What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What We Do In The Shadows. 

Hilarious. Especially for an old Vampire player like myself.

They just started a spin-off series on FX here in the US.    If you liked the movie, you will probably like the show.

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

They just started a spin-off series on FX here in the US.    If you liked the movie, you will probably like the show.

I am talking about the series. I haven't seen the movie.

I am new to this section. I suppose I am not doing it right :lol:

The April 22 Comedy Bang Bang podcast has a Motley Crue The Dirt segment that is hilarious! If you know bang bang you've guessed that it is comedians playing the band and that none of the conversation is based in a shred of reality. But its really funny. If your a Crue fan excited about The Dirt, it might be up your alley. Its during the last third of the episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Im watching Wine Country with the gf. The brand new ensemble comedy about middle aged women's weekend away. Dratch, Poehler, Rudolph, Grethyer, are all favourites of mine. And theres Fey turning in a great performance along with some other solid actresses. But fuck this movie. Its like The Big Chill for basic bishes :lol: 

There is a Guns reference when they are making their late-night play list. 'We need to start with Guns N Roses, Sweet Child right into some Jungle action... I dont think we should do anything that came out after Hey Yeah, its not that kind of night'

Watching Caprisma, a Turkish show on YT. 

I sure hope the guy that added subtitles will do it for every episode, fingers crossed.

and @soon I just watched that movie....it was so-so. I would rate it a C. Fey for sure was the most interesting character, wish her role in it was larger!

• GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Watching Caprisma, a Turkish show on YT. 

I sure hope the guy that added subtitles will do it for every episode, fingers crossed.

and @soon I just watched that movie....it was so-so. I would rate it a C. Fey for sure was the most interesting character, wish her role in it was larger!

Now, in hindsight, I like it better, haha. Solid C or maybe even C+. Glad you liked Feys character too. The movie wouldve been over the top if her role was larger! There were a few scenes were Poehler had really interesting facial expressions which I was kinda captivated by. Picking music was one, and while she was deciding to shag Devon was another. 

Spoiler

(I love that 2 of them shagged Devon :lol:)

Edited by soon

On 03. 05. 2019. at 9:23 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The new season of Lucifer starts next week. I definitely will have to watch it. I read good things about this season in the TV guide and ET magazine.

Love this show, so glad Netflix has it now. I hope it continues for a few more seasons.

And what a bingo was moving to NETFLIX - S4 is great... shorter, but much deeper about characters and msin theme....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, EvanG said:

Just finished watching the first episode, but there was some unsettling about seeing those two kids make out so much.

It didnt strike me that way. but now that you mention it I can understand where you're coming from. Im not sure that they make out "so much" according to anyone but you and Hopper though :lol:. But it certainly is more then is typical.

Ep 1 observations:

Spoiler

The opening sequence is a very cool Star Wars reference 

its in the infamous year of 1984... and we already have Dustin surveilling the Soviets.

The cassette tapes shown were both Canadian - Cory Hart and Bryan Adams. Just saying.

When Hopper says "Im going in" to talk to the kid about their kissing, Im confident its a reference to the 'behind the scenes' stuff from last season where it was revealed that the actor who kisses 11 whispered "Im coming in" as a courtesy when they filmed their kissing scene.

Im not into seeing sad Dustin. And I think Steve would have a bit more confidence with the ladies after saving peoples lives by slaying interdemensional monsters! And youd think word would get around? So I imagine that their setting up for Dustin and Steve to be having lots more bro time. And that I can at least get behind.

Does Max speak to anyone in the gang other than Lucas?? She's not just his tag along gf, she's part of the crew. Maybe she does and in one viewing I didnt notice?

The Romero reference is a nice touch imho to set the true tone of that era. Parallels the Mall killing all the local small business, nicely. The mall is a monster too. And its very much a commentary on consumerism that kids who survived the trauma of monsters stalking them and killing their loved ones want to watch a monster flick, because thats whats been marketed to them.

The episode has a lot of exposition and set ups and for me I'd doubt it will become a classic episode, but its fun and Im interested in the various yarns... Well, a demon-possessed-rat-stashed-cougar-shagger might be a bit much if thats where that is headed.

Ryder doesnt age!! These kids will look older then her in no time!!