10/11/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

1 minute ago, Tonto said:

Not a good idea, someone might be disappointed that Tom Petty is dead. Its better not to do anything ever.

What? Do you think there are people attending the show that are disappointed that Chris Cornell Is dead? 

Just now, ironmt said:

What? Do you think there are people attending the show that are disappointed that Chris Cornell Is dead? 

Oh dear, maybe read the thread before replying? There is something called context, something lost on you clearly.

I was at the show tonight. Thought the band sounded so much tighter than when I saw them in Orlando. The tempo is finally right! Still don’t love Frank’s style for Guns, but he has adapted quite nicely. It sounded to me like bringing Pink on stage was a spontaneous thing. I could have sworn I heard Axl say something along the lines of “we didn’t plan this.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

That guest appearance isn't suprising for me at all. She was at one of the Billy Joel concerts with Axl 

Yep! And besides that there’s a old Axl’s interview (maybe 2006 or late I don’t remember exactly when) that he says that he likes her voice.

28 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

I didnt realize it was Axls job to eulogize every dead rockstar. 

I guess It's not, but when you play 9 cover songs a night why not play a good one from one of the greatest artists of all time? With the way Axl currently sounds he probably wouldn't do the song justice anyway. 

54 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

are you sure?

the most annoyng thing on the Guns n Aliens Tour besides the aliens themselves is the stupid fast tempo they are playing the songs

Guns N Aliens? ahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaah

president-obama-laughing.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ironmt said:

LMAO, Pink? I have heard the name but never heard any of her songs and all I know about her Is that she Is a pop singer, I think. Anyway, I wouldn't even bother to google her to find out due to It being a waste of time. This band Is going down the drain, even with the return of Slash and Duff.  I was looking forward to seeing them next month In Las Vegas, but there Isn't a chance at this point that I would waste $275.00 per ticket.  At this point, they are on the same level as the GNR cover bands that Axl fronted from 2000-2015. 

Yeah dude. You're like, totally too rock and roll for this shit. Just judging the performance on her singing is for pussies. How dare they work with someone who isn't totally rock and roll and shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🔫 Setlist 🥀

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Jam+Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here/Layla
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed/Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Madagascar 🥀
Jam/Patience ft. Pink 🥀
The Seeker
Paradise City

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, username said:

Yeah dude. You're like, totally too rock and roll for this shit. Just judging the performance on her singing is for pussies. How dare they work with someone who isn't totally rock and roll and shit. 

It was also just the very last Minute of the song. It's not like that she sang the whole time

Uh oh! Madagascar AGAIN?! I couldn't quite make out on the stream but it sounded like Axl said something like "Trigger warning for all the trolls on MyGNR: I'm really mad at Nascar..."

What's with the guy who keeps having a fit because they aren't covering Petty? Axl played with him one time. That doesn't oblige him to cover Free Fallin'. Maybe he's not that big a fan. Maybe he had a private falling out with Petty. Maybe he doesn't want to be seen as a the guy who covers everyone when they die. How many other people have dies during Guns tours who weren't covered?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ironmt said:

Hey RONIN I am really nothing In the over all grand scheme of things. Just an Idiot who has spent 30 years being a fan and spending money on a band that just doesn't care and I apologize to all of those that I argued with defending them. I am also an enormous Tom Petty fan and the fact that they didn't honor him Is an absolute Insult IMO. The Tom Petty situation was the start and Pink was the finish. 

Lol ! Comedy

I'd love to see one of these MSG shows, I've visited it once and it looks like a great venue. 

I'm not a Pink fan, I don't dislike her just fairly neutral about her music so I can't get worked up about a tiny guest spot. Weren't they backstage together recently at the Billy Joel show or did I imagine that?

Talking of Billy Joel maybe a load of his fans were really upset they had to put up with Axl for a few songs. Being upset about guest spots might work both ways. :P

I love the litho idea of all three having their own for each night. I would love a t-shirt but they are going to be super hard to get 2nd hand I imagine.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, username said:

Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit. If they are Interested In bringing In special guests than start with bringing In one of the two guys that helped make the band as successful as they are right now.

Yeah, I am to rock n roll for that shit. I can guarantee you that you won't find a fucking Pink CD In my collection.

• Like 1

Just now, ironmt said:

Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit. If they are Interested In bringing In special guests than start with bringing In one of the two guys that helped make the band as successful as they are right now.

Yeah, I am to rock n roll for that shit. I can guarantee you that you won't find a fucking Pink CD In my collection.

Be careful. CSI:MYGNR finds everything

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pink has a fantastic voice and she's a kickass performer but to be honest the problem with this is Axl gave her the best vocal part of the song. She sang the part that everyone in attendence waits to hear Axl sing. It's the best part of the fucking song and he stepped aside for Pink. 

Fucking christ. Axl tries harder and sounds better in AC/DC than he does with GnR, The fucking band does like 11 goddamn covers per set which is fucking stupid to be honest and now Axl is giving one of the best vocal spots in all of GnR's catelogue away to a guest singer? It's so fucking asinine. Axl Rose is literally taking the piss out of GnR fans.

• Like 2