06/26/18 - Bordeaux, France - Matmut Stadium

downzy

9 hours ago, ironmt said:

From 2:17 on his voice is just so thin and whiny, IMO. Although the first part of the song sounded ok. I have been hoping for a decent version of this song since the tour started and came across two tolerable versions.

Which ones would they be?

12 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Haven’t seen anything from Coachella or the warmup leg for well over a year and all I can say is that it looks like Axl could hit the higher notes in estranged way easier with little effort and quite smoother than he can now. The mickey voice then almost sounds better than it does now. I don’t know if it’s because he was sitting so it was easier to breathe or he was just way stronger vocally.

Definitely sitting helps a lot...getting winded while moving affects his breathing a lot. Sitting is way more akin to how it would be in a studio environment. I'll check these out though, cheers.

1 hour ago, Gem Archer said:

Best Shadow, certainly timing wise! Also last two shows he's holding the "living" note much more like the studio version which is good to see and obviously shows from time to time he either reviews the performances or has been listening to the track on his spotify lol.

Edited by colonizedmind

19 hours ago, Dar97 said:

wow 

Estranged is one song where I think Axl's clean voice sounds fine. It would be better if he sounded like 1993 of course, but I don't find the clean sound as jarring here as it is in a bad Welcome to the Jungle or YCBM. 

2 hours ago, Caedo said:

Estranged is one song where I think Axl's clean voice sounds fine. It would be better if he sounded like 1993 of course, but I don't find the clean sound as jarring here as it is in a bad Welcome to the Jungle or YCBM. 

Cause it's mid tempo and much more mellow a song than those two...It doesn't require or originally have the same vocal attack

Definitely think he sounded good on Slither and Shadow of Your Love! Slither I liked his little parts before Slash’s solo. Seemed like something he would have added in the old days. And there was some grit on both of these performances that is missing at other times during the show 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gem Archer said:

Outstanding performance! Sure there's still some very minor timing issues, but I think complaining about those is nitpicking. It's a live performance after all and when we're talking about a fast song like SOYL you can't expect it to sound exactly like the studio version.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corben01 said:

Yes. There were 15 / 150 on sale outside as I know. 

Yeah I saw two merch stands outside and one had lithos. I got it about 2:30pm. By the time I went back about 4 they’d gone. Where was merch inside? I was FOS/GC and couldn’t see any merch in that area?

25 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Yeah I saw two merch stands outside and one had lithos. I got it about 2:30pm. By the time I went back about 4 they’d gone. Where was merch inside? I was FOS/GC and couldn’t see any merch in that area?

Don't know. I wasn't there... 

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

His timing is still a bit off on Shadow to me but he kicked ass on Slither! Definitely seems comfortable and into it now!! \m/

He nailed the first verse but he tripped up a bit on the 2nd. Definitey better than what it was. I think it's a case of him trying to figure out where he needs to take his breath is throwing him. I know he played it 30yrs ago easily but it's fairly rapid fire and he's no spring chicken... I also think there's under preparation at play. Tonally he sounds great on that song though.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

He nailed the first verse but he tripped up a bit on the 2nd. Definitey better than what it was. I think it's a case of him trying to figure out where he needs to take his breath is throwing him. I know he played it 30yrs ago easily but it's fairly rapid fire and he's no spring chicken... I also think there's under preparation at play. Tonally he sounds great on that song though.

Yeah, just listened to Shadow again and it is pretty damn close. Way better than I envisioned it sounding before the tour started and much better than the first handful of attempts.  Same with Slither.. I just wish he would spend a couple days hashing these new songs out and rehearsing with the band before they play them instead of using live shows to do this.  It is always the first performance videos that get blasted all over the internet and everyone watches. I had a few people reach out to me about Slither when they first played it and thought it was pretty bad.. Finally this show the rendition of Slither was good enough to change those peoples minds. I sent the link to a few people and they all thought it was much improved.  Back on Shadow though, it gives me hope that they could actually still do a decent Reckless Life or Nice Boys if they wanted to.

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, just listened to Shadow again and it is pretty damn close. Way better than I envisioned it sounding before the tour started and much better than the first handful of attempts.  Same with Slither.. I just wish he would spend a couple days hashing these new songs out and rehearsing with the band before they play them instead of using live shows to do this.  It is always the first performance videos that get blasted all over the internet and everyone watches. I had a few people reach out to me about Slither when they first played it and thought it was pretty bad.. Finally this show the rendition of Slither was good enough to change those peoples minds. I sent the link to a few people and they all thought it was much improved.  Back on Shadow though, it gives me hope that they could actually still do a decent Reckless Life or Nice Boys if they wanted to.

The! I'd love to hear some of those two. Probably more chance of that than PTU or dead horse, perfect crime

Totally agree, my brother heard that slither debut and thought it was crap, showed him one of the recent ones and he was pretty impressed. A bit of extra work would go a long way, I think the rest of the band just want to play new stuff so even when Axl isn't knocking it out of the park they just go with it because he finally gave the greenlight on something and probably figure he'll eventually warm into it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The! I'd love to hear some of those two. Probably more chance of that than PTU or dead horse, perfect crime

Totally agree, my brother heard that slither debut and thought it was crap, showed him one of the recent ones and he was pretty impressed. A bit of extra work would go a long way, I think the rest of the band just want to play new stuff so even when Axl isn't knocking it out of the park they just go with it because he finally gave the greenlight on something and probably figure he'll eventually warm into it

They did do nice boys at one of the sydney shows I went to in feb 2017 so its possible it will happen again. 

Edited by vloors