Guns N' Roses nominated for rock n' roll hall of fame

Rovim

Why would I want GN'R inducted? Axl won't show up in the same room as Slash, let alone play with him.

It would be an embarrassment to see only half the band there and no Axl. How are they supposed to play?

Do like Van Halen and have another band play thier songs because all the members aren't there? No Thanks.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot take any RnR institution seriously that does not acknowledge Rush.

Is it or is it not legit? I really don't care. All I care about is watching the train wreck unfold lol.

this will be the Clusterfuck to redefine clusterfucks :rofl-lol:

The cluster fuck to end ALL clusterfucks...yes... :lol:

haha, I don't know about that one. Van Halen's trainwreck was about as bad as it gets. The only way to top that would be if Axl agrees to a reunion, then has a meltdown on stage and gets into a fight with Slash. :lol:

If Axl DOES show up, bank it...haha.

Edited by Nintari

If these guys get in on the first ballot, this will be the TRAIN WRECK TO END ALL TRAIN WRECKS!

I hope they televise it :rofl-lol: Maybe a PPV special?

Fuse will prob. televise it, but last year edited it down and showed it a month after the ceremony. They aired it live for a couple of years. The museum in Cleveland has shown it live since the beginning as far as I know.

No way will Axl show up. With or without Slash.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing but then another poster pointed out how much it would likely piss Axl off that Slash would be representing GNR and now I'm not so sure. After the "chats", and the guitar hero fiasco, do you really think Axl would want Slash representing Guns N Roses in front of the whole world? It's a tough call.

Edited by Nintari

No way will Axl show up. With or without Slash.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing but then another poster pointed out how much it would likely piss Axl off that Slash would be representing GNR and now I'm not so sure. After the "chats", and the guitar hero fiasco, do you really think Axl would want Slash representing Guns N Roses in front of the whole world? It's a tough call.

I think he'd rather have Slash "represent" GNR in a hall of fame most people think is full of shit, then to stand with him on stage.

GNR won't get in on the first try, if Alice Cooper took 40 years to get in and he pretty much invented theatrics, Kiss isn't in and they pretty much invented Pyro. GNR will eventually get in but probably not for another 10 years. RHCP deseve to be in, they play a style no one else has been able to make popular. That alone deserves them being in....plus always playing naked should get them in for sure

Yeah, they only take five and there is pretty good competition. I think GNR may be on the outside looking in.

I think these are locks:

Donovan

Joan Jett

Chaka Khan

Eric B and Rakim

So that leaves one spot and I think it'll probably go to the Beastie Boys or The RHCP.

You never know year by year who's got it locked, but I know when Madonna was inducted and she had The Stooges singing her songs, it was all about them being passed over for induction. Say what you want about her, that was a very cool thing for her to do.

I don't get The Small Faces/The Faces. Rod Stewart doesn't need another trophy, neither does Ron Wood. They should do Small Faces/Humble Pie. Marriott was a powerhouse of a singer and def. should be in there.

Joan Jett - She has a really good chance because of the Runaways movie and still out there on the road.

Elton John was a huge influence in getting Leon Russell inducted, and here he is with Elvis Costello discussing Laura Nyro as an influence on his music. And I think with all the people who have covered her songs, being a "cult" artist, but being one of the first in that whole female "confessional singer-songwriter" genre that Joni switched to do AFTER her. It'll be between her and Donovan on the singer-songwriter angle, but after watching this, odds are in her favor.

Heart - maybe with Nancy being married to a former Rolling Stone writer and knowing a lot of the people on the committee will put them in the running.

Freddie King - might get in because that turns into "overlooked blues artist", but he's been dead since '76. Might be a record label push/reissue just to stir up interest in his music, and some namedropping by Clapton in interviews.

The Cure - Big if on them this year. Not too many bands from the "new wave" have been up in the running... Blondie and Elvis Costello are in.

Chili Peppers have new music out so they're fresh in peoples' minds, and they usually get Grammy nominations. Good possibility of them getting in.

Beastie Boys - also fresh in peoples' memories with new music and that 20 minute mini movie. License to Ill is going to be 25 years old, so at least they didn't try to get them in on their punk rock music.

If Axl doesn't show up, it is pretty much guarenteed that Steven Adler will trash him on TV. Also, no way they play. After being offered millions I doubt they are gonna do it for some lame watered-down ceremony. They have more to gain by just fucking the whole thing up.

Axl won't go even if Slash doesn't go. Axl just doesn't want to be in the spotlight. He never gives any interviews, never did any promoting when CD came out, never did any promoting for the tour and, hell, it's a rarity for anyone to even see him in the US. I would be absolutely shocked if he went. It'll likely be Slash and co. without him if they get in.

Axl won't go even if Slash doesn't go. Axl just doesn't want to be in the spotlight. He never gives any interviews, never did any promoting when CD came out, never did any promoting for the tour and, hell, it's a rarity for anyone to even see him in the US. I would be absolutely shocked if he went. It'll likely be Slash and co. without him if they get in.

Don't be ridiculous. Of course Axl will be there, he is the genius behind Guns N' Roses.

Besides, who would sing There Was A Time at the induction ceremony if he is not there?

your logic is flawless.

Slash will definitely be there for the cameras. Duff will be there to develop contacts in his new field of finance. Izzy will be there out of fear of missing something. Steven will be there for the backstage coke. Axl will be watching a basketball game somewhere.

I know you meant that post to sound disrespectful to the other members but in that scenario Axl is the one who would look pathetic.

Funny how GNR being a nominee to the HOF is being censored at HTGTH by Pig Vomit. What an asshole.

y'know, i was a member of that forum for a long time, though i hardly ever posted. i made a post that said i didn't like a certain song, and the post was deleted within a few hours.

i feel a bit silly i never really noticed the censorship before, but hey, it is what it is. i deleted my account.

but can we blame him, really? i mean, imagine you're a preacher, and one day, jesus shows up and starts talking to you. aren't you going to try to stay on jesus' good side, no matter how much of a censoring, delusional prick that it makes you look to the rest of the world?

the kiss-ass sycophants throwing penance at your feet, indeed.

I think the current line-up.... you know Guns N' Roses the band should be inducted and perform. All former members chose to quit / get fired have missed the boat.

That is just ridiculous

IF GnR even make it in this year, my bet is that Slash & Steven show up, and if Matt Sorum is included I think he would show up too. VR performing? Last I knew they still don't have a singer (imo, instead of doing another solo album, Slash should just give the spot to Myles Kennedy and let him front VR, but that's another discussion).

Slash should just give the spot to Myles Kennedy and let him front VR

Myles doesn't want the gig, otherwise he would be the lead singer of the band.

Thankfully the HOF is going to take the decision out of Axl's hands about who is going to be there, and who will be inducted as GNR when the time finally comes.

It will be embarrassing for Axl on a certain level that his entire line-up is going to get the Gary Cherone treatment (from when Van Halen was inducted) while Slash will be up there as the definitive GNR guitarist no matter how big a knot Axl twists his panties into.

Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven will likely be the line-up that is officially inducted, and they will all be there (we don't know if Axl will be there I guess).

This whole thing is a nightmare for him (hence Beta giving marching orders to the HTGTH gestapo to pretend it is not happening) because he has no control over it. He can't even enjoy what should be the crowning achievement of his career because it will cause him such pain to see Slash officially immortalized as the GNR guitarist, while his current band will have to buy tickets for anyone to even know they're there.