March 22nd, 2014 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Black Sabbath

Apparently, whenever somebody films Nugnr on their mobile phone, their phone suddenly becomes faulty and incapable of recording an objective image. Whenever it is used with other bands however, it suddenly returns to normal.

I remember I made an account at GNFNR because people were giving Broski a hard time for criticising the Abu Dhabi 2013 videos, saying he couldn't possibly judge from that. I logged on to defend him by stating that I took those videos, front row, and it really was that bad.

Apparently, whenever somebody films Nugnr on their mobile phone, their phone suddenly becomes faulty and incapable of recording an objective image. Whenever it is used with other bands however, it suddenly returns to normal.

I remember I made an account at GNFNR because people were giving Broski a hard time for criticising the Abu Dhabi 2013 videos, saying he couldn't possibly judge from that. I logged on to defend him by stating that I took those videos, front row, and it really was that bad.

The argument presupposes that we are incapable of differentiating between the two media, i.e. the live visual experience and a recording, and incapable of taking into consideration, the limits of the latter medium. You can watch youtube clips and still judge a ‘good performance’ from a ‘bad one‘. Thing is, people have been collecting audience recorded bootlegs for years and hardcore fans will be able to show you that ’concert x was a great night’ whereas ’y, bad one’ irrespective of the quality of the recording (unless there is some major problem, like the sound cutting out!). One recording may be poorer in quality and contain a superior performance and vice versa.

Fans have been doing this stuff for years, Deadheads etc. Yet suddenly, with Nugnr, you are not entitled to an opinion!! Well wait, Rio 4 was proshot - oh, I forget: Axl was ill that day.

Thing is, people were posting phone youtube clips of the 2006 and 2010 tours and used those to arrive at an opinion that, ''Axl was excellent for most of those periods''. So just because he has been having a shocker 2011-14, the equipment suddenly becomes faulty, and, only people at the actual concert can judge. I would have thought phones improved between 2006 and 2014 - not the reverse? Crazy logic.

• Like 2

The argument I have seen is you are not at the show so you have no opinion hits me hard.

Simply put it is correct and as long as it remains the same I will be here, not at a show... I have already seen this show x amount of times.

The argument is a moot point, less interest by fans to attend based on the setlist is not a reason to not have an opinion of such.

Some people think that equates to not being allowed to voice an opinion of the set, that's bullshit, all fans have every reason to complain when the band is doing something we don't care for.

I have said this a thousand times, just change the setlist a little. Open with rocket queen and end with jungle and mix it in between. If it is a production issue (like I heard) than fire them all and get a more professional team that can change with you.

Well, there is a production issue when you have to cue certain videos, pyro etc. with certain songs and certain parts of those songs. But, I'm not sure how hard that would be to change or at least plan for. Maybe you can have production plans A, B and C for variations of the setlists. Someone with experience in concert production would know better about how practical that would be. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Ali

They dont have problems when for example Out Ta Get Me (pyro) gets played

I haven't seen "Out Ta Get Me" played at a show I've been to since 2006, so I wouldn't know either way about pyro or pyro issues with that song.

Ali

Wow 2011 Axl right there and I only watched the first vid but in that one out at get me he put more showmanship and effort then every video I've seen from past view nights.. I don't think he coulda done that the first night maybe that's why he squashed it from the set list.. We need at least that Axl by the time that award show and Vegas get here ! No way blue jacket Ax busts out new jams

I volunteer in his place, as long as they pay for my flights + caipirinhas + churrascaria, along with some bundas.

Speak American.

Caipirinha:

461px-Caipirinha2.jpg

Churrascaria:

o.jpg

Bundas:

slide_323062_3060037_free.jpg?1382982142

You two boys have been really fucking good value for money since the Deja Vu Tour started XD Cheers!