09/09/16 - Detroit, MI - The Palace Of Auburn Hills

Powerage5

I absolutely love listening to recordings of Rock & Roll Thunder. For those that say he lost that midrange rasp, look no further than the verses. It's refreshing seeing him use that voice nowadays. Also understandable why he can't do it throughout a whole show, it's too much of a strain. I wonder what song he could apply it to in GNR? I'd love to hear the Estranged outtro with that voice

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Had some pretty fantastic seats last night...My God what a show! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Damn son! Would say so! :)

9 minutes ago, bjasmund said:

Congrats!! Did you meet them at their hotel or was that outside of the venue?

And if you did see the guys at the hotel how'd you know which one they were at? 

5 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Cool fellla thats great! Same setlist?

Same set.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Did you ask Stevie if he gets an equal share of the loot?

:lol:

No, but Stevie was cool as hell  we told him how much we appreciated him stepping up and what a great job he was doing and he gave us both a pick :) 

1 hour ago, bjasmund said:

Congrats!! Did you meet them at their hotel or was that outside of the venue?

Hotel

59 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Damn son! Would say so! :)

And if you did see the guys at the hotel how'd you know which one they were at? 

@ZoSoRose just took a good guess :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tajandreas said:

I absolutely love listening to recordings of Rock & Roll Thunder. For those that say he lost that midrange rasp, look no further than the verses. It's refreshing seeing him use that voice nowadays. Also understandable why he can't do it throughout a whole show, it's too much of a strain. I wonder what song he could apply it to in GNR? I'd love to hear the Estranged outtro with that voice

Actually, he could apply it to many gnr songs. But he just doesnt do it, Like november rain scom pC. These songs are in midrange 

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Man, what an amazing night last night - I'm still buzzing after it. As I said earlier, we went up to our seats...and the section was closed because of poor sales. We got bumped from $50 seats up to side-stage, $150 seats. Already a great start to the evening. The gig was great, even better than Cleveland IMO. Axl sounded a lot stronger on the few songs I thought were a little off in Cleveland. There were a couple things a little goofy in this gig still, the most prominent being Axl fucking up the last verse on RNR Train. But all in all, it was a fantastic gig. The thing I'm loving most about seeing Axl in AC/DC is the the little things, he seems so much more candid with AC/DC. I remember specifically last night seeing him wipe off some sweat with a towel while onstage and thinking "Wow, you'd never see Axl do that with GN'R". I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking things :lol:

But after the gig is when things really got great. @ZoSoRose and I had decided we wanted to try and find the hotel after the gig, since AC/DC and Axl have been so cool about meeting fans. He had a good idea on which hotel, and he was right. There were maybe 40-50 people there initially, but it thinned out a bit later on. Someone in AC/DC's management came out and told everyone it was one signature or one picture - couldn't have both. Stevie was the first to come out, about 12:15. He had a great sense of humor, cracking jokes every chance he got. We mentioned to him how much we appreciated having him in the band, and he gave both of us picks. For those of you less up on AC/DC stuff, it's impossible to get AC/DC picks, as they don't throw any out during gigs at all. Slade and Angus came out next, about 12:45. Slade was very personable, I told him he was my favorite AC/DC drummer and he seemed genuinely surprised to hear that :lol: Angus was really friendly, he was amazed when I told him I'm doing six gigs. Honestly, meeting him was just as big a deal to me as meeting Axl - AC/DC was my very first favorite band, and they've always had a really special place with me. On a list of people I never thought I'd meet, I'd probably put Angus even higher than Axl.

About 1:30 the management guy came out again, and told us to line up again. Same rule about a picture or autograph. He took us up to Axl five people at a time, but we each got to approach him individually. He was quiet, but very friendly. I told him how much I've been enjoying the AC/DC gigs so far, and he just sort of nervously chuckled and said "Cool, glad to hear you're having a good time". The best bit though was when I asked for a picture he said "Of course" and before I could even think, he put his arm around me :)

Still buzzing after last night, it was just so cool. Looking forward to another gig tomorrow, but I also have an Anthrax/Slayer show to get through tonight first...

Great story!! Very cool! I'm trying to narrow down the hotels in DC and hopeful will have the same opportunity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Man, what an amazing night last night - I'm still buzzing after it. As I said earlier, we went up to our seats...and the section was closed because of poor sales. We got bumped from $50 seats up to side-stage, $150 seats. Already a great start to the evening. The gig was great, even better than Cleveland IMO. Axl sounded a lot stronger on the few songs I thought were a little off in Cleveland. There were a couple things a little goofy in this gig still, the most prominent being Axl fucking up the last verse on RNR Train. But all in all, it was a fantastic gig. The thing I'm loving most about seeing Axl in AC/DC is the the little things, he seems so much more candid with AC/DC. I remember specifically last night seeing him wipe off some sweat with a towel while onstage and thinking "Wow, you'd never see Axl do that with GN'R". I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking things :lol:

But after the gig is when things really got great. @ZoSoRose and I had decided we wanted to try and find the hotel after the gig, since AC/DC and Axl have been so cool about meeting fans. He had a good idea on which hotel, and he was right. There were maybe 40-50 people there initially, but it thinned out a bit later on. Someone in AC/DC's management came out and told everyone it was one signature or one picture - couldn't have both. Stevie was the first to come out, about 12:15. He had a great sense of humor, cracking jokes every chance he got. We mentioned to him how much we appreciated having him in the band, and he gave both of us picks. For those of you less up on AC/DC stuff, it's impossible to get AC/DC picks, as they don't throw any out during gigs at all. Slade and Angus came out next, about 12:45. Slade was very personable, I told him he was my favorite AC/DC drummer and he seemed genuinely surprised to hear that :lol: Angus was really friendly, he was amazed when I told him I'm doing six gigs. Honestly, meeting him was just as big a deal to me as meeting Axl - AC/DC was my very first favorite band, and they've always had a really special place with me. On a list of people I never thought I'd meet, I'd probably put Angus even higher than Axl.

About 1:30 the management guy came out again, and told us to line up again. Same rule about a picture or autograph. He took us up to Axl five people at a time, but we each got to approach him individually. He was quiet, but very friendly. I told him how much I've been enjoying the AC/DC gigs so far, and he just sort of nervously chuckled and said "Cool, glad to hear you're having a good time". The best bit though was when I asked for a picture he said "Of course" and before I could even think, he put his arm around me :)

Still buzzing after last night, it was just so cool. Looking forward to another gig tomorrow, but I also have an Anthrax/Slayer show to get through tonight first...

Glad it worked out for you man!!!

• Like 2