Who here would be been more prepared to drop $1000 on all the Chinese demo sessions?

Just now, Jordan Rose said:

Ha, sorry Mr Jam, I shouldn't have mentioned it. Seriously, Chinese means more to me than anything and I wouldn't even play 30 secs over the phone for the chance it would hurt my ability to get more in the future. I've been trying since 2014 to get the new-vocal This I love to no avail. 

At least tell us what ya got!!! And then we can all collectively bully, harass, intimidate and verbally kick the shit out of you until you give up the goods! Sound like a plan?

I'd happily pay a grand for ALL of the CD session stuff. I'd have to be all of the demos and, like a hundred hours of material including live shows but I think that this era is much more interesting than AFD. 

50 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I've kept my word for years not to discuss and i'm sticking to that in the hope I an one day get more if it isn't released. All I will say is that Axl was right when he said "If you liked Chinese you'll like this" and it would be a crime of some kind if his other stuff didn't come out. 

Yeah. Bollocks. :lol: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I'd happily pay a grand for ALL of the CD session stuff. I'd have to be all of the demos and, like a hundred hours of material including live shows but I think that this era is much more interesting than AFD. 

No you wouldn't you lying bastard haha.

I know that curiosity is bigger than quality, and that fans are starving for new songs, but the less we hype those cd era songs, the better.

Those songs are all hype, and that hype is created by us, the fanbase! We have put those songs on a pedestal for years, and have been mocked around by just about everyone because of it, including the band members themselves. We have seen several times, even when Chinese Democracy was released, that like the Motorhead song states... The Chase is better than the catch! That line couldn't fit any better in this case!

We have a reunited band with Appetite on the rocks and the nightrain is finally moving. Let's focus on that and bury that whole Chinese Democracy era for good! It's not like we can look back and say it was a masterpiece of an era anyways...It was a waste of time really.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No you wouldn't you lying bastard haha.

I really would IF it was all of it. I'm talking 10 years plus of material. I was a big fan of Chinese Democracy and I was really excited about that lineup until Buckethead left. :shrugs: Would love to hear all those demos along with the 2000 and 2001 Vegas shows pro shot. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

100%.

I've been saying this for years! To me 98-2004 is the holy grail of unreleased stuff. At least with this era we know there is unreleased stuff deserving of a boxset, and I find this the most fascinating and intriguing GnR era. I also love Bucket. And for those that don't believe this is GnR - it was (just a continuation of what came before) and nobody would be forcing you to buy this.

source.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

I really would IF it was all of it. I'm talking 10 years plus of material. I was a big fan of Chinese Democracy and I was really excited about that lineup until Buckethead left. :shrugs: Would love to hear all those demos along with the 2000 and 2001 Vegas shows pro shot. 

You could end up spending a grand on a boxset of bleeps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I've kept my word for years not to discuss and i'm sticking to that in the hope I an one day get more if it isn't released. All I will say is that Axl was right when he said "If you liked Chinese you'll like this" and it would be a crime of some kind if his other stuff didn't come out. 

PM me buddy 

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You could end up spending a grand on a boxset of bleeps. 

I understand you are being a smartass, but you touch on a valid point that would come into play for a lot of people.   I am not alone in my lack of enthusiasm toward the "Oh My God" era GnR.  The more industrial, early mixes of CD songs don't impress me, and there is a fair chance that a CD box would feature exactly that.  If the "previously unreleased" portion of a CD box was the early "Let's work with Moby!" versions of CD I could safely skip them without feeling like I missed much.

To be clear, I am no opposed to those songs being released, I just wouldn't be dropping money on them.

4 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

No disrespect dude but you know how easy it is to claim that over the internet without any valid proof of ownership, right?

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 3

On 5/11/2018 at 5:17 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I've always wondered if we'd ever hear/see leaks from this gig (besides the few pics floating around). How did the band sound that night?

They sounded phenomenal, and Axl was still extremely mobile, even on the small stage. He was sounding killer on “Oh My God”, before his mic went out and he preceded to throw a tantrum backstage (I was up front on the side, so from my angle, I could see him stomping the hell out of the microphone). My dad was with me, and oddly enough, he thought Silk Worms was unbelievable live, in which it was. He still asks about it to this day, if it will ever come out ha..Axl still had the six pack going, and obviously cared a bit more about his physical appearance during this time period. I remember sneaking down to the gym at around 3am the night before, and Axl was training/kickboxing with his old bodyguard and Vanessa was keeping watch at the door. I’ve seen plenty of shows over the years since then, but the 12/29/01 show is by far the best I’ve ever seen by anyone ever.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Ha, sorry Mr Jam, I shouldn't have mentioned it. Seriously, Chinese means more to me than anything and I wouldn't even play 30 secs over the phone for the chance it would hurt my ability to get more in the future. I've been trying since 2014 to get the new-vocal This I love to no avail. 

Pm me! Can’t seem to message you

Edited by gavgnr

Appetite is by far my favorite record and nothing beats that GNR lineup for me. But I am not that excited about the AFD box. Move to the City take 8 simply doesn't make me shiver. Heard it all before, except The Plague which is likely very underwhelming. But new music from the lineup that created There Was a Time Better and Madascar? I would pay good money for that. New music always beat old, previously heard demos. Especially when the new songs can be killer as some songs off CD, and when it helps to fill in that most enigmatic period of GNR. 

• Like 2

On 11/05/2018 at 11:39 PM, Len Cnut said:

Fuck off :lol:  I wouldn't pay a grand for any recorded music, released or unreleased, on this planet.  

You've spent more than that on the result of an Arsenal game you fuckin' pranny! :lol: