? FrankenPumpkin?

I don’t mind Halloween GNR art, or Christmas, or even Thanksgiving or Valentine’s for that matter, i think it’s a chance to be creative and come up with cool designs, I can –and do– appreciate the art/design beyond the commercial aspect of it. In this case, it’s extremely lazy, and a throwback if you will instead of a rip-off, but it’s not even well executed. So the art and design aspects are out the window and all we’re left with is a desperate attempt to cash-in on the flavour of the season.

And I’ve always loved that one tshirt you just posted. I always thought that the guns poking out of the skull’s eye sockets were hipodermic needles... now I see they are not. Or maybe I’m confusing it with another old GNR skull design with needles? I’m not sure.

And yeah, you can totally rip-off yourself! ACDC have been doing it for ages! Lol

Edited by D.Z.I.

9 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

Shit, even "Pumpkin Patch City" would have been acceptable.

At the same time, I guess we should be happy it wasn't "It's So Easy to carve a pumpkin with the Official Guns N' Roses GnFnCarver, on sale now for just $49.99.  Collectors edition with Haunted Hay Ride Flyer and pumpkin tattoos, available for just $199.99.

Haha, dont give Fernando any more crazy ideas!

Pumpkin Patch City would've been way better!:headbang:

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Instead of 'Welcome to the Patch', which is corny as hell, they should have had 'Down on the Farm'. At least then, it could be worn as more than a cheap Halloween product.

Down on the Farm! Yes! So true, Id never even heard of Halloween based merch - other then costumes.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, wasted said:

A raconteur with stories piled as high as the mountains of coke he did. I wonder on what date the perm died. 

The perm death is one of great mysterious to discover about an GNR member, i put this the same level the Bermuda Triangle..:lol:

• Haha 4