GUNS N' ROSES Announces 'Guns N' Roses Was Here': An Exclusive Multi-Brand Retail Experience At Maxfield

The Maxfield sweatshirt is nice. The "FUCK OFF" ring is cool. I'll be interested in seeing how much the Axl sneakers are.

Aside from maybe one or two jackets, everything else looks pretty generic, honestly. Stuff I could make myself for likely 1/10 the cost.

Oh well. Not like I can afford anything anyway!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This was the thing that finally caused me to unfollow GN'R on the last piece of Social Media I was following them on; Snapchat.

Their general tack and sleaze (Slash's insta is disgusting), their sexist t-shirts and flogging the retail is the one thing that hasn't surprised me.  I knew what these guys were like when I signed up for them back when I saw the robot rape album art and was vaguely disturbed by it and didn't understand it, but it wasn't enough to turn me off the music.  So their sleazy attitude doesn't actually bother me.  They are what they are and they ain't gonna change.

I continue to be bothered and surprised by their attitude to their music and to releasing their music.  I know some people here are like, how could you be surprised?  But I was.  I am.  Maybe I just wasn't that cynical, as some here already were, but I sure am now.  It's the part that I can't get my head around.  Because I would have thought the music was what got them reunited in the first place (yes, yes, I know the cash, that's a given) but not the music?  No?  That's neither here nor there for them?  That's the part I don't understand.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Their general tack and sleaze (Slash's insta is disgusting), their sexist t-shirts and flogging the retail is the one thing that hasn't surprised me.  I knew what these guys were like when I signed up for them back when I saw the robot rape album art and was vaguely disturbed by it and didn't understand it, but it wasn't enough to turn me off the music.  So their sleazy attitude doesn't actually bother me.  They are what they are and they ain't gonna change.

I continue to be bothered and surprised by their attitude to their music and to releasing their music.  I know some people here are like, how could you be surprised?  But I was.  I am.  Maybe I just wasn't that cynical, as some here already were, but I sure am now.  It's the part that I can't get my head around.  Because I would have thought the music was what got them reunited in the first place (yes, yes, I know the cash, that's a given) but not the music?  No?  That's neither here nor there for them?  That's the part I don't understand.

It's not the sleezy attitude that bothers me. If that bothered me, I would've have become a fan in the first place lol. This whole thing just reeks of corporate greed & slime which is what is so off putting to me. I'm equally pissed about the lack of any care about new music as well though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's not the sleezy attitude that bothers me. If that bothered me, I would've have become a fan in the first place lol. This whole thing just reeks of corporate greed & slime which is what is so off putting to me. I'm equally pissed about the lack of any care about new music as well though.

Yeah, I know what you mean by the corporate greed and slime. Not very punk now is it Duff?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Kinda surprised by your reaction. You're usually the most rational one regarding to what this whole reunion is ;)

Just now, xBrownstonex said:

Kinda surprised by your reaction. You're usually the most rational one regarding to what this whole reunion is ;)

I honestly don't think I'm being anywhere near irrational, I'm just being realistic.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I wasnt saying you're irrational. I understand this thing is way over the top. 

You were just always the "what else did you expect" guy ;)

Fair enough :) I guess even I didn't expect this unfortunately :facepalm:

I love this reunion the band sounds great, im hoping for alive release and a new album maybe, but i think back 10 years ago no one would have thought this would have ever happened. quit bitching that izzy and steven arent there, i could care less if they were involved.