Who here would be been more prepared to drop $1000 on all the Chinese demo sessions?

9 minutes ago, soon said:

So... you're saying that you do want the face tattoo, Shriners hat sticker and a bust of Fortus? :lol:

I don't want anything from the hacks, only Robin Finck, but I can get him in other ways :ph34r:

The bolded are the things that I don't want nowhere near me though!

Let's face reality here. Most of those songs are all Hype and no meat. However, we would all gladly pay to listen to it, even if we're disappointed a couple of minutes after.

I just hope that Axl does the recording of the vocals again. Listening to that "Checkmate/Jackie Chan" clip and "Going Down", the vocals didn't impress me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

I'd pay $1000 to Axl to cover the legal fees in order for him to transfer anything post 1997 to his own band name, including CD, reprint the album under this new band name, so that we can all forget this happened under the GNR brand.

Your are not interested in telling the truth, are you?

My first show was the 12/29/01 show in Vegas, when I was 17. Let me tell you, Axl WAS more inspired then, than he was now with Axl/DC. I know he has some good stuff in the vault from this period. I really want to hear SEVEN or THE GENERAL the most... I would pay to hear what he has been holding back all of these years for sure, but not quite that much.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

What's with those stupid CD related threads. Anyone willing to buy that box set for that price and not willing to buy the AFD boxset should immediatly leave this forum.

Why? Because they rather buy new music than songs that they've heard a billion times before? 

10 minutes ago, grogmug said:

My first show was the 12/29/01 show in Vegas, when I was 17. Let me tell you, Axl WAS more inspired then, than he was now with Axl/DC. I know he has some good stuff in the vault from this period. I really want to hear SEVEN or THE GENERAL the most... I would pay to hear what he has been holding back all of these years for sure, but not quite that much.

I've always wondered if we'd ever hear/see leaks from this gig (besides the few pics floating around). How did the band sound that night?

As a massive CD fan, I'm not prepared to drop that much on those demos.   Anyway, the unheard demos that interest me most are the abandoned 'End is Nigh' 96 sessions, where Axl swears that Slash was playing some seriously good shit (didn't he mention it was like Aerosmith Rocks?)   And even though there's no Axl vocals, I'd still be interested in hearing the music. 

Fuck off :lol:  I wouldn't pay a grand for any recorded music, released or unreleased, on this planet.  Not unless I was a very secure and very well invested and completely cynical multi millionaire.  A grand on a fuckin' bunch of pop music, if we've all got that sort of fuckin' money laying around to chuck on music don't lets waste it on a boxset of the unreleased outtakes of shit albums, lets have a whip round and cure world hunger.  Truly rock n roll has become a middle class pursuit.  Upper middle class at that.  I think its obscene, there's fuckin' people bedding down in this country tonight without a tenner to put on the meter to have the lights on.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

Assuming those things exist in fact, I'd pay $50. 

I dont believe they exist in more than idea forms, not even demos. Maybe Silkworms and other two or three songs are complete, but I dont believe they did much more than that.

Axl cant writte.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

I think a CD box would have so much more material we never heard before, but $1,000 for anything is just stupid.

Honestly, I'd be more interested in a CD box simply because that could contain 20-40 songs we never heard before vs the AFD box that has, what? 3?  Two of the three are 1 min long  demos, sans vocals.  Of course, if there is a CDII, that all goes out the window, because a lot of that material would end up there.