Why is Axl missing on most of the group photos?

Yeah, I wondered why Axl wasn't in any of the pictures either. The Hard Rock had a huge poster outside the venue and all the guys were in that one. There was also a small window with different items that belonged to the members of the band, but Axl's clothes and his awesome car were front and center of the hotel.

I mean mostly every picture there is of the original members, every member was always there.

I don't think Axl is showing that he and GNR are really a band, but not appearing in photos and like you said, hanging after the show with fans.

But then again, I've been to Meet and Greets and sometimes only certain people show up and others don't, so it's not just Axl.

Last year, I went to the "Vampire Diaries" convention and there was an after party, but neither lead actors attended the party. also after saying hello to fans, they did their own thing. I mean what could you possible talk to them about after awhile" lol

I think it would get out of control if Axl were to attend a meet and greet or he would have to be in his own room.

When I met Alice Cooper and John Carpenter at a horror convention, they had their own room and their own security. You can't be too safe.

I've been of two minds about this in the past. Sometimes I think it's just ridiculous that Axl isn't there for all Guns N' Roses related business. Other times I think maybe the idea is to get the other guys faces out there. If Axl were there, maybe it would just make him the focal point, thus pushing further the "It's just Axl and some other guys" thing.

That is a good point. He knows that he'll be the center of attention if he shows up.

I think the reason most people think that picture is embarrassing is the fact that none of them were part of Paradise City. Imagine if Slash rejoined the band this year and started posing with pictures that reflected TWAT or Catcher or Better. That sounds utterly ridiculous..........but it's what the current band is doing, and what a small minority of people on this forum think is cool and an OK thing to do.

Hard to say. I think it's ridiculous that he's not at the meet and greets and hardly ever with the band for photo's or promos. He went thru an extraordinary amount of trouble to retain the GnR name, you would think he would put a little more care in promoting and moving the band forward.

He has said in interviews that he doesn't agree with paid meet and greets and told how he felt about charging fans for things like that. Meet&greets are usually arranged by the promoters, record companies, or management. Not the artist himself.

Then why not just do free ones? Why not hang out after the show for an hour to chat with fans?

And are you saying that Axl doesn't have a say in whether or not the paid meet/greets happen? That he has NO say in it, and that it's all the promoters and Team Brazil's doing? Seriously?

The band clearly liked the idea. Axl didn't, so he doesn't show up.

But it would be nice if he'd hang out for some time after the show to chat with fans. I understand he did so on a couple occasions? don't know for how long, though.

I agree with all the other posters that it's weird him never showing up for a band photo or anything like that.

Edited by aranrod
  • Like 1

Maybe he's bored of photoshoots, he's been doing them a long time now. I think the most probable answer is that he is rarely if ever in the same place, city or country as the rest of the band apart from the 3 hours they are on stage. I'm sure he sees the odd one or two of them every now and again but I bet it would be easier to organise an outdoor conference for agraphobics than get all of current GnR in a room together. The band should just start photo shopping him into pictures to at least provide an illusion of camaraderie.

• Like 1

Sometimes I think Axl doesnt want people to even know who's in Guns N' Roses properly to avoid fan attachment to members so qhen they're gone it won't generate any kind of negativism. Hence not having official group pictures, etc

Same here.

I've always wondered about "replacing" Slash with shall we say "unconventional" looking guitarists like early 00's Robin and Bucket and now he is just flat out trolling with Ashba in there.

Hard to say. I think it's ridiculous that he's not at the meet and greets and hardly ever with the band for photo's or promos. He went thru an extraordinary amount of trouble to retain the GnR name, you would think he would put a little more care in promoting and moving the band forward.

He has said in interviews that he doesn't agree with paid meet and greets and told how he felt about charging fans for things like that. Meet&greets are usually arranged by the promoters, record companies, or management. Not the artist himself.

Oh come off it!! The "Meet and Greats" are under "Guns N' Roses". Axl owns "Guns N' Roses", he has the last say on everything. He blatantly contradicted himself.

Edited by Young_Gun

Oh come off it!! The "Meet and Greats" are under "Guns N' Roses". Axl owns "Guns N' Roses", he has the last say on everything. He blatantly contradicted himself.

Meet&greets are not arranged by the bands themselves. The interviews are somewhere on here, but I can't remember on which thread, and quite frankly I couldn't care less. I just mentioned what he'd said about the meet&greets. That's all.

I reckon the meet n greets are apart of a deal with groundctrl. They do many other bands websites and have meet n greet deals with them. As well as the whole pre sale passwords through there website.

Guns never done meet n greets before this company was involved in the band.

If this was a true meet n greet solely thought up by GNR then why do they give out after show passes to other fans to meet select members for free???

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

I think Dizzy was quoted as saying (second hand quote so might not be accurate) that during one particular UK tour the band travelled on the tour bus but Axl stayed in London the whole time and just flew there and back to each gig by helicopter. If that's the usual set up then it's easy to see why not many group photos occur.

The the 15 years there's been a new band, there has been a total of two band pictures. One in 2006, one in 2012.

I've always found it weird that he never put out a picture of the 2002 band, considering at the time that was his dream band.... We all know axl hates camras, maybe he just has a hard time having his picture taken. Look at all the pictures that get taken of him with fans, since the original band fell apart he's always had a deer-in-headlights look whenever his picture is getting taken.

Meet&greets are not arranged by the bands themselves. The interviews are somewhere on here, but I can't remember on which thread, and quite frankly I couldn't care less. I just mentioned what he'd said about the meet&greets. That's all.

Also consider if you paid for a meet and greet where Axl sometimes takes part and sometimes doesn't. Isn't he the one everyone wants to meet? How would you feel if your friend went to last night's concert & met Axl at the meet and greet & you excitedly went the next night and Axl isn't there that time. He is the focal point of the band, the one everyone hangs around to meet & get a photo taken with and so many would be pissed off if they paid for meet & greet & Axl wasn't there on their night.

Axl is just not bothered, no more no less...he never was... and that was ok when GNR was a band of iconic rockers where Slash and Duff or Izzy would do the interviews or press the flesh and people would be stoked to meet them.

Its not ok when you're the last man standing and, by your own design, the only big name left the public recognise..

Why the fuck would anyone pay big money to get backstage to meet the jobbing musicians in that pic? I'd be fucking livid if I didnt get to meet Axl.

I can see Dizzy play covers in a half empty club for twenty bucks a few times a year for fuck's sake.

Just another nu-GNR fan rip off, like the website and the alot of the merch.

And pleeease don't argue that bands have no say in doing meet n greets. What usually happens is they get paid a big chunk of cash up front to tour by the likes of Live nation etc and the size of that chunk depends on all the shit they re willing to do to boost business while on the road. If they don't want to do meets n greets they have to take less money from the promoter.

I guess Axl & TB took all that was going and sent the "staff" in to cover their arses on the MnG front.

Stinson has always disappointed me being part of this charade. Ashba, Pitman and Reed? Frank and Fortus? I would not expect any different from him as they fit into the, 'hack', 'journeymen', categories, but Stinson is different. Stinson was part of this superb band with punk rock credibility - he has a legacy which some would argue is superior to Axl's. But now look at the guy. It is tragic. He is reduced to playing the greatest hits back catalogue as belonging to another band in Vegas, a band who he himself admitted to hating 'back in the day'! I think he just doses himself up with booze to get through GN'R's 'hits collection', November Rain etc, and then picks up the cheque. This is why he is always boozed up. It is medicine wiping away the pain of selling out and being in nugnr.

Stinson has always disappointed me being part of this charade. Ashba, Pitman and Reed? Frank and Fortus? I would not expect any different from him as they fit into the, 'hack', 'journeymen', categories, but Stinson is different. Stinson was part of this superb band with punk rock credibility - he has a legacy which some would argue is superior to Axl's. But now look at the guy. It is tragic. He is reduced to playing the greatest hits back catalogue as belonging to another band in Vegas, a band who he himself admitted to hating 'back in the day'! I think he just doses himself up with booze to get through GN'R's 'hits collection', November Rain etc, and then picks up the cheque. This is why he is always boozed up. It is medicine wiping away the pain of selling out and being in nugnr.

He looks bored and completely drunk in most of the shows. Have no respect for him.

Like this one:

1622638_1430396533863212_1150741207_n.jp

Embarrassing.

I see nothing "embarrassing"

I think it's more embarrassing that the one guy who fought so hard to keep the GN'R name his, can't even be assed to show up for promo for his own band.

That and the fact that none of these guys have anything to do with creation of the song Paradise City, that they're all holding signs up for....

I've been of two minds about this in the past. Sometimes I think it's just ridiculous that Axl isn't there for all Guns N' Roses related business. Other times I think maybe the idea is to get the other guys faces out there. If Axl were there, maybe it would just make him the focal point, thus pushing further the "It's just Axl and some other guys" thing.

Oh, fuck off. :lol:

There's no way you believe that Axl hides out because he doesn't want to steal the spotlight from the hirelings. You know what he could do if he doesn't want it to be "Axl and some other guys"? Release some original music with those other guys. Rocket surgery!

I wasn't trying to create a strong argument in favor of Axl not being there BTW. It's just something that's crossed my mind. I was probably having a fit of trying to justify some of the things that goes on with this band when I came up with it :lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

I think there's many reasons, Axl rides separately to the rest of the band. Axl "wasn't told" about the photoshoot, Axl doesn't go to meet and greets... wait! Axl doesn't go and meet fans that spend upwards of €70 for a ticket and a further €100+ for a VIP ticket, is tht to promote the new guys too...? maybe he's too busy preparing for the gig, but other high profile acts manage to do it and still perform... I digress.

Axl's not in the shots, because he doesn't want to be... maybe! he does it to further the current bands faces with the general public but I think the real reason is not wanting to be photographed.

Also, if you remember the road was changed in honour of the residency they were playing... not the old band. maybe they should have named it Street of dreams Rd. or Madagascar Road... but I think 9/10 people wouldn't get it.

Edited by Tom2112

Oh, fuck off. :lol:

There's no way you believe that Axl hides out because he doesn't want to steal the spotlight from the hirelings. You know what he could do if he doesn't want it to be "Axl and some other guys"? Release some original music with those other guys. Rocket surgery!

I wasn't trying to create a strong argument in favor of Axl not being there BTW. It's just something that's crossed my mind. I was probably having a fit of trying to justify some of the things that goes on with this band when I came up with it :lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I feel like those arrows are yelling at me. :lol: