05/10/2018 - Adler's Appetite - Whisky A Go Go

20 minutes ago, kevinb said:

Yeah, that guy was me.  I was at the show but left early.  Steven and his band didn't go onstage until after 11:30 PM.  Slash's father was there watching London's performance and we spoke and he told me Slash is actually in Florida recording with Miles.  That's what he told me.  Slash's son London really did a great job on drums, lots of energy and especially good on the drums, not to mention for his young age.  I was very impressed with his drumming, which was highlighted nicely during the performance.  It was of course great to see Steven up there onstage but the new singer seemed out of place and his vocals were not great and he messed up on some verses at end of Mr. Brownstone and part of Civil War as I recall.  Not much stage presence but I guess you really can't compare to Axl... I'm sure he's a great singer vocally but didn't really connect on the GNR songs in my opinion.   It was cool to see everyone, though.  I saw Vicky Hamilton chatting with Adler's wife, everyone was happy.   Perla and London were having a great time hanging out with their mutual friends and each other.  They seemed really happy.  Eddie Trunk looked exhausted, probably flew in from East Coast at last minute for the event.  Eddie Trunk introduced Adler and said he is "every bit as much a part of Guns N' Roses history as anyone else in that band", to which everyone cheered.  Michelle Young was really into the music.  Overall fun experience but I left feeling sad for Steven.  I shook his hand and greeted him briefly before he went onstage but that was it.  They were selling shirts for Adler's Appetite and Classless Act upstairs.  It was hard to take pictures of everyone in a rather tight space but definitely a night to remember.  Later, guys...

Great and very detailed description of this event 👏

Opening song Reckless Life, I cannot remember the order of songs after that but It's so Easy, My Michelle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Think about you, Mr. Brownstone, then Civil War, then it was so crowded and late and became less and less fun so I left at around 12: 30 AM.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why are you feeling sad for Steven? :unsure:

Just because he is trying so much to preserve the legacy of GNR and bring music to the fans and he was barely included in the reunion (possibly for good reasons) tour with Axl/Slash/Duff even though he would have loved for a full reunion.  Maybe someday...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevinb said:

Yeah, that guy was me.  I was at the show but left early.  Steven and his band didn't go onstage until after 11:30 PM.  Slash's father was there watching London's performance and we spoke and he told me Slash is actually in Florida recording with Miles.  That's what he told me.  Slash's son London really did a great job on drums, lots of energy and especially good on the drums, not to mention for his young age.  I was very impressed with his drumming, which was highlighted nicely during the performance.  It was of course great to see Steven up there onstage but the new singer seemed out of place and his vocals were not great and he messed up on some verses at end of Mr. Brownstone and part of Civil War as I recall.  Not much stage presence but I guess you really can't compare to Axl... I'm sure he's a great singer vocally but didn't really connect on the GNR songs in my opinion.   It was cool to see everyone, though.  I saw Vicky Hamilton chatting with Adler's wife, everyone was happy.   Perla and London were having a great time hanging out with their mutual friends and each other.  They seemed really happy.  Eddie Trunk looked exhausted, probably flew in from East Coast at last minute for the event.  Eddie Trunk introduced Adler and said he is "every bit as much a part of Guns N' Roses history as anyone else in that band", to which everyone cheered.  Michelle Young was really into the music.  Overall fun experience but I left feeling sad for Steven.  I shook his hand and greeted him briefly before he went onstage but that was it.  They were selling shirts for Adler's Appetite and Classless Act upstairs.  It was hard to take pictures of everyone in a rather tight space but definitely a night to remember.  Later, guys...

Thanks for the Slash info. Myles did vocals in Florida for the last album as well and Slash went with him then too. 

50 minutes ago, kevinb said:

Just because he is trying so much to preserve the legacy of GNR and bring music to the fans and he was barely included in the reunion (possibly for good reasons) tour with Axl/Slash/Duff even though he would have loved for a full reunion.  Maybe someday...

Aww... I think he will have his redemption day, sooner or later :)

• Like 2

This is the frontman that Adler was talking about?? he sucks live lol

34 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Geez I love Steven but I don't get why he's doing Adler's Appetite again and not playing with the band Adler :( Jacob was such a good singer and had stage presence and also they weren't a lame GNR cover band. They actually had a good album and music video. They could have still played appetite from beginning to end with Adler but also thrown in a few originals. My guess is Jacob and the guys didn't want to do it? It's a shame because Adler's Appetite just doesn't seem like a band that will ever release anything or make any waves whatsoever besides being a bad gnr cover band because none of the players have any presence besides Steven. Like literally none. 

The first guy was good too! The one that sang "Alive"

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Bloody hell, I'd take Mickey Mouse Axl over Constantine any day, yikes.

Also, it's quite depressing seeing Steven endlessly playing GNR cover sets instead of making a name for himself outside of GNR by making new music. I know he loves the whole 'for the fans' and 'authentic rock and roll' side of playing the hits in clubs for people, but it'd be nice to hear something other than him being a touring jukebox.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kevinb said:

Opening song Reckless Life, I cannot remember the order of songs after that but It's so Easy, My Michelle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Think about you, Mr. Brownstone, then Civil War, then it was so crowded and late and became less and less fun so I left at around 12: 30 AM.

I believe Nighttrain, Welcome To The Jungle and You Could Be Mine also played, probably after you left. They did go on late and it was so crowded, people pushing and mostly kids in the audience screaming for Constantine. It got so annoying at one point I left outside for a break then returned later.

From the videos I’ve seen glad I didn’t go my buddy hit me up yesterday to go .Hard to burn candle at both ends as I’ve gotten older and it being a work night I passed .They sound like a poor cover band to my ears.Havent heard back from my buddy to see if he had a good time 

22 minutes ago, gt72 said:

From the videos I’ve seen glad I didn’t go my buddy hit me up yesterday to go .Hard to burn candle at both ends as I’ve gotten older and it being a work night I passed .They sound like a poor cover band to my ears.Havent heard back from my buddy to see if he had a good time 

Constantine may not have been the best choice to be the singer, but the rest of the band is very good. Definitely not a poor cover band. Steven is big enough where he can get very good players to be part of his group, and he definitely nabbed solid guitar players and bassist. I know Carl Restivo, the rhythm player, and he is extremely talented. Calling them a "poor cover band" is a pretty amateur comment. Just because they're not Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff doesn't mean that they're not good.

Edited by LikeADog93
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, kevinb said:

Yes, he was in Seattle and then went straight to Florida.  That's what I was told.

I just talked to my buddy who was there and Slash was not there...kind of messed up since he was advertised to be there on MusicCares Instagram page with his picture 

This singer is good. REALLY GOOD. You guys are not being good and fair judges of talent and professionalism/musicianship.

He is clearly doing his own thing instead of trying to mimic Axl. Problem is you want Axl.

This guy is a professional singer and stage performer. 

The other Adler Appetire singer was a joke. Another Axl wannabe. 

Best AA record by far was the first one with Jizzy Pearl singing and Keri Kelli on guitar. That album was raw and full of energy. Check out ‘99 cent tour’- -comparable to Nightrain. ‘Suicide” & even the ballad ‘Empty’ was good. And the best Thin Lizzy ‘Hollywood’ cover you will ever hear.

Jacob Bunton lineup was good but they probably wanted nothing to do with Steven after they were screwed over and forced to cancel their tour when Steven had to go back to rehab