Gambit83

Guns N' Roses first ever radio interview

On 07/07/2018 at 8:23 PM, Nikki_Sixx said:

I was talking about this quote above.

That seems impossible to me.  There must have been a falling out between Slash, Steven, Axl and Darrow, and then only months later Slash auditons for Poison.

Right ?

Isn’t that in slash’s book. That axl fucked his girlfriend or something and they fell out briefly.

Does anyone know if the audio snippets of the songs are available anywhere?

Bumping this thread on the off-chance anyone knows if the snippets of the songs are available anywhere (i.e. the songs isolated away from the interview)?

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Bumping this thread on the off-chance anyone knows if the snippets of the songs are available anywhere (i.e. the songs isolated away from the interview)?

Doubtful. I don't think anyone ever heard it until it was posted on YT. It's truly a gem of early GN'R history.

6 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Doubtful. I don't think anyone ever heard it until it was posted on YT. It's truly a gem of early GN'R history.

Yeah - I know there are some ‘technical whizzes’ around who can create their own stuff/audio from videos like youtube etc. Just wondered if it had been done! 👍

AAARGH - looks like the video has been removed! Anyone know where else I might be able to hear it?

Article in L.A. Weekly, March 22, 1985 (Friday), mentioning the formation of the band, the upcoming show at the Troubadour (March 26) and the radio interview, which would be on Sunday, so March 24:

1985_013.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Article in L.A. Weekly, March 22, 1985 (Friday), mentioning the formation of the band, the upcoming show at the Troubadour (March 26) and the radio interview, which would be on Sunday, so March 24:

1985_013.jpg

"smelted down"😄  I wonder if that interview was done live between 3 and 6 am or was taped and played at that time.

6 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Completely missed that this happened and would love to hear it. If it's not re-upped somewhere did anyone rip it off youtube?.. 

Raz debuted it on my show along with guest Rob Gardner. It's at right at the beginning.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/theafdshow/ep-50-rob-gardner-original-drummer-of-gu

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Raz debuted it on my show along with guest Rob Gardner. It's at right at the beginning.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/theafdshow/ep-50-rob-gardner-original-drummer-of-gu

We all know W.A. reads the threads. That's why he just filed a claim on this ep. on SoundCloud. Also flagged a South Park gif on my FB. Too funny. What a sweet boy.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

We all know W.A. reads the threads. That's why he just filed a claim on this ep. on SoundCloud. Also flagged a South Park gif on my FB. Too funny. What a sweet boy.

I can think of plenty of things to call him....and sweet boy is not one of them 🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I can think of plenty of things to call him....and sweet boy is not one of them 🤣

he will use anything i say or do and try to weaponize it.

I see you, Mr Bagel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah he refuses to admit his attack on me two weeks ago, even though he also tweeted about it and I was provided screenshots by someone of the fake account they set up on "truth" under my username which had to be approved by their admin.  

That's ok, I have all the proof I need and know who was responsible. 🖕 

He's not bagel boy anymore, now he is pizza boy 🤣

Edited by BlueJean Baby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3