March 22nd, 2014 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Black Sabbath

Has anyone here ever worked on a crew for a large band? I have no idea whether this is a legit complaint.

I have friends in "the industry", they do huge hours with next to no sleep.

I don't know if that is the norm, but the guys I know are always doing crazy stints on big shows.

Has anyone here ever worked on a crew for a large band? I have no idea whether this is a legit complaint.

I have friends in "the industry", they do huge hours with next to no sleep.

I don't know if that is the norm, but the guys I know are always doing crazy stints on big shows.

I guess 11:30am is early in GNR world where you've probably been up until 3am the night before dismantling the stage after the show.

Oh Boy....every tour the same whining and complaining. Most important is people at the show had a good time and not people bitching behind their computers. Also it is hardly a new thing that the first couple of shows of a GnR tour are not that outstanding as apparently Axl does not care much about preparation. He always got much better during the tour.

And why is this acceptable?
Exactly. Isn't the setlist made for the casual fan? Why should the casual fan of a place they're playing in the beginning of the tour get a planned inferior performance than one at the end of the tour? Fuck the "we all know Axl gets on stage late, people shouldn't complain at this point". Fuck the "we all know Axl doesn't rehearse, it's the beginning of the tour". This is not acceptable.

Oh Boy....every tour the same whining and complaining. Most important is people at the show had a good time and not people bitching behind their computers. Also it is hardly a new thing that the first couple of shows of a GnR tour are not that outstanding as apparently Axl does not care much about preparation. He always got much better during the tour.

Exactly. Isn't the setlist made for the casual fan? Why should the casual fan of a place they're playing in the beginning of the tour get a planned inferior performance than one at the end of the tour? Fuck the "we all know Axl gets on stage late, people shouldn't complain at this point". Fuck the "we all know Axl doesn't rehearse, it's the beginning of the tour". This is not acceptable.
And who can do what about it? You have 2 more tickets, sell that shit and vote with your wallet or you're a major part of this problem that you have.

This. Warmup shows, if your singer is out of shape and has a problem with his voice, should be at least for free. It's one of the many things that Axl do that really makes me dislike him. And his supporters see it as a normal thing to do.

Well.... for better or worse, all the shows will probably sound like warmup shows this time around. Axl looks and sounds terrible.

A casual setlist for casual fans by casual GnR.

The polar opposite of what this band used to represent.

• Like 4

The argument I have seen is you are not at the show so you have no opinion hits me hard.

Simply put it is correct and as long as it remains the same I will be here, not at a show... I have already seen this show x amount of times.

The argument is a moot point, less interest by fans to attend based on the setlist is not a reason to not have an opinion of such.

Some people think that equates to not being allowed to voice an opinion of the set, that's bullshit, all fans have every reason to complain when the band is doing something we don't care for.

I have said this a thousand times, just change the setlist a little. Open with rocket queen and end with jungle and mix it in between. If it is a production issue (like I heard) than fire them all and get a more professional team that can change with you.

• Like 3

Some minutes ago, Tom Mayhue in a radio interview says that will be surprises in Argentina (apart of the new stage and videos)

Just watched it, he said "new videos, new stage, and who knows, maybe a few surprises". Didn't really sound reassuring to me :(

just change the setlist a little. Open with rocket queen and end with jungle and mix it in between.

Mixing up the order of the songs they keep playing over and over isn't going to cut it for me.

Quite honestly, I don't pay much attention to what order songs are played in.

There should be 2 - 3 albums of new material (including ChiDem) to choose from for a tour by now, with an encore or two of the "hits".

Anything less is quite a strong statement against purpose or meaning or heartfelt intent.

It's the lack of experiencing forward motion that has knocked me off the wagon, I really don't give a shit what they open or close with.

Two hours of classic GnR live just leaves me cold now (with this line up), at this point it's like "yeah, and?".

:shrugs:

I'd be fine with WTTJ opening (find it weird when I watch concerts on YouTube and it isn't the opener, 2006 shows like RAR showed just how bad-ass it can be), November Rain and SCOM being in the middle, Nightrain closing the main set, and Paradise City being the final encore. It's a proven formula.

The rest should be up for grabs, though.

I'd be fine with WTTJ opening (find it weird when I watch concerts on YouTube and it isn't the opener, 2006 shows like RAR showed just how bad-ass it can be), November Rain and SCOM being in the middle, Nightrain closing the main set, and Paradise City being the final encore. It's a proven formula.

The first UCAP show opened with Jungle and I though it didn't get as big of a boom as it would have coming after CD.

The first UCAP show opened with Jungle and I though it didn't get as big of a boom as it would have coming after CD.
Opening with WTTJ only makes sense with the extended scream he used to do back in '01-'07
  • Like 1

Opening with WTTJ only makes sense with the extended scream he used to do back in '01-'07

I'd like to see Jungle close out the main set.

The argument I have seen is you are not at the show so you have no opinion hits me hard.

Simply put it is correct and as long as it remains the same I will be here, not at a show... I have already seen this show x amount of times.

The argument is a moot point, less interest by fans to attend based on the setlist is not a reason to not have an opinion of such.

Some people think that equates to not being allowed to voice an opinion of the set, that's bullshit, all fans have every reason to complain when the band is doing something we don't care for.

I have said this a thousand times, just change the setlist a little. Open with rocket queen and end with jungle and mix it in between. If it is a production issue (like I heard) than fire them all and get a more professional team that can change with you.

Well, there is a production issue when you have to cue certain videos, pyro etc. with certain songs and certain parts of those songs. But, I'm not sure how hard that would be to change or at least plan for. Maybe you can have production plans A, B and C for variations of the setlists. Someone with experience in concert production would know better about how practical that would be. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Ali

Well, there is a production issue when you have to cue certain videos, pyro etc. with certain songs and certain parts of those songs. But, I'm not sure how hard that would be to change or at least plan for. Maybe you can have production plans A, B and C for variations of the setlists. Someone with experience in concert production would know better about how practical that would be. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Ali

They dont have problems when for example Out Ta Get Me (pyro) gets played

Ali

I haven't seen "Out Ta Get Me" played at a show I've been to since 2006, so I wouldn't know either way about pyro or pyro issues with that song.

Ali

I'm not a doctor, I'm not a plastic surgeon, nor have I ever had plastic surgery. But I can still look at a picture of somebody and tell if their doctor botched their surgery.

And it's also ridiculous for the people who praise a band's performance from a youtube performance to then tell people that they can't say anything negative about something they see on Youtube. Youtube videos are only valid if they show the band in a good light? If they show the band in a bad light it's because of a cheap video, bad sound, etc?

Ali

I haven't seen "Out Ta Get Me" played at a show I've been to since 2006, so I wouldn't know either way about pyro or pyro issues with that song.

Ali

I'm not a doctor, I'm not a plastic surgeon, nor have I ever had plastic surgery. But I can still look at a picture of somebody and tell if their doctor botched their surgery.

And it's also ridiculous for the people who praise a band's performance from a youtube performance to then tell people that they can't say anything negative about something they see on Youtube. Youtube videos are only valid if they show the band in a good light? If they show the band in a bad light it's because of a cheap video, bad sound, etc?

Stop trying to talk sense to these people, Groghan, it's a lost cause. Logic and reality do not exist in this dojo. Axl and GNR can only go from strength to strength, no matter what they do.

• Like 1