Dear Fermanager,

Most of the people who criticise are simply fans who are so annoyed at the way the band are run, no news, no albums, band members quitting, nothing. People like Apollo who are desperate for new material. These are the type of people you should get on your side, not alienate. Someone who desires news and new material from the band obviously do not dislike that same band - what would be the logic in that? If Guns N' Roses were not such a fuck up you would not see 80% of the negativity you see here. And in fairness most of the stuff is humour. 'Racism' is absolute hyperbole. I really do not know where you are coming from with that accusation Fernando. When there is nothing happening with Guns n roses, which is always the situation because they are a disaster, all we are left with is humour.

• Like 1

Fernando, is it possible for you to post a recent pic of Axl?

That doesn't sound stalkerish at all :o

What's stalkerish in that? you are saying as if no Axl Rose pictures have been posted in the past 20 years.

Hi Fernando. You mention that you wish you could make the pro-shot(s) available. There are a lot of artists from people at Bucket's level to Bruce Springsteen who have large (audio)archives of their shows online available to buy in multiple formats, as well as all shows going forward. So it's not like it's not possible.

I listen to bootlegs from London, Arnhem and Bucharest 2010 weekly and would gladly pay for soundboard quality.

-

I doubt you'd want to comment on this but we've heard that songs recorded over ten years ago have some of Axl's highest, hardest, piercing, screaming singing. It bothers me that some of the best, big guns from Chinese have rarely been performed e.g. Twat and Prostitute because they're a pig to sing and that there may be many more great songs that will never or rarely played live.

At one point Axl didn't even want to record This I Love but it ended up becoming one of the live Chinese staples along with a few other tracks which happen to be easier to sing than others.

Would this be a consideration in terms of what songs are put on the next record?

Edit: And thanks for stopping by!

Edited by Jordan Rose

This is a great thread! Highlights by Magisme, OmarBradly, Fernando and Towelie. Thank you guys for making me LOL so many times.

(Cyberhugs)

(Damager)

:dance:

I will apply for any job-opening with TB that comes up in the future. I can do just a fine job as a paparazzo getting the first 2015 Axl-pic :sleeper: Also I think I’d be a great chairman for those 3-hour meetings. Maybe I can start typing out the albumcredits for CDII? :P

All giggles aside: Great seeing Fernando breaking some TB habits. Yes, he did say MAYBE and SOON again regarding status-updates and communication. But then at Bacardimayne’s question if GnR will tour again he said YES and OFCOURSE! That’s hopefull. It’ s not the whole package we are dreaming of, but it’s something. And I will surely be there if Guns plays anywhere at reasonable distance from my place.

Now I have to get my sweaty ass of my couch and report to my (Damager). I’ll keep on dreaming about alternative jobs for a while…. :dj::bbf:

Edited by Ender04

I understand nothing about this topic, it's like listening to Snoop Dogg and Limp Bizkit lyrics sober and trying to make some sense of em. But hey, innuendo and "not telling it like it is" is always hot hot hot in the world of Guns N Roses.

Laconic indeed.

Edited by Teroz

Great answers by Fernando but dude, Brazilian is not a race. There was never a single racist post allowed in this forum.

By great answers I mean funny not informative. Still, a fun surprise. Still have the feeling gnr is done. This is damage control, it happens every time the band gets into a shitty uncertain status. Please don't remove this.

Edited by maynard

Great answers by Fernando but dude, Brazilian is not a race. There was never a single racist post allowed in this forum.

By great answers I mean funny not informative. Still, a fun surprise. Still have the feeling gnr is done. This is damage control, it happens every time the band gets into a shitty uncertain status. Please don't remove this.

We wouldn't want to remove something like this. This is an example of constructive criticism and genuine concern on the part of a fan.

BTW, I'm not pointing that out for your benefit I'm pointing it out for others.

• Like 2

I don't understand why Fernando won't comment on whether or not new music is a realistic prospect, unless of course he knows that it isn't and doesn't want to say. I'm not asking for a release date or even any details about the music, just that there is music which Axl is working on with the intention of releasing. Even hearing that much would be reassuring at this stage.

• Like 1

I don't understand why Fernando won't comment on whether or not new music is a realistic prospect, unless of course he knows that it isn't and doesn't want to say. I'm not asking for a release date or even any details about the music, just that there is music which Axl is working on with the intention of releasing. Even hearing that much would be reassuring at this stage.

Axl himself said there's music recorded. It means shit until it gets released, unfortunately.

Fernando,

Have you and Axl seen the thread here called GNR The MS Paint Comic?

It is a GNR comic created by your most loyal fans and vicious critics (often one and the same)

Can you ask Axl to pick his favourite drawing? The winner gets a GNR scented candle. I am sure you could find at least one of those in the vault somewhere.

Axl himself said there's music recorded. It means shit until it gets released, unfortunately.

But for all we know, with many of the band members no longer in the fold and the songs being from 8-10 years ago (maybe more) Axl may have decided to scrap that material altogether.

Either way, it'd be nice to know for certain. So many fans have supported the various different CD-era lineups over the years and loved the album. It'd be nice to know if Axl was still intending to release another record of those sessions or if he's decided to shelve it. Fans are holding out for this and if it's never going to happen, it doesn't take a lot to put us out of our misery.

I suspect Axl is done with it all but they don't want to say, which is a bit cruel to be honest. They know the fans will keep going to the shows and keep supporting the band hoping and praying to catch a new song live and holding out that a new album release is just around the corner. If TB/Axl were to come out and say "no new music is coming anytime in the foreseeable future" then they know the vast majority of the diehards that stick around these parts would move on, stop going to the shows and probably put their energies elsewhere. They're deliberately evasive but like to dangle the carrot and that pisses me off.

It's not about entitlement, I don't feel Axl owes me a thing. I've CHOSEN to follow this band and I choose to log-on to this forum everyday hoping for a scrap of news concerning new music from the band. And I appreciate the music GNR have already given us. But I don't see it as a huge ask to be told if something new is being worked on or not. I don't see that it would have much of an effect on the GNR brand if they were to set the record straight and come out and say that no new music is coming. GNR is such a big band that they will always have the nostalgia crowd, which probably makes up 98% of the people at their gigs. The ones who frequent the message boards daily are the 2% and it wouldn't be a great loss to GNR's brand as a live touring act if we all disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow. Can they not just reward our loyalty by just being straight-forward and upfront and telling us once and for all if Axl still cares to release anything new?

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

#soon and #mybad made me actually LOL, well played. I also got a kick out of a lot of the questions asked. Some were intentially funny others were not but either way, I laughed.

It's great to see the community as a whole understand where Fernando is coming from to a certain extent and give him a chance to answer questions without the need to throw in insults. Opportunities like this can really show the true colors of the user base if you ask me. The staff here continually says that the user base as a whole consists of true fans who are just frustrated and looking for a bright future for GN'R. The way (pretty much) everyone handled themselves proves that, which is awesome.

To be fair, I'm sure if Fernando and THE BETA (cue dramatic music) want a lot of the same things we do.

I missed all the action/dumb shit, but it was/is very cool of someone from the camp to come here and say something.

• Like 1

Hey man this isn't burger king. This isn't "have it your way".

As opposed to what, having it no way?

Because all we are asking for is an update of sorts. Not the second coming.

Yeah, there is of course "I WANT TO HEAR FROM THE ORGAN GRINDER, NOT THE MONKEY!!!" but Fernando and band members know that when they post here, no real need to be a total cock to them for trying to do something we're always asking for (communicate).

• Like 2

To be fair to Fernando, that first reply was well written and the fact that he's here responding to these posts should be congratulated.

It's what we've wanted, so let's be productive and use the opportunity.

Fernando, a few questions.

1. What would you guess the time frame would be for us to get an announcement for future plans for the band? 3-6 months? 12 months? Etc

2. Is there any chance of old pro shot footage of the UYI tour ever being released? (Strange question considering all the questions I could ask I guess, but I love that era of the band)

3. Do you intend to be more active on the forum if things go well?

4. As a die hard fan, and a collector of memorabilia is there any plans to release any kind of official signed memorabilia from Axl? I personally don't trust eBay and as a real fan if there was sonething officially released on the website of be inclined to buy it.

cheers man