GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Just now, janrichmond said:

So he probably had the shits as well, not good to be on stage in that condition

Lol, yeah nice thought - but no I guess it’s not a good way to be on stage in front of thousands of people thinking you might shit your pants or puke? :lol:

I caught a stomach bug from work this weekend, horrible, I can’t work now for 48hrs. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Lio said:

Not sure. I think it was during the last show, he posted a pic, I think, of himself backstage with some meds and hashtagged headache and sick or something. I don't know if he had the same thing, of course, but I did think immediately: hope Axl doesn't get it :lol:

you are a witch :lol::anger:

• Haha 1

There are times when the show must NOT go on. It was irresponsible for them to take the stage. Axl was not healthy enough to perfom. From TB I expect nothing because for them Axl is just a money machine. Beside being themselves cluless amateur managers. But I can't believe Slash and Duff allowed this. What the fuck were they thinking? It was them who needed to be the adults in the room. And take matters into their own hands. It was clear Axl needed to stay in bed recovering from his illness. And if they need to cancel more shows. Well so be it! The important thing is Axl's health.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, Alja said:

So he might feel like he can make

It doesn't matters what he feels. It matters what the doctor says. Asssuming somebody bothered to call a doctor. If there were expectations, nobody wins with a bad show that needed to end earlier. This show should've never happened

On 11/24/2018 at 12:30 AM, Tori72 said:

Axl always has been a talker without action. Do you all remember the interview when he had the skeleton jacket on. He talked about a movie, too and lots of stuff he wanted to do but never happened. He’s full of creative ideas but for some reasons is not able to bring them on ...

Same like Me N' Im not proud

• Haha 2

I think Axl overestimated his energy and underestimated his health and age. When you are hitting 60 you can't take this kind of stuff so lightly. As you age, the way body responds to illness changes and it takes much longer to recover.

I'm sure it was him who wanted to do it, regardless of doctor advice and probably many other people who must have told him to not do it.

My big question is how come Slash and Duff allowed this... who knows which are the real dynamics among them.... it looks to me that Axl's opinion prevailed and well, he miscalculated his recovery..... Hopefully that will be a reality check for him, that he has to take more care of himself, do not push his limits and accept the passing of time.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Padme said:

It doesn't matters what he feels. It matters what the doctor says. Asssuming somebody bothered to call a doctor. If there were expectations, nobody wins with a bad show that needed to end earlier. This show should've never happened

Not precisely how it works. 

As a doctor you guide your (conscious) patient, not mentor him. If he is not obviously lunatic or dangerous to self or surroundings, you won't force him into any kind of treatment and regime. In a case like this, you as a doctor are called to a case. You see what you can do, and you do it, and talk to your patient what he thinks about his state, abilities, possible problems and dangers and stuff. You may discourage your patient from doing some stuff, but, after all, everyone is responsible for oneself and this has to be respected. 

Axl is under enormous pressure, there is multitude of nitpickers waiting for him to f*ck something up, to be unreasonably late or cancel a show, to throw a hissy and storm offstage, make any mistake... I guess people would be generally far more compassionate if something similar happened to Slash. But maybe I'm naive and universe is just full of morons and plain assholes.

There is that certain thing, that clicking with audience and... highly motivated people can do miraculous things. Axl wants to give it all and he would do anything for that, it's the deep magic of his performance and he nurtures from feedback he gets. There is something extraordinary, painful and pleasurable to perform on the edge, a kind of kamikaze performing, delirium - some people already mentioned that it was unusual, giving-it-all performance, that the performance wasn't bad.

I don't think anyone could stop Axl from stepping onstage if he feels like able to do so. Neither Slash, Duff, any other member of band or entourage, doctor... The doctor just has to respect patient's decision, pray for best and get ready and set up things for worst, that's how it works. You as a doctor guide people so they can make the path they chose as well as possible.

As far as Axl was able to walk away on his own, he wasn't that irresponsible.

So, again, respect.

Note: There is always medical help backstage solely for the band and entourage, they hire local seasoned professionals. (for plebs there are different teams) They have ambulance just for them and nearest well-equipped ICU is announced and some beds in ward are kept just for purpose of those important people (be it artists, sportsmen, politicians, royals...) They may even bring portable blood lab and stuff and set a mini-ICU backstage if needed, it' really not difficult. 

* It reminds me how Show must go on was recorded, they discouraged Freddie, that he's too weak to make it through the song, and he was like: "Darling, I'll f*cking do it." Rest is on the tape.

Edited by Alja
  • Like 2

Not only the die hards attend a show, not even regular fans...A few hits and a huge name would be enough for an amount of people to go to the “yoohoo” event near them..So, whatever the category someone falls into, no compassion is expected from the random concert attender or the average...They simply see it as a spoil of the party they've paid and waited for... Who cares about you dead or not... You either cancel (which would be a huge loss for many sides involved:promoters etc etc) or give the whole show...That's how most see it, I guess... And also count that, apart from the ticket,many have paid accommodation, flights etc...People can estimate problems when the problem is THEIRS..and... on the contrary the other one is no human...only a professional, a product.... Thoughts of compassion can take place when you have the mindset to think that regardless of who you are, we are all made from the same organic perishable material and just like you can fall dead sick same goes for Axl and every “Axl”.... but, in order to think like that, you have to have experienced some sorts of hell,like severe sickness,accidents that have made the feeling familiar to you...not that this is a guarantee that you'd show compassion at a given incident,just saying....

But Axl took the responsibility to throw the show no matter what, cause we really don't know the balances behind the scenes, and it is possible for him to have felt better at the moment he took the decision...

Once Marilyn Manson had collapsed, throwing up on stage,he had the flu,39c fever,doctor said cancel,but he did it with those results... and of course the incident made headlines the other day...Many factors and pressure behind the scenes, make the sentence “But he is a human being for F** shake” sound quite romantic... And no, I don't like cruel inhumanity at all.. I'm just saying that no one,or really few give a shit about your health condition when it comes to business...

*Ps* And of course i agree that if it was Slash or Duff the sick ones,people wouldn't have said too much....I guess,not sure.... But you know, it's like the anecdote... When you've cried wolf many times in the past, no one's gonna show up when the wolf is really at your doorstep.... :wacko: Bad fame is stronger that anythng...

Again,kudos to Axl and wishes for godspeed!

Edited by Lillie
  • Like 1