If Slash goes back to SMKC after the tour..

12 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Slash even considered to ask Axl singing one song on his self titeld knowing he wouldn't accept at the time.

I always got the feeling that song was Watch This, the instrumental with Duff and Dave Grohl. Axl's vocals would have elevated that to something amazing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amir said:

I always got the feeling that song was Watch This, the instrumental with Duff and Dave Grohl. Axl's vocals would have elevated that to something amazing.

That's my favorite tune on the album, and I totally agree with the bolded ^^^^!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Hope not but like I said in another topic the rumour is that Axl planning to do more show with Angus in 2018 and thats comes from Angus son. So maybe it will happen 

I remember seeing that thing with Angus son, do you remember where that was? Facebook post perhaps? I'd like to see it again

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I remember seeing that thing with Angus son, do you remember where that was? Facebook post perhaps? I'd like to see it again

Yeah don't know I didnt see it on fb. A mate is friends with Angus son and was told that Angus is keen to do some more show with Axl nothing was confirmed at that stage it was just in the works

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Yeah don't know I didnt see it on fb. A mate is friends with Angus son and was told that Angus is keen to do some more show with Axl nothing was confirmed at that stage it was just in the works

Nevermind I mixed it up with this

https://www.alternativenation.net/malcolm-young-son-claims-axl-rose-is-joining-acdc/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maynard said:

We probably won't listen to Axl and Slash together in a recording ever again. And it's all on Axl. Slash would be the first to push the REC button and make things happen.

Yep.

I was just telling my wife last night that the upcoming Detroit GN'R show will probably be the last time I see Axl Rose perform live in person. I just can't bring myself to care if he doesn't. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

...if this tour runs till the contracts expire, Axl takes a break, Slash/Duff/Matt/Izzy form a band and Axl feels sucked in, remember, that is entirely new situation, for, that band doesn't need to go under GNR logo, but it can.  Ax left alone with everyone ' contracts expired is not on the top of the helm anymore.

8 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

on the sidenote...

if this tour is really the end of this band, I can't imagine Slash and Duff going apart again.  Just can't.  I expect them to work with Matt and Izzy in some shape or form, wheather or not that will involve Axl, who knows...

Slash has his longtime bassplayer in Todd. ACDC needs a bass player on the other hand..

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep.

I was just telling my wife last night that the upcoming Detroit GN'R show will probably be the last time I see Axl Rose perform live in person. I just can't bring myself to care if he doesn't. 

Can I ask why you're so sure that Axl won't record a new Guns album?  At the very least, I'd say it's an open book atm, rather than a closed one.  

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Can I ask why you're so sure that Axl won't record a new Guns album?  At the very least, I'd say it's an open book atm, rather than a closed one.  

Because of the length of time between 1994 and 2008, then the length of time between 2008 and now.

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

The problem I see with a new Guns album is that it will likely be complicated (it shouldn't be that way but past experience tells us it will be :lol:).

As much as I loved seeing Axl with AC/DC it does give him an easy out, post GNR, where he still gets to be a top of the pile rockstar legend but with much less hassle and pressure. Slash can go back to SMKC and record to his hearts content (no doubt taking much increased exposure for that band with him). Duff will get by as he always has, also with a higher profile, and everyone parts on good terms probably with the option to tour again a few years down the line.

The only unhappy people in this scenario are diehard fans who want new GNR music. It's not clear how much this matters to Axl or indeed how he feels about putting out new music full stop, though arguably the lack of output over long periods is suggestive of it being problematic for whatever variety of reasons.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Because of the length of time between 1994 and 2008, then the length of time between 2008 and now.

I think there's a question now with regards to their legacy and whether they want to tamper with it by putting out another release - especially in a marketplace where new music is largely irrelevant for large established bands. If they release something disappointing, it might take some air out of the legend of classic GnR w/ critics and fans. 

There's a famous saying in Hollywood that might be applicable to this scenario: "You're only as good as your last release. "

30 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I think there's a question now with regards to their legacy and whether they want to tamper with it by putting out another release - especially in a marketplace where new music is largely irrelevant for large established bands. If they release something disappointing, it might take some air out of the legend of classic GnR w/ critics and fans. 

There's a famous saying in Hollywood that might be applicable to this scenario: "You're only as good as your last release. "

I agree with you ronin. I think not wanting to tamper with their legacy is one of the main reasons. But what is considered their last release ? Uyi 1&2, tsi or cd (which personally for me is a struggle to finish listening to the entire album, just can't find anything good or worth it in it)

• Like 1