It's So Easy Video Discussion - Now Viewable on YouTube

26 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

oh and if you wanna spread nonsense information and make people believe that GNR did videos for brownstone and michelle, hey, go for it, its such fun to spread lies :rofl-lol:

Some director guy uploaded these videos a while ago. They were never officially released but the guy claims to have shoot them. :shrugs:

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Some director guy uploaded these videos a while ago. They were never officially released but the guy claims to have shoot them. :shrugs:

NOT a while ago. these were uploaded in 2010 and 2012.

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

yes, exactly, they were done as a "test" for the job of doing the you could be mine video

the band liked the result and hired the guy

I honestly think that this video and the AFD bundle is just a huge slap in the face to the fans that have stuck with them over all the years and BS.

This video has been online for years and remastering previously (un)officially released material is the definition of a band looking to squeeze as much money out of their loyal fans as they can.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RJ88 said:

I honestly think that this video and the AFD bundle is just a huge slap in the face to the fans that have stuck with them over all the years and BS.

This video has been online for years and remastering previously (un)officially released material is the definition of a band looking to squeeze as much money out of their loyal fans as they can.

For CD, we got zero videos and one album in 2008. In 99 we received Live Era and 2 illusion era videos with footage that was already 7-8 years old. The band is doing more now than they have in 2 1/2 decades. Like it or hate it, at least they are back on the charts creating a buzz.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, quikspade said:

For CD, we got zero videos and one album in 2008. In 99 we received Live Era and 2 illusion era videos with footage that was already 7-8 years old. The band is doing more now than they have in 2 1/2 decades. Like it or hate it, at least they are back on the charts creating a buzz.

+ in 1999 Oh My God happened and also (quite sneaky) SCOM at Big Daddy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

im surprised they'd release it considering the footage was used to incriminate Axl as a sado masochist towards Erin in that trial

Since she agreed to settle, she can't sue him again for the same thing, so I imagine there's no reason to keep the video hidden anymore.

1 hour ago, RJ88 said:

I'm very critical of the current affairs of the band, but I disagree the latest remastering work and all the comes with it is that bad. I'm definitely glad for stuff like the HD ISE video. For lovers of the real GNR era, it's invaluable material. And yes, it does make a difference to see it in such quality versus the crappy Youtube versions....

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

I'm very critical of the current affairs of the band, but I disagree the latest remastering work and all the comes with it is that bad. I'm definitely glad for stuff like the HD ISE video. For lovers of the real GNR era, it's invaluable material. And yes, it does make a difference to see it in such quality versus the crappy Youtube versions....

its the best video they've done PERIOD this says something 

good job GNR for once in a million years

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

57 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Who gives a fuck if they are back on the charts. All they’re selling is nostalgia, and it’s very overpriced.

And yet here you are on a post about that very nostalgia that you clearly dislike. I just don’t get it. By the way, I care that they’re back on the charts. My sons friends in school are talking about GN’R. It’s nice to see a new generation appreciating something that I do.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, tremolo said:

For starters, I love the ISE video, it’s the coolest video they ever did, it’s artsy and gritty, it immerses the viewer into what GNR was all about at the time. I haven’t seen this new version because creating an account seems like too much hassle.

I don’t mind GNR being a nostalgia act, that’s how I see them since 2016 or even 2010. I have accepted the fact and that way is easier to be clear on what to expect and what not.

Releasing the ISE video is pure 100% nostalgia, no preservatives added. Nothing wrong with that. I do have a problem with the way it is being released. How much is enough?

Some sidetracking for context:

In 1993 NIN made a short movie called Broken to promote the EP of the same name they released the year before. Due to its extreme graphic content it was never released. The movie leaked in the 90s and it was passed around on VHS with very shitty quality.

In 1997 NIN released Closure, a double VHS, one with a tour documentary for the Self-destruct Tour, the other one with music videos of the band. It’s a rare item today. There were talks later about releasing it on DVD, but it never happened.

Fast forward to 2006, Trent Reznor gave both things –the Broken movie and Closure– in great quality to the fans. For free. On The Pirate Bay. As a Holidays present.

Fast forward to 2018, today, this post. How much is enough? Their tour has been a commercial success, these guys have made insane amounts of money in thelast 2 years. Kudos! Nothing wrong with that. But how much is enough? This could have easily gone on youtube, for free, no hassle, no subscriptions/unsubscribe before they start charging you, just easy and simple: a video from the past in great quality for the fans and to continue promoting the GNR brand, the upcoming tour dates, and the AFD box.

So yeah, I find it’s shameless cash-grabbing. And you don’t get to dictate who gets to post what and where, and who should voice their opinions. Maybe in your head you think people with differing opinions from yours should just “keep it to themselves”, but that’s not the way it works.

On a side note, is there anything more LAME than being a kid and listening to your parents music? Kids should listen to music that scares and worries their parents, or at least make them go “that’s not music” while shaking their fist in the Ir. Good for you for making your son wear gnr onesies when he was a baby, but that doesn’t make the band any more relevant.

I’m not sure if your point is that NIN handles promotions better or you are more concerned with my sons baby clothes. I don’t mind intelligent dialog and some back and forth on opinions. I’ve never really cared for NIN so that’s all news to me. Personally though, your onesie joke just seems out of context with the rest of your argument. Lastly, my son doesn’t listen to GNR. He’s listens to starset or whatever that stuff is. But he thought it was cool and I’m good with that.  The same way I “discovered” the Eagles in 94 with my dad grinning ear to ear. To each their own, my friend.

23 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I also remember on eBay at some point years ago there was a seemingly official Live Era VCD (Video CD) with videos for Jungle, It's So Easy, and *I think* Paradise City

I didn’t think there was any official live era home video releases.