The Plague (1986 Sound City Session) Discussion (unheard vocals!)

It sounds like just an improvised idea for a song.

I can't make out the lyrics apart from the lines already quoted in the Rolling Stone user's guide (So you've been nailed to a cross, what it cost, what's your loss, but you know that a cheap imitation just won't free me )

25 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

03 Ain't Goin' Down No More (Instrumental Version 1986 Sound City Session) i don't like, song was short, the version with vocals are 05:09 version from AFD deluxe are 3:30 :max:

Is there a reason they put an instrumental on there? 

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Is there a reason they put an instrumental on there? 

So next year they can re-release the box set with a 5th disc containing the version with vocals after a batch of demos "recently discovered" are found in a Universal vault and will cost an additional $2500 and feature a CD that doesn't play but has a hologram of the GnR logo.  It will also feature a new single, a :35 second track of Axl warming up his vocals and Slash tuning his guitar, available in 5.1 surround, but only in the ultra ultra limited edition box (limited to 50,000 units)

Edited by Evan442
  • GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Evan442 said:

So next year they can re-release the box set with a 5th disc containing the version with vocals after a batch of demos "recently discovered" are found in a Universal vault and will cost an additional $2500 and feature a CD that doesn't play but has a hologram of the GnR logo.  It will also feature a new single, a :35 second track of Axl warming up his vocals and Slash tuning his guitar, available in 5.1 surround, but only in the ultra ultra limited edition box (limited to 50,000 units)

The idea of a CD that doesn't actually play is both hilarious and totally something I could see happening hahaha. 

9 minutes ago, hypird said:

There was no vocals recorded in that session, maybe

This would make sense, yeah. 

• Haha 1

The more I listen to this for the first time in years but properly mastered, the more I think - WOW! This song is definitely GUN's Purple Rain moment...
Ax was around 21-22 when he first started even conceiving N.R...At it's heart, it's a truly beautiful song but perhaps in this most raw version, stripped of all pomp (which I do love)

the true emotion of it comes out! Goosebumps.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

I hope they do this for Use Your Illusion, however I expect it to be more expensive, since there's two cds to remaster, plus the demos.

As I recall Fernando said they were not even considering doing UYI Box.

Edited by 31illusions

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

I doubt there's much interesting stuff to put into a UYI box tbh.

The Demos Slash talks about without the piano on.

QSound + Rough Mixes

Alternate Versions of the songs from the vault that might exist. (We never know)

Concert footage from the longest tour ever.

Just Another Sunday, Ain't Going Down, Crash Diet and all the other demos.

I think there's even more than what we have on the Appetite Box.

5 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

As I recall Fernando said they we not even considering doing UYI Box.

He just said there were no plans. 

43 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

I hope they do this for Use Your Illusion, however I expect it to be more expensive, since there's two cds to remaster, plus the demos.

They should do the same for Chinese. You know, some remixes, demos and few acoustic versions. Don't really care' bout The Plague or New Work Tune so I think Chinese-box wouldn't need any unreleased songs either.

Edited by ElectricTear

26 minutes ago, ElectricTear said:

They should do the same for Chinese. You know, some remixes, demos and few acoustic versions. Don't really care' bout The Plague or New Work Tune so I think Chinese-box wouldn't need any unreleased songs either.

What about Jackie, The General, and Atlas though??