Jump to content
ludurigan

IZZY STRADLIN (and MATT SORUM) show up at movie festival in Palm Springs

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

IMO Izzy wanted to wait and see how the tour plays out before he makes any commitment. If you pedal back to early 2016 even Slash wouldnt have thought this would go smooth.

Also it could be possible they are going for the highest grossing tour in history since they have the advantage of the "not in this lifetime reunion" of Slash and Axl that no other band has, and it's a powerful one that no other band may be able to reach this tour later on. They could continue the tour on to 2019 and even 2020 by bringing back everyone from Izzy to Matt to Steven, bring back UYI deep cuts etc to keep it interesting. That's not too far fetched to be their plan imo, and it removes the question for new music since maybe they don't know about that either atm. Just by bringing back Izzy and Adler to be in the shows they could do another year of stadiums without having to record anything.

I agree with the first part of your post. From the bands point of view would diving straight into a AFD 5 be the best way to heal a 20 year rift between Slash and Axl ? I imagine Izzy is someone who would rather see how it plays out before committing to a 2 year world tour. 

Personally I think a AFD reunion  could’ve worked but I can understand why they didn’t if it was for reasons along these lines. I think Izzy and Adler we’re invited for the April shows only with views of guest appearances later on.  But money and percentages started getting in the way and ruined any chance of one of the greatest rock reunions ever. It’s a shame really. 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, Tomek1985 said:

Wow, nice. He is getting old though.

guess what? you will too

Edited by RJ88
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys...

You just all miss ONE point : nobody needs Izzy to come back. Nobody.

NITL is the 4th biggest tour in music history... without Izzy.

It's all about Slash and Fortus on guitar. They are the ones the entire world wants to see.

End of story.

Edited by Sunset Boulevard
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EvanG said:

Richard, stop posting here... this is getting embarrassing.

I'm sure not even Richard is so deluded.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Guys...

You just all miss ONE point : nobody original GNR Fans need s Izzy to come back. Nobody. Axl Rose/CD/casual/radio/event fans don't care.

NITL is the 4th biggest tour in music history... without Izzy.

It's all about Slash and Fortus on guitar. They are He is the one s the entire world wants to see.

End of story.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Guys...

You just all miss ONE point : nobody needs Izzy to come back. Nobody.

NITL is the 4th biggest tour in music history... without Izzy.

It's all about Slash and Fortus on guitar. They are the ones the entire world wants to see.

End of story.

TROLL!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tremolo said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that Izzy wanted to be a part of this.

I think that when the unthinkable happened (Axl and Slash talking again and wanting to tour/reunite the band), Izzy might have thought that maybe that meant that Axl had become more flexible and wasn’t the tyrant he had become when he (Izzy) was still in the band; and why wouldn’t he –or anyone for that matter– think that? It seemed doubtful that Slash and Duff would go back to GNR if it was going to be the same old story all over again.

Then there were talks and what was presented to Izzy led him to believe that this new version of GNR wasn’t that different from what it used to be: it’s Axl calling the shots, not everyone being seen or considered as an equally important part of the equation, etc.

Izzy doesn’t come accross as an irrational guy who will send it all to hell if things don’t go exactly the way he wants. He had a very bad experience being in a band with a nutjob of a singer, it just makes sense if he wants to avoid putting himself in the same scenario again; that’s a guy who learned from his own experience and is not willing to go through anything that resembles what he had to put up with back then.

And in all honesty, what does GNR have to show since this tour started? Just nostalgia, ticket sales and profit. Oh and Coma. Other than that... what? Performances have been mediocre, Axl hasn’t given it his best on stage. Lots of cringeworthy moments, a very stale setlist, an incredibly low performance at RIR. 

This was the biggest rock comeback of the century, and it has been very bland compared to what it could and should have been: the big 3 on top of their game, absolutely crushing it every night. But since the money is somewhat guaranteed, why bother, right? It makes me wonder about the real motivations behind this whole thing.

 

I don’t get why some people here like to shit on Izzy. The guy has been a class act about this whole thing, he’s just minding his own business, making music, not whoring himself out to the media, etc. I guess those people see things in black and white and are so polarized it’s impossible for them to have a bit of perspective instead of taking sides.

I don’t think the dynamics in the current band are the same as they were in 91-93, but it seems clear who had to compromise more to make this happen. Money talks after all.

that makes a lot of sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tremolo said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that Izzy wanted to be a part of this.

I think that when the unthinkable happened (Axl and Slash talking again and wanting to tour/reunite the band), Izzy might have thought that maybe that meant that Axl had become more flexible and wasn’t the tyrant he had become when he (Izzy) was still in the band; and why wouldn’t he –or anyone for that matter– think that? It seemed doubtful that Slash and Duff would go back to GNR if it was going to be the same old story all over again.

Then there were talks and what was presented to Izzy led him to believe that this new version of GNR wasn’t that different from what it used to be: it’s Axl calling the shots, not everyone being seen or considered as an equally important part of the equation, etc.

Izzy doesn’t come accross as an irrational guy who will send it all to hell if things don’t go exactly the way he wants. He had a very bad experience being in a band with a nutjob of a singer, it just makes sense if he wants to avoid putting himself in the same scenario again; that’s a guy who learned from his own experience and is not willing to go through anything that resembles what he had to put up with back then.

And in all honesty, what does GNR have to show since this tour started? Just nostalgia, ticket sales and profit. Oh and Coma. Other than that... what? Performances have been mediocre, Axl hasn’t given it his best on stage. Lots of cringeworthy moments, a very stale setlist, an incredibly low performance at RIR. 

This was the biggest rock comeback of the century, and it has been very bland compared to what it could and should have been: the big 3 on top of their game, absolutely crushing it every night. But since the money is somewhat guaranteed, why bother, right? It makes me wonder about the real motivations behind this whole thing.

 

I don’t get why some people here like to shit on Izzy. The guy has been a class act about this whole thing, he’s just minding his own business, making music, not whoring himself out to the media, etc. I guess those people see things in black and white and are so polarized it’s impossible for them to have a bit of perspective instead of taking sides.

I don’t think the dynamics in the current band are the same as they were in 91-93, but it seems clear who had to compromise more to make this happen. Money talks after all.

It's the fourth highest grossing tour of all time, the band seems to be having fun and the vast majority attending shows are enjoying themselves. It's been a success and the general attitude towards GNR is positive for once. The vast majority don't care who the drummer is and aren't bored with the setlist because they're not watching every show through Periscope.

As for Izzy, it's not "talking shit" about him to suggest there are reasons he's not there that could be his own fault, his own choosing or at the very least not a simple "because Axl screwed him" scenario. I like Izzy. I'd prefer he be there but it's not a deal breaker for me. I can see why Izzy would be hesitant to sign up for 2 years of touring and I can see why they'd be hesitant to believe they could depend on Izzy for 2 years of touring. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Guys...

You just all miss ONE point : nobody needs Izzy to come back. Nobody.

NITL is the 4th biggest tour in music history... without Izzy.

It's all about Slash and Fortus on guitar. They are the ones the entire world wants to see.

End of story.

How long did your survey of the entire world take? 

  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust me I've tried before and Sunset never replies, and is imo just a troll to grind peoples gears. He's better blocked and just ignored, otherwise you're just giving him what he wants, reading these replies while he laughs in his moms basement. No one seriously believes Fortus has anything to do with how many tickets GNR sold. They could have had a complete unknown on rhythm and it would've done just as well, if not even better with Izzy or Gilby there.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

It's the fourth highest grossing tour of all time, the band seems to be having fun and the vast majority attending shows are enjoying themselves. It's been a success and the general attitude towards GNR is positive for once. The vast majority don't care who the drummer is and aren't bored with the setlist because they're not watching every show through Periscope.

As for Izzy, it's not "talking shit" about him to suggest there are reasons he's not there that could be his own fault, his own choosing or at the very least not a simple "because Axl screwed him" scenario. I like Izzy. I'd prefer he be there but it's not a deal breaker for me. I can see why Izzy would be hesitant to sign up for 2 years of touring and I can see why they'd be hesitant to believe they could depend on Izzy for 2 years of touring. 

It’s funny that you avoid the “quality” aspect and speak only from one perspective: the fan that is all forgiving because all that matters is Axl ans Slash playing WTTJ and SCOM.

I meant it from the band perspective. Despite how much you and others have enjoyed the tour, it doesn’t feel GNR have given it their 100%, that or their standard.

I don’t care much about how the whole thing transpired, and I don’t claim to know. It’s all just guessing. And I meant people saying he’s irrelevant to GNR, that he can’t play... lots of trolls around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tremolo said:

It’s funny that you avoid the “quality” aspect and speak only from one perspective: the fan that is all forgiving because all that matters is Axl ans Slash playing WTTJ and SCOM.

I meant it from the band perspective. Despite how much you and others have enjoyed the tour, it doesn’t feel GNR have given it their 100%, that or their standard.

I don’t care much about how the whole thing transpired, and I don’t claim to know. It’s all just guessing. And I meant people saying he’s irrelevant to GNR, that he can’t play... lots of trolls around here.

But the shows are getting good reviews, so, what's the "quality" issue? Axl doesn't sound as good? The band doesn't sound as good? The setlist isn't changing enough? If the quality isn't what it used to be it might be because they're in their 50's. Regardless, I'm seeing a situation here where the band puts on a show and the majority of people have a good time and come away satisfied from that show and I'm not quite sure what the problem with that is. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Trust me I've tried before and Sunset never replies, and is imo just a troll to grind peoples gears. He's better blocked and just ignored, otherwise you're just giving him what he wants, reading these replies while he laughs in his moms basement. No one seriously believes Fortus has anything to do with how many tickets GNR sold. They could have had a complete unknown on rhythm and it would've done just as well, if not even better with Izzy or Gilby there.

Yeah..But I don´t buy it! I can see irony in his posts..So probably it´s just a Fortus hater trying to milking even more hate against him..And he´s getting what he wants..just take a look at the reactions..He´s good..he knows what he does..

 

God! Sometimes we are very very naive over here! :facepalm:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

But the shows are getting good reviews, so, what's the "quality" issue? Axl doesn't sound as good? The band doesn't sound as good? The setlist isn't changing enough? If the quality isn't what it used to be it might be because they're in their 50's. Regardless, I'm seeing a situation here where the band puts on a show and the majority of people have a good time and come away satisfied from that show and I'm not quite sure what the problem with that is. 

 

the problem is the vast majority of the concert goeers have no clue what the real gnr sound is and have no idea what the true classic gnr sounded/sounds like - the majority are fan boys and wannabee chick fans plus dad rockers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

the problem is the vast majority of the concert goeers have no clue what the real gnr sound is and have no idea what the true classic gnr sounded/sounds like - the majority are fan boys and wannabee chick fans plus dad rockers 

So it's a problem for GNR hipsters then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

So it's a problem for GNR hipsters then?

problem for die hards funny guy or for anyone that knew the real gnr

put things in perspective i gave away my 5 tickets to see NITL at a loss b/c i couldn't stomach seeing them again as is not to mention the below par drumming and stage sluttiness that fortus exhibits 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derick said:

Yeah..But I don´t buy it! I can see irony in his posts..So probably it´s just a Fortus hater trying to milking even more hate against him..And he´s getting what he wants..just take a look at the reactions..

Yeah, to me that's quite obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I'd really love to see him on stage with his brothers again. These guys are really taking time for granted - one day they will start dying off :(  Some things money can't buy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derick said:

Yeah..But I don´t buy it! I can see irony in his posts..So probably it´s just a Fortus hater trying to milking even more hate against him..And he´s getting what he wants..just take a look at the reactions..He´s good..he knows what he does..

 

God! Sometimes we are very very naive over here! :facepalm:

...

Would a Fortus hater troll make posts such as "Fortus will blow us away on the next album:headbang:" or "Fortus sounds AWESOME with the gretch!", "Fortus is very important in the sound of the band. Incredible player."? 

How about you research the guy a little more before calling people naive? He has plenty posts of praising Fortus without the what you perceive as "ironic" tone aswell, no he really means what he says. It is so ridiculous people think he's being sarcastic, should be quite telling.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×