Going Down '02 Discussion ** NO LINKS **

5 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

So long story short, MLS somehow obtained CD Remixes, they got used to negotiate other things like saskatoon and hob 2001 and the CD demos from 2001. Now everything got leaked by the same guy responsible for blocking youtube channels for reasons unknown. Maybe wanted some glory?

Now.. what's left to leak? Shacker Remix? some 2010 proshot ? Checkmate?  I don't believe for a second that Atlas or The General are out there.

is that rly true? any chance you know whats on the 2001 CD?

7 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

Now.. what's left to leak? Shacker Remix? some 2010 proshot ? Checkmate?  I don't believe for a second that Atlas or The General are out there.

Shackler Remix
If The World Remix 
Oh My Good 2001
Silkworms 2006 
Jackie Chan/Checkmate
The General.
Those we know for sure are in circulation.
Forget about atlas.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for general n' checkmate either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Shackler Remix
If The World Remix 
Oh My Good 2001
Silkworms 2006 
Jackie Chan/Checkmate
The General.
Those we know for sure are in circulation.
Forget about atlas.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for general n' checkmate either.

There’s also a 2003 version of Oh My God

3 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

There is?? :o

Yes. It’s one of the ones that has maintained itself under the radar. But there are 2 versions of Oh My God that I know of (2001 and 2003) any others I have no knowledge of. There are other songs out there not on the list above as well. These demos would date back to before 2004. But that’s a whole other thing not worth getting into since they won’t leak. Anything listed above except Atlas has a chance to leak. 

7 hours ago, surforia said:

Wouldn't CD (the song) from 2001 be out there and still unleaked?

the 2001 versions that leaked now are NOT the ones from Boston/Albany 2002 promo. maybe the vocals sound similarly or even the same line, but instrumentally those sound differently. my guess is the 2001 demos were recorded before Buckethead (and only mixed in 2001), because they seem to have very little or no presence of his guitar. the songs on the promo do include Buckethead. at least I think so. of course all of these might have been heavily manipulated in the studio so all the things might have been glued together from various sessions.

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Ratbrain said:

The new acoustic version is better than the old electric version, anyone worked out the chord progressions yet?

I just listened to it (minus my geetar as i'm at work) but i'd say it's:

Verse: Cadd9 / Em / Am(moving to C) / Am / G / D (moving to Dsus4)

Arpeggiated pre-chorus bit: Em / Dsus4 / Cadd9(with a g on the high string)

Chorus: G / D / Em / C

End the Chorus on a big fat G chord and repeat lol

There's a few little changes and a couple of the C's have the bass note hitting the B and running down i think... but that sounds like it from my ears.... no doubt tuning down half a step to Eb

Lemme know if i got it right lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CoBrA2168 said:

I know of 2 versions of Going Down (one from last year, one from a few days ago).  It sounds like the one mentioned in this thread is a third version?

negative. only two exist:

1. the one leaked in 2013, which is electric, features Axl on backing vocals and it's in fact composed of May 2006 Bumblefoot guitar track in the left channel, baked on old demo in right channel (which might be like mid-2001-ish).

2. the one leaked recently, which is acoustic, features Tommy on both main and backing vocals, and was mixed (or maybe also recorded) in April 2001.

Edited by zombux

34 minutes ago, zombux said:

negative. only two exist:

1. the one leaked last year, which is electric, features Axl on backing vocals and it's in fact composed of May 2006 Bumblefoot guitar track in the left channel, baked on old demo in right channel (which might be like mid-2001-ish).

2. the one leaked recently, which is acoustic, features Tommy on both main and backing vocals, and was mixed (or maybe also recorded) in April 2001.

A slightly different version of the first one with a few extra lead guitar bits leaked in 2013.

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

ugh, my bad. of course that older GD leaked in 2013, NOT in 2018.

No worries. :) hard to keep track of everything these days!

Just now, CoBrA2168 said:

So...3 versions then? I've only heard 2 (one from 2013 and then one from a few days ago).

The one from last year is exactly the same as the 2013 one except just a few lead guitar licks are missing. You’re not missing much.

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No worries. :) hard to keep track of everything these days!

The one from last year is exactly the same as the 2013 one except just a few lead guitar licks are missing. You’re not missing much.

Hmm, interesting.  First I heard of that version.  I do have the 2013 version that was "remastered" or mixed so that the guitar track wasn't isolated.  But I don't consider that an actual leak, just a remaster/remix.

1 minute ago, CoBrA2168 said:

So...3 versions then? I've only heard 2 (one from 2013 and then one from a few days ago).

nono, only 2. 2013 (electric with BBF guitar and Axl bg vocals) and 2019 (acoustic with Tommy only).

you might find some "2013 version without BBF guitar" but that one is fake, made by removing the BBF guitar channel and mirroring the other channel - creating a fake stereo song (technically dual mono track). but that one is "fanmade" (and I remember that back in 2018 that one really "leaked", but was proven to be a fake, created the way I described).

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

nono, only 2. 2013 (electric with BBF guitar and Axl bg vocals) and 2019 (acoustic with Tommy only).

you might find some "2013 version without BBF guitar" but that one is fake, made by removing the BBF guitar channel and mirroring the other channel - creating a fake stereo song (technically dual mono track). but that one is "fanmade" (and I remember that back in 2018 that one really "leaked", but was proven to be a fake, created the way I described).

Ahh!! Okay that makes sense.  I do remember that now.  I discarded it due to the fact that it was just a simple Audacity edit :lol:

Because of rons guitar stem from 2013 this most recent going down leak is probably the easiest one for people to manipulate into something they claim to be a real.

I'd be very wary of any new leaks of this tune. 

Been listening to this the most behind atlas n hardschool