Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

26 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Yeah Russ thanks for stealing my thread. ? I knew Izzy's to cool to be lumped in with general social media thread.

One thing I do find a little odd and possibly reading to much into, why didn't he get Duff or some GNR person to release his twitter? 

If he's really got to the point were he feels he's had to put the record straight, I can't help feeling there must be a whole big mess behind the scenes. Hopefully this might force somebody's hand in to talking.

Yeah.... My sincere apologies about that. My initial thought was to just put it in with all the social media but then I thought "Wait... Izzy saying he's out is a BIG thing" and realized it definitely needed it's own thread. 

Again, I apologize for the mistake! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikebones said:

The account has 7 tweets... "Rick,Its Izzy . I bought a computer and opened a twitter account ! I`ve given up avocado farming and am writing again" So, Izzy in 2016 buys a computer and decides to create a twitter account to tell everybody he is not involved... Sorry, I just don't believe it.

it's a real account....and horribly depressing.

Least someone related to Guns is finally giving genuine information to fans. 

The others should take note. It took Izzy all of a few minutes, and he addressed stuff that folk have be grasping at straw for since the reunion announcement.

Also, guess that can put to bed Nivens comments about where he said something along the lines of he knew the guys had been recording recently w/ Izzy.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Least someone related to Guns is finally giving genuine information to fans. 

The others should take note. It took Izzy all of a few minutes, and he addressed stuff that folk have be grasping at straw for since the reunion announcement.

Also, guess that can put to bed Nivens comments about where he said something along the lines of he knew the guys had been recording recently w/ Izzy.  

Niven didnt say that Izzy was recording with the Guns. he said that Izzy and Duff were writting music. He was probably referring to Izzy writing songs with Duff for His How to be a Man EP. Niv never said, izzy is in the studio with Slash and Duff banging out tunes

• Like 1

truly disappointing on face value.

Now where I read into some things...

Writing right now... Maybe last year and Slash is dubbing in some parts?

No involvement now as the paper work isn't signed but on the table?

Writing and recording with his band to release material to piggy back GnR news/tour in April?

Can I hope for something from Izzy in 2016?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by pacu44

Man the way you guys will take bait and run with it :lol:. I ain't believing shit until those concerts come up and we see the line up.

Also, if this is really Izzy (probably IS him), why the heck would he update us on something he isn't even involved in? Food for thought, we're no closer or further behind in news than we were prior to "his" coming out on Twitter.

Ask yourself these questions

Why didn't he start a Twitter months/years ago?

Why would he invite himself to be nagged by fans NOW by denying his involvement in recording or performing?

Why would HE feel like he should be the conduit for which to give news about a band he's not playing with?

Its smoke and mirrors, he obviously wants to build suspense by making an account somebody can follow...otherwise he'd have put a message out on a fan site or his official site if he even has one. If it IS 100% Izzy then he is Honey Dicking the shit out of us.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

Man the way you guys will take bait and run with it :lol:. I ain't believing shit until those concerts come up and we see the line up.

Also, if this is really Izzy (probably IS him), why the heck would he update us on something he isn't even involved in? Food for thought, we're no closer or further behind in news than we were prior to "his" coming out on Twitter.

Ask yourself these questions

Why didn't he start a Twitter months/years ago?

Why would he invite himself to be nagged by fans NOW by confirming his involvement in recording or performing?

Why would HE feel like he should be the conduit for which to give news about a band he's not playing with?

Its smoke and mirrors, he obviously wants to build suspense by making an account somebody can follow...otherwise he'd have put a message out on a fan site or his official site if he even has one. If it IS 100% Izzy then he is Honey Dicking the shit out of us.

Could not agree more