Jump to content
SerenityScorp

Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

Recommended Posts

On 4/8/2018 at 10:54 PM, Georgina Arriaga said:

Meegan put this picture

 

Never realized there is a dog in the picture . Must have been Izzy 's dog since he loves dogs.

Edited by Amaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amaya said:

Never realized there is a dog in yhe oicyure. Must have bern Izzy dince he loves dogs.

Looks like Slash is trying to hypnotize that red solo cup.ūüėĄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what happened to Desi Craft? I googled around. No social media. That was not , probably was not her real name. She and Pamela Manning were runaways. 

Edited by Amaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amaya said:

 

Ok Izzy fans. Apparently Izzy ranks at the bottom of the list of GnR best guitarists of his music that he wrote.                                  Apparently Bucket and Bumble and Fortus and everyone and anyone all can play Izzys music that he wrote better than he can and they can interpret what he meant to write or play or say  .                                               OK I DONE HEARD IT ALL NOW.   I get the guy is retired and long gone from GnR, but he wrote ,1/5, of some good rock  songs and hit cds AFD to UYIs that others had  the great fortune of  jumping in on .                                                                This is like saying I meed to come over to your house and reaarange your pantry hov I like which is better for you. I know what you want and I know what is best in pantry arranging for you better than you do for yourself.Ok. lol. 

Edited by Amaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cute dog :heart:

Spoiler

Skip past Axl and Baz .....

I love this Izzy performance, can't remember seeing it posted before. I so wish I had just gone to this show. Look how he interacts with the crowd :heart:

 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Cute dog :heart:

  Hide contents

Skip past Axl and Baz .....

I love this Izzy performance, can't remember seeing it posted before. I so wish I had just gone to this show. Look how he interacts with the crowd :heart:

 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this performance. So goes the not enough presence on stage. OMG, Spidey, thanks for this gem. :wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this performance. So goes the not enough presence on stage. OMG, Spidey, thanks for this gem. :wub:

The crowd are singing ‚Äúthere‚Äôs only one Izzy Stradlin‚ÄĚ to him¬†:heart:

He has the coolest stage presence and I love how inclusive he is of the other band members, like how he treats Richard. You can see why people say he is a band leader :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The crowd are singing ‚Äúthere‚Äôs only one Izzy Stradlin‚ÄĚ to him¬†:heart:

He has the coolest stage presence and I love how inclusive he is of the other band members, like how he treats Richard. You can see why people say he is a band leader :wub:

When are they singing that? I didn’t catch that! Good crowd! I love Sheffield now!! :lol:

And yes, all of that you’re saying. He’s so cool and sweet at the same time. And his smile in the end ... awww :wub:

:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

When are they singing that? I didn’t catch that! Good crowd! I love Sheffield now!! :lol:

 

 

It’s at the beginning when he comes on, it’s only just audible under the crowd noise but I can just hear it, the unmistakable football chant :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The crowd are singing ‚Äúthere‚Äôs only one Izzy Stradlin‚ÄĚ to him¬†:heart:

He has the coolest stage presence and I love how inclusive he is of the other band members, like how he treats Richard. You can see why people say he is a band leader :wub:

There were also some Greeks in the crowd, apparently. After Axl announces Izzy, someone is heard yelling in Greek something that translates into "Fuck yeah, Izzy!"! :lol:

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There were also some Greeks in the crowd, apparently. After Axl announces Izzy, someone is heard yelling in Greek something that translates into "Fuck yeah, Izzy!"! :lol:

Love the Greeks, too! :P:lol:

  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I guess most of you haven't been following the CD leaks saga that has been almost all over D&N in the last two months, so maybe you haven't heard about the Izzy related stuff.

According to what has been known about the source of these leaks, the storage locker, which belonged to Tom Zutaut, didn't contain only the CD era demos, but also demos of the second "lost" Ju Ju Hounds album (as well as some AFD and UYI demo tapes).

The Ju Ju Hounds demos were bought along the rest of the content of the storage locker, then the tape was sold on discogs. So it's in someone's hands but hasn't leaked yet.

I wonder if Izzy knows about this.

Edited by Blackstar
typos
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There were also some Greeks in the crowd, apparently. After Axl announces Izzy, someone is heard yelling in Greek something that translates into "Fuck yeah, Izzy!"! :lol:

I heard the people talking in a different language and then one yelling - funny they can be heard over everyone else :P (j/k)

Maybe they came over for the show but there are quite a few Greek people living in Sheffield - my best friend here all through school was Greek :heart: 

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess most of you haven't been following the CD leaks saga that has been almost all over D&N in the last two months, so maybe you haven't heard about the Izzy related stuff.

According to what has been known about the source of these leaks, the storage locker, which belonged to Tom Zutaut, didn't contain only the CD era demos, but also demos of the second "lost" Ju Ju Hounds album (as well as some AFD and UYI demo tapes).

The Ju Ju Hounds demos were bought along the rest of the content of the storage locker, then the CD was sold on discogs. So it's in someone hands but hasn't leaked yet.

I wonder if Izzy knows about this.

Is it an album of unheard songs? 

Will it possibly leak the same way all of Axl’s old demos have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There were also some Greeks in the crowd, apparently. After Axl announces Izzy, someone is heard yelling in Greek something that translates into "Fuck yeah, Izzy!"! :lol:

Is it from live in Greece???? I'm Greek and I saw them in 2006.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I can't find the live from Athens in93 where izzy was there. If somebody has it please please upload it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I heard the people talking in a different language and then one yelling - funny they can be heard over everyone else :P (j/k)

Maybe they came over for the show but there are quite a few Greek people living in Sheffield - my best friend here all through school was Greek :heart: 

Aww :heart:

The ones at the show are classic loud and noisy Greeks :lol:

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is it an album of unheard songs? 

Will it possibly leak the same way all of Axl’s old demos have?

It's a tape of rough mixes. Most of the songs are unheard, I think. Two of them are on later Izzy solo albums (I guess Izzy re-recorded them) and one is maybe "Goodnight Tonight" that was played at early GnR shows.

R-13850373-1562530251-2081.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Izzy-Stradlin-And-The-Ju-Ju-Hounds-November-1993-DAT-Bill-Price-Rough-Mixes/release/13850373

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

Is it from live in Greece???? I'm Greek and I saw them in 2006.

The video @MillionsOfSpiders posted is from Sheffield, UK, but it seems there were some Greeks in the audience :lol:

I was at the 2006 show in Greece, too :heart: - and in the 1993 one :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The video @MillionsOfSpiders posted is from Sheffield, UK, but it seems there were some Greeks in the audience :lol:

I was at the 2006 show in Greece, too :heart: - and in the 1993 one :) 

¬†I was in the 2006 too.!!!!!! ūüéČ I'm still searching the live from, 93..¬†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

¬†I was in the 2006 too.!!!!!! ūüéČ I'm still searching the live from, 93..¬†

Only audio exists from the 1993 Athens show, not good quality. I sent it to you :)

I have also posted a couple of reviews from Greek magazines back in the day - not too positive ones :lol: - and translated them into English, here:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2017-1993-05-24-olympic-stadium-athens-greece

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

 

It's a tape of rough mixes. Most of the songs are unheard, I think. Two of them are on later Izzy solo albums (I guess Izzy re-recorded them) and one is maybe "Goodnight Tonight" that was played at early GnR shows.

R-13850373-1562530251-2081.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Izzy-Stradlin-And-The-Ju-Ju-Hounds-November-1993-DAT-Bill-Price-Rough-Mixes/release/13850373

Interesting - I suppose this information has been forgotten since the other stuff has been leaking but I really wonder what has happened to these and the AfD/UYI demos and why were all of them with Zutaut? What does he have to do with Izzy and Ju Ju Hounds?

If Izzy knows it would have been extra fun for him to have been in the Louder Than Life Festival too - seeing as Tom was there :lol:

I saw in the show thread Axl had the backstage area cleared when he arrived haha!!

49 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I was at the 2006 show in Greece, too :heart: - and in the 1993 one :) 

Was Izzy at both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Interesting - I suppose this information has been forgotten since the other stuff has been leaking but I really wonder what has happened to these and the AfD/UYI demos and why were all of them with Zutaut? What does he have to do with Izzy and Ju Ju Hounds?

It's been said that the person who originally bought the CD demos bought the Izzy tape as well. The AFD and UYI tapes have been bought by other people. I don't know how much truth there is in all this. Probably the Izzy tape is being traded among hoarders. I'm not sure about the AFD stuff, but the UYI tapes seem to be almost the same as the final mixes that ended up on the albums, so the value lies mainly in the physical copies (for people who collect this stuff) and not the content.

Izzy recorded the first Ju Ju Hounds album at Geffen. I guess the second one was going to be released by Geffen too, and that's why Zutaut had it.

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

If Izzy knows it would have been extra fun for him to have been in the Louder Than Life Festival too - seeing as Tom was there :lol:

I saw in the show thread Axl had the backstage area cleared when he arrived haha!!

:lol:

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Was Izzy at both?

Yes :heart:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Only audio exists from the 1993 Athens show, not good quality. I sent it to you :)

I have also posted a couple of reviews from Greek magazines back in the day - not too positive ones :lol: - and translated them into English, here:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2017-1993-05-24-olympic-stadium-athens-greece

This is really great stuff and pretty funny too 

Two whole hours later, and after they had managed to gall even their most devoted fans (comments like "ő§hey‚Äôre playing us for wankers" and "Who do they think they are?" were flying around me in the arena),¬†:lol:

and a singer/frontman in love with himself, who he sees as the new Messiah. ūü§£

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Interesting - I suppose this information has been forgotten since the other stuff has been leaking but I really wonder what has happened to these and the AfD/UYI demos and why were all of them with Zutaut? What does he have to do with Izzy and Ju Ju Hounds?

If Izzy knows it would have been extra fun for him to have been in the Louder Than Life Festival too - seeing as Tom was there :lol:

I saw in the show thread Axl had the backstage area cleared when he arrived haha!!

Was Izzy at both?

Yes... 93 and 2006.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó